ModNation Racers

ModNation Racers Kart Track and Mod Creation Discussion

ModNation Racers Kart Track and Mod Creation Discussion

06 Aug 2011
By: Exobud Member 126 Posts
Level 3

New Track Sanskrit Sands

4 Replies 92 Views Created 06-08-2011

All I can say is be sure you have enough boost in your meter.ModNation™ Racers.JPG

Fight for the first item pod at the start.

ModNation™ Racers_9.JPG

A group of four item pods after choosing between boost, speed or weapons.

ModNation™ Racers_7.JPG

Next you enter the "Midair Moat" which launches you into the air.

ModNation™ Racers_6.JPG

Take a U-Turn to jump over the secret "Dragon Blood Tree Center".ModNation™ Racers_5.JPG

The "Dragon Blood Tree Center" is guarded by high walls.ModNation™ Racers_4.JPG

You will land on the wooden bridge U-turn.

ModNation™ Racers_3.JPG

You will then jump to the "Old Town Bridge".

ModNation™ Racers_2.JPG

"Old Town" has a population of 30 people.

ModNation™ Racers_2.JPG

Enter the "Trap Temple" which adds a trap on each lap. 1st lap: Bearier 2nd lap: Pop-up blocker 1 (Pole) 3rd lap: Small barrel launchers.ModNation™ Racers.JPG

After the "Trap Temple" you will see the "Oil Ruins".ModNation™ Racers_10.JPGThe "Mud Hut Village" won't mind your loud weapons.

ModNation™ Racers_11.JPG

The final turn is on the "Oasis Bridge".

Please give me feedback.

"The difference is creativity."

Exobud
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (92 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: New Track Sanskrit Sands

Looks like you have spent some time creating this one :smileyhappy:  which is always nice to see...  have you only used the desert theme tho?   my personal view is to try and at least use 2 themes.. this gives a different feel to the track.. eg.. use the desert buildings  but then use alpine or jungle trees etc.. or the white alpine rocks.. this would give a different colour to the track making it more appealing on the eye..

this is just my view tho. :smileyhappy:    looks a good solid track never the less.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (77 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I'll check it out tonight! Pics look good!

Linkueininja
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (55 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

I dont think I can edit my above post to add this....sorry if double posting is frowned upon.

Raced your track. I love the track but I had a problem with the props overlapping into the track. I found myself hanging up quite a bit & at the boost jumps the extra space was causing me problems & lack of gaurd rails was causing me to fall off quite a bit....Im sure because I am a rookie/noob and have a LOT to learn. Not sure if you wanted it that way. I know Cougar was helping me & tested a tack of mine and suggested I moved any overlapping props to outside the guardrail. I know it made for a faster track . But I really do love the layout & scenery of your track, it is very kool! Love the jump over all the greenery inside the walls!

Linkueininja
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (52 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

The track layout is cool. I think the metal blockers (the proper name eludes me atm)  in the middle of the track causes you to reset when you hit them, but the time to do so isn't bad at all, I'm just not sure if the reset put me further ahead or back. I like how you have the jumps in the water part of the track. At one time I jumped onto the side of the track where there's a strip of land running aside the track. I thought that was nice but it obviously wasn't part of the track because I received the "illegal shortcut" message. Other then that, I really like your track. There really wasn't an issue too concerning, tbh. good job. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (34 Views)
0 Kudos