30 Jun 2011
Playstation Staff

New Track: Wu Xing Metal Shrine

[ Edited ]
10 Replies 188 Views edited 30-06-2011

Wu Xing Metal Shrine: http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/ArgorokX/creations/3729331

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Itks09rhc

wxms01.JPG

The fourth stop on the five element series takes you to the rooftops of a futuristic far east city.

wxms02.JPG

The race begins in a rooftop garden

wxms03.JPGwxms04.JPG

Hang a sharp right as you land on the helipad and take the sky bridge to a massive office building.

wxms05.JPG

Blast through office hallways.  A shortcut will open for those that fall far behind.

wxms06.JPG

The sky bridge is under construction.  Make a detour through unfinished skyscrapers.

wxms07.JPG

Loop around the shrine.  Racers that are behind can cut across the front of the shrine when the shortcut opens.

wxms08.JPG

Down to the smelting furnace.

wxms09.JPGwxms10.JPG

These doors open when activated.  Be careful or you'll be melted down!

Hope you all enjoy :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (188 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: New Track: Wu Xing Metal Shrine

Looks awesome, I'll check it out
Villain29
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (173 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Played this last night - great course! For the last section where you can hop over the left or right vents instead of going through the middle - is there any advantage to taking the right vent? Seemed to just direct me to flying off the building - unsure if there's a shortcut or not that I was missing.  Left vent is definately advantageous.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (168 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

wow, this looks like a very spacious track...with some creative gimmicks and ideas. DL 4sure.

I love coming to this board.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (159 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Love this track... very first time the first corner on the landing pad through me... didnt no where i was going..  but after that was just pure epic!! my personal favourite of yours. and im sure i will host it many times! Great work m8.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (156 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Thanks everyone.

@MylesG: There is no real advantage to the right path other than getting boost in addition to an item pod.  When I go that way I land with enough room to turn, just hold off on the urge to jump as you hit the vents cuz that could send you flying higher.  I mostly made that path just for symetry, though :smileywink:. You forfeit an item pod by going left.

@Prob_Alex: Yeah, that first right turn is very quick.  I put up arrows before the jump, but most people are going to turn to slowly their first time.  Hopefully that doesnt turn people off.  Glad you like the track :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (143 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Just raced this track Argo!!  Very nice work!!  I like the variety of surfaces and the glass tubes were the first I raced through (I take it these came from the Moon pack).  Near the end there was short cut with some pop up blockers in front of the entry.  I am not sure if there is a trigger somewhere, but I couldn't seem to set it off.  I assume you set it on automatic intervals.  I was curious, so I waited for it to let me in.  :smileyvery-happy:    Keep up the great work!!

Patrickjames777
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (137 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

If you're talking about the one that cuts across the shrine, it opens when a kart enters an invisible region at the halfway point of the 3 quarter circle :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (134 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I thought I commented on this one already? :Confused:

Ah well, great track, love the use of the moon tunnels!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (110 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Great combination of props ArgorokX, the course is very nice too, brilliant track!
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (106 Views)
0 Kudos