04 Oct 2010
Playstation Staff

New track: Mini Golf Par(t) 2

7 Replies 362 Views Created 04-10-2010

You asked for it! More mini golf action to love. Accept no imitations. Please let me know what you think. I just started testing it.

ModNation™ Racers_1.JPG

ModNation™ Racers_2.JPGModNation™ Racers_3.JPGModNation™ Racers_4.JPGModNation™ Racers.JPG

~evan
apricot-jam-IS

~Please check out my tracks.
Ice Quake Ridge, Pro_Flo Canyon Hopper, , Uptown-Downtown, A jaunt through town, Downhill Tropical Glacier, Blaster: Super Off Road, Big Dukes: Super Off Road, Space Station 41, Concrete Jungle: Team TRK, Bamboo Forest, Vanilla Lake 2, Bamboo 2: The Overgrowth, Fault Lines, Altago City, Mini Golf, Mini Golf Par(t) 2, Alien Mini Golf, Tropical Trailblazing, Enchanted Forest, Swamp Showdown (revamped) !!!!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (362 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: New track: Mini Golf Par(t) 2

good idea with the flags - i've actually played part 1 a lot, and one thing i noticed people having trouble with sometimes was finding the holes. placing flags corrects that. nice work!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (346 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Hmmm. Thanks for the feedback.  I actually put flags in the first one too.  Not sure how to make the holes more clear.  I'd love to hear people's ideas.  I have tried to include more chevron signs to direct people to the holes.  Glad to hear people enjoyed the first one.

~evan
apricot-jam-IS

Ice Quake Ridge, Pro_Flo Canyon Hopper, , Uptown-Downtown, A jaunt through town, Downhill Tropical Glacier, Blaster: Super Off Road, Big Dukes: Super Off Road, Space Station 41, Concrete Jungle: Team TRK, Bamboo Forest, Vanilla Lake 2, Bamboo 2: The Overgrowth, Fault Lines, Altago City, Mini Golf, Mini Golf Par(t) 2, Alien Mini Golf, Tropical Trailblazing, Enchanted Forest, Swamp Showdown (revamped) !!!!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (344 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

The first one was fun. I'm going to get this one.
So for PSN will always be free. The heart and soul of it will require an extra fee to use on Playstation 4.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (340 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Just by reading this few comments it gives me the impression that there is not a defined path on this track, and you advance from getting to the holes, am I right? If so sounds interesting, if that search function worked I would test it

Fnxhell
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (339 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Yes.  Sorry I didn't do a better job describing the course.  It is a follow up to a course called "mini golf".  In these courses you pretend that you are the ball and need to drive into the holes.  Once you fall in you are jumped to the next hole in the course, just like in real mini golf.  I enjoy how this messes with the mechanics of a traditional race track.  Each part of the course tends to have a wide open feel, but there is generally  clear path to take, just no actual track.  There are hovering flags above each hole so you also know where to head.  Please try it out. 

I'm not sure which search function you are refering to, in game, or in these forums.  The in game one works fine for me, though I often get random disconnects from the server.  Just search for mini golf.  There aren't too many of them.  Just watch out because someone cloned my first one and tried to make it their own by calling it mini golf2.  Don't get that one. 

~evan
apricot-jam-IS

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (333 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I meant the one in the game, cant search for a thing now, just searching for a while till "disconnected from the servers" but I will give it a try tonight, sounds like fun

Fnxhell
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (323 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Great track, really well designed and once I realised it was best to slow down on approach to the holes, else you'll overshoot,  I had a blast!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (295 Views)
0 Kudos