Reply
Level 4
 
Playstation Staff

Rif.: New Track: MnR Rally-Croatia

*Note, these comments refer to the MNR RALLY - Croatia version, played yesterday. :smileywink:

 

I'd have to agree with other comments about this not really being rally-style, however, that's not my biggest issue. Unfortunately, it's the props, specifically the hitboxes for the variety of trees you've used that spew out into the road. I KNOW you've tried to make it like it's natural but unfortunately that just doesn't work well in this game thanks to some incredibly LAZY programming which means tree have square hitboxes rather than ones which match their actual shape. :smileytongue: Hit a tree going fast, at an angle and theres's no knowing what may happen. Yes, I know that would be the case in real life too, but as others often have said on here before, MNR IS NOT real life. My suggestion? Perhaps barriers (I know, I'm shocked to be advocating such a thing!).

 

Also, those trees you used to cover up the sunroofs of the trailers in the on-water part, some of them are rock solid, that part of the track was a HUGE pain in the ass to drive through because I didn't know which trees would affect me and which wouldn't, perhaps use drive-through bushes or small stones instead that DON'T affect the kart and send it haywire?

 

It sounds like I hate the track, but I don't, it's absolutely gorgeous to look and and the route itself is fun, just the hitbox issues really affect the raceability and, as it is (or was) it's not the kind of track people will come back to again and again, unlike prob-s MNR RALLY series. I'd give it a 4*, honestly, but if the hitbox issues didn't exist (or weren't as severe) it'd be a 5* for sure!

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 40 (143 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Rif.: New Track: MnR Rally-Croatia


atheistsw wrote:

*Note, these comments refer to the MNR RALLY - Croatia version, played yesterday. :smileywink:

 

I'd have to agree with other comments about this not really being rally-style, however, that's not my biggest issue. Unfortunately, it's the props, specifically the hitboxes for the variety of trees you've used that spew out into the road. I KNOW you've tried to make it like it's natural but unfortunately that just doesn't work well in this game thanks to some incredibly LAZY programming which means tree have square hitboxes rather than ones which match their actual shape. :smileytongue: Hit a tree going fast, at an angle and theres's no knowing what may happen. Yes, I know that would be the case in real life too, but as others often have said on here before, MNR IS NOT real life. My suggestion? Perhaps barriers (I know, I'm shocked to be advocating such a thing!).

 

Also, those trees you used to cover up the sunroofs of the trailers in the on-water part, some of them are rock solid, that part of the track was a HUGE pain in the ass to drive through because I didn't know which trees would affect me and which wouldn't, perhaps use drive-through bushes or small stones instead that DON'T affect the kart and send it haywire?

 

It sounds like I hate the track, but I don't, it's absolutely gorgeous to look and and the route itself is fun, just the hitbox issues really affect the raceability and, as it is (or was) it's not the kind of track people will come back to again and again, unlike prob-s MNR RALLY series. I'd give it a 4*, honestly, but if the hitbox issues didn't exist (or weren't as severe) it'd be a 5* for sure!


 

Where did you encounter the hit boxes? Also, I didn't actually use the CM Trailers for the Driving on Water Part. Guess How.

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 40 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 4
 
Playstation Staff

Rif.: New Track: MnR Rally-Croatia


mackAttack8000 wrote:

atheistsw wrote:

*Note, these comments refer to the MNR RALLY - Croatia version, played yesterday. :smileywink:

 

I'd have to agree with other comments about this not really being rally-style, however, that's not my biggest issue. Unfortunately, it's the props, specifically the hitboxes for the variety of trees you've used that spew out into the road. I KNOW you've tried to make it like it's natural but unfortunately that just doesn't work well in this game thanks to some incredibly LAZY programming which means tree have square hitboxes rather than ones which match their actual shape. :smileytongue: Hit a tree going fast, at an angle and theres's no knowing what may happen. Yes, I know that would be the case in real life too, but as others often have said on here before, MNR IS NOT real life. My suggestion? Perhaps barriers (I know, I'm shocked to be advocating such a thing!).

 

Also, those trees you used to cover up the sunroofs of the trailers in the on-water part, some of them are rock solid, that part of the track was a HUGE pain in the ass to drive through because I didn't know which trees would affect me and which wouldn't, perhaps use drive-through bushes or small stones instead that DON'T affect the kart and send it haywire?

 

It sounds like I hate the track, but I don't, it's absolutely gorgeous to look and and the route itself is fun, just the hitbox issues really affect the raceability and, as it is (or was) it's not the kind of track people will come back to again and again, unlike prob-s MNR RALLY series. I'd give it a 4*, honestly, but if the hitbox issues didn't exist (or weren't as severe) it'd be a 5* for sure!


 

Where did you encounter the hit boxes? Also, I didn't actually use the CM Trailers for the Driving on Water Part. Guess How


I thought you used Trailer 1 because you can make it much larger in size? Hitboxes are just generally crap for all trees, so if you have them sticking out onto the track then they can be irritiating as hell. Not necessarily your fault, a fault of the game design as I said, but many players won't realise this and chalk it up to crap track design instead. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 40 (127 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Rif.: New Track: MnR Rally-Croatia

Oh, thanks, I'll run a check in time trial.

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 40 (115 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 4
 
Playstation Staff

Rif.: New Track: MnR Rally-Croatia

Hey mack, I played your new version yesterday (Palenicka Park) and didn't encounter any issues, did you adjust a few of the stick-out props? I ask because I found NO issues and had a blast whipping around the course. :smileyhappy: Very beautiful still, but with a great flow. I still feel that the shortcuts feel a bit filler-ish though, so I'll try the "Pure" version too, I have a feeling that may be the most popular of the two in the long run. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 40 (103 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Rif.: New Track: MnR Rally-Croatia

I'll definitely try the new version. Looks beautiful.


The_pwner007
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 40 (98 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Rif.: New Track: MnR Rally-Croatia

Great work congratulation.... but today I was stuck in the lake throughout the race :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 40 (91 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Rif.: New Track: MnR Rally-Croatia


Itachifox wrote:

Great work congratulation.... but today I was stuck in the lake throughout the race :smileysad:


Wha?

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 40 (79 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Rif.: New Track: MnR Rally-Croatia

my kart blocked under the lake for all race, the respawn didn't work.

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 40 (72 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Rif.: New Track: MnR Rally-Croatia


Itachifox wrote:

my kart blocked under the lake for all race, the respawn didn't work.


 

Not even pressing select?

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 40 (60 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos