Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: New Track: Candilly Wings Highrises

mackAttack8000 wrote:
What does Sonic have to do with my track??

Posted from my Nintendo 3DS

Simply that he hates tropical resort tracks, and the zone name is ''Tropical Resort''. 

Oh, and I see you posted with your 3DS? Here's my FC and username:

2277-6791-9366

Joltanz.

Give me yours!

Every time ??? posts, somewhere an English teacher cries.
Or they all cry in unison.
dode i leke punktuation
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15 (76 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

mackAttack8000 wrote:
What does Sonic have to do with my track??

Posted from my Nintendo 3DS

Sort of facepalm t(-_-t)

PS: the 3DS? Do you like contacts?

The_pwner007
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15 (76 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

mack you did a good job on this track. The boundaries may lead to warping problems. Other than that it was a fine race in the seaside theme.

Exobud
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15 (70 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I really like this track, it looks fantastic, really pretty and varied scenery, and has a great flow, but I really think you ought to remove most, if not all, of the road dividers. They serve no purpose other than to annoy people! I learned after a long time that what people like to race most in this game is sweeping, flowing, wide tracks, these dividers cause issues relating to pop-in, warping and of course, just being in the way!

Also, add chevrons, there's a bit of pop-in on this track which makes judging corner distances a little tricky, chevrons would ease the issue somewhat...

1 Kudos
Message 14 of 15 (49 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I see you put another version up, it plays better I think, you've removed a lot of those dividers down the middle which is definitely a good thing, although still no chevrons added? :smileysad: In city tracks with lots of props like this one they're kind of essential as the pop-in can make judging distances awkward but chevrons are designed to never pop-in on screen, so they are visible from far away. :smileywink:

Still, I enjoyed the track regardless, so I gave it 5* again, but I can't help feel it would be better received with chevrons to lead the way. Remember, just because you know a track like the back of your hand by the time you're done making it, others don't have this benefit and will often struggle to find their way around.

1 Kudos
Message 15 of 15 (40 Views)
1 Kudos