16 May 2012
Playstation Staff

Project: Cinema

[ Edited ]
15 Replies 627 Views edited 16-05-2012

Project - Cinema

After the fantastic success of our first group project Timeship, we now turn our attentions to the silver screen and set about 'modifying' some of the greatest movies of all-time! After the first project interest was extremely high, so this is a much more grand scale endeavour, with participants spanning across the entire globe, truly a mark of this games' phenomenal global following! :smileyvery-happy:

Once again OnePoppa has been the driving force behind this whole project, marshalling the troops and making sure everyone knew exactly where they stood with regard to guidelines and deadlines. Also, special thanks to Biver_ for creating a truly remarkable template which (like the Timeship in the previous project), stands as the unifying factor in all of the entries you see here before you.

Well, without further ado, let the show commence!

Coming Attractions

OneMama.jpg

Wizard Of Modz – Based on the timeless classic The Wizard Of Oz, follow the yellow-truck road on a journey of wonder and enlightenment! - OneMama (1939)

jefferzone.jpg

Live & Let Die – Stuck on an alligator-infested island? What would James Bond do? - jefferzone (1973)

bentaipei76.jpg

Orient X-press - Race through the chaotic aftermath of the Orient Express crash. - bentaipei76 (1974)

RADBOYROB.jpg

JAWS OF DEATH  – Loosely based on a film called Big Tooth - about a herring that swam in radioactive human waste and transformed into a man eater that we now know as JAWS OF DEATH! - RADMANROB (1975)

Biver_.jpg

Mod Max - Inspired by the Mad Max trilogy, race through an anarchistic and chaotic future among surviving humans after a global nuclear holocaust. - Biver_ (1979)

MagicalHamster.jpg

The Jazz Sisters - Help Jane & Ellen Jazz save the orphanage by getting the money to the top floor of the court house on time! - MagicalHamster (1980)

OnePoppa.jpg

Phonehome – Based on the movie E.T, embrace the innocence of this timeless adventure. - OnePoppa (1982)

dad_knows_best & RBH.jpg

Back In Time - Race through the past, present and future as you bid to course-correct history time and again! - dad_knows_best/rainbowhillbilly (1985)

Itachifox.jpg

The Moodnies – Investigate the trap-laden underground caverns that lead to an epic discovery of riches! - Itachifox (1985)

Meepcow.jpg

Teddy Blade Hands – Based on Edward Scissorhands, take a tour of the neighbourhood and the road up to the top of the mountain where the gothic castle stands! - Meepcow (1990)

Laidbackcat.jpg

*^Warp*Gate^* – A staggering discovery in the present day leads to an incredible journey of discovery to an ancient yet highly advanced civilization among the stars... - Laidbackcat (1994)

marusarusa.jpeg

Swarm of Insects  – The frontline base of cosmic forces have been attacked by a swarm of insect-like aliens. Your mission is to break through the base of cosmic forces filled with insects and reach the cave that is the home of the enemy. If you finish in 1st, you will be given citizenship. Good luck! - marusarusa (1997)

John31269.jpg

Snakeland  – Based off of Anaconda (small hints of Snakes On A Plane & Anaconda: Hunt For The Blood Orchid as well). - John31269 (1997)

atheistsw.JPG

The Modtrix – The world as we know it is cruelly exposed as an elaborate virtual fabrication as you are thrust into a raging battle between humans and machines and only one mod can save us all… - atheistsw (1999)

big_village_920.jpg

Gods In The Public Baths - At the end of the tunnel was a strange town… - big-village_920_ (2001)

macAttack8000.jpeg

Johnny British – Race through some of the funniest and important scenes in the comedy spy film, Johnny English, as Johnny tries to stop England being taken over! - mackAttack8000 (2003)

prob_alex.jpg

Troy –  Ancient Greece created an army with one mission… to conquer TROY… but the walls of Troy were too great to be breached… only the trickery of the Greeks got them through… they made a giant horse and hid inside. The Trojans then took this horse inside their gates! The rest is history… prob_alex (2004)

On behalf of this truly global gathering of creative talent we hope you enjoy our community offering, all comments and feedback are very much appreciated. :smileyhappy:

We'll see you on the track!

Please use plain text.
3 Kudos
Message 1 of 16 (627 Views)
3 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Project: Cinema

Incredible! So many great tracks to try out. Very interesting to see if I can spot movie scenes in these tracks.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16 (621 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Raced a few online just now; All of them were very impressive, especially prob_alex's (and mine) LOL

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16 (589 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

What a tremendous job with the presentation of the Cinema project ath!  The project is made complete with your outstanding additional efforts.  Biver's incredible start section was nothing short of inspirational.  I am incredibly proud of each of the tracks and of the efforts of all of the entrants.  I guess you could say I'm one proud poppa LOL.  The success of this and the Timeship project are owed entirely to the participants.  Isn't MNR great?  Creative friends spanning the entire globe, with styles as different as our countries, together creating one excellent, fun series.  Thanks everyone!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16 (568 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I decided not to try any last night as I want to play them all in a row, like I did with timeship! Expect Feedback!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16 (565 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Do they all have ''Cinema:'' in front or ''Project: Cinema:''? 

Must download them.

Every time ??? posts, somewhere an English teacher cries.
Or they all cry in unison.
dode i leke punktuation
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16 (551 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

abc123Y wrote:

Do they all have ''Cinema:'' in front or ''Project: Cinema:''? 

Must download them.

Cinema:.

John31269
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16 (549 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Very awesome project to be a part of!   :Thumbs:

John31269
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16 (541 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Rif.: Project: Cinema

This is much better than Timeship in my opinion, almost race all of the and i say my chaps... those are wonderful works in so many ways!

Retiree.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16 (522 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

great presentation Athe

short and precise

love these project's and expect us to do more like it

next one is a multicreator-project though.

but it'll proberbly B just as fun

though only one track is coming out of it

very impressed with all the Cinema-tracks

shows people took it serriously and did their best

think a few more will come from folk's who couldn't meet the deadline.

and in a week or 2

i'll publish Cinema-template for good

so all can have a go at it

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16 (507 Views)
0 Kudos