ModNation Racers

ModNation Racers Kart Track and Mod Creation Discussion

ModNation Racers Kart Track and Mod Creation Discussion

Level 3

Re: New Track: Candilly Wings Highrises

mackAttack8000 wrote:
What does Sonic have to do with my track??

Posted from my Nintendo 3DS

Simply that he hates tropical resort tracks, and the zone name is ''Tropical Resort''. 

Oh, and I see you posted with your 3DS? Here's my FC and username:

2277-6791-9366

Joltanz.

Give me yours!

Every time ??? posts, somewhere an English teacher cries.
Or they all cry in unison.
dode i leke punktuation
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 15 (63 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

mackAttack8000 wrote:
What does Sonic have to do with my track??

Posted from my Nintendo 3DS

Sort of facepalm t(-_-t)

PS: the 3DS? Do you like contacts?

The_pwner007
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 15 (63 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

mack you did a good job on this track. The boundaries may lead to warping problems. Other than that it was a fine race in the seaside theme.

Exobud
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 15 (57 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

I really like this track, it looks fantastic, really pretty and varied scenery, and has a great flow, but I really think you ought to remove most, if not all, of the road dividers. They serve no purpose other than to annoy people! I learned after a long time that what people like to race most in this game is sweeping, flowing, wide tracks, these dividers cause issues relating to pop-in, warping and of course, just being in the way!

Also, add chevrons, there's a bit of pop-in on this track which makes judging corner distances a little tricky, chevrons would ease the issue somewhat...

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 15 (36 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 4

I see you put another version up, it plays better I think, you've removed a lot of those dividers down the middle which is definitely a good thing, although still no chevrons added? :smileysad: In city tracks with lots of props like this one they're kind of essential as the pop-in can make judging distances awkward but chevrons are designed to never pop-in on screen, so they are visible from far away. :smileywink:

Still, I enjoyed the track regardless, so I gave it 5* again, but I can't help feel it would be better received with chevrons to lead the way. Remember, just because you know a track like the back of your hand by the time you're done making it, others don't have this benefit and will often struggle to find their way around.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 15 (27 Views)
1 Kudos