Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Tips and Tricks Tutorial: prob_alex

[ Edited ]

Another Very quick scenery Tutorial..

After looking through mini-sh's   new track pictures i noticed a few comments about the scenery... he uses far east trees. and also green alpine trees...  these do not look natural in this terrain..  also the layout of the trees are very  statue like.. eg. all the same height size  distance apart Etc..

ModNation™ Racers_50.JPG

im not saying there is anything wrong with this style... everybody is different.

for a natural effect use a few rocks. and lower and higher the trees etc.  then use different ground terrain to create the effect of thaw. i also used the small snow cover on top of the far east trees so they fitted in with the rest.

ModNation™ Racers_51.JPG

very easy tutorial.. hope this helps.

Prob_alex

Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 11 of 21 (430 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I am priveleged to have a tutorial based around one of my tracks! Thank you Alex. 

I have now had the comments that commented possitively on the tree choice now, but this still would've looked so much better.

Thanks for sharing this with the community!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21 (423 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I would love to use the new tutorial one day!   :smileyvery-happy:

John31269
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21 (401 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

:Stupid:  Holy cow!!  This is AH-MAZING!!   I had no idea on how to do this and I had seen it on several tracks!  GREAT STUFF YOU GUYS!!!  I have had this game since it's release and could never figure out how to do such beautiful things!  I'm gonna try this out now!!

Capncwby1969
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21 (372 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Budget trick -  I know many beginners use up there prop budget very very quickly... this is because they use way to many building props...  (high prop budget prop)  so heres a little idea of how to keep that down but still create 1 off structures...

To show you exactly what i mean i will only use 3 props.. 2 Buildings  and 1 'Connecting prop' - As i call it. (links it all together)

ModNation™ Racers_57.JPG

Here is what i turned them 3 props into...

ModNation™ Racers_56.JPG

ModNation™ Racers_60.JPG

ModNation™ Racers_58.JPG

Here is the above pictured with a few more props.. as it would be if i was creating it properly..

ModNation™ Racers_59.JPG

view my Advanced buildings Tutorial to learn how to create these unique structures..

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Cheers

Please use plain text.
4 Kudos
Message 15 of 21 (355 Views)
4 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Alex, you are a freggin genius! This stuff is so amazing, and so simple to follow too!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21 (350 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

That is indeed impressive...
Whitef8ng
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21 (346 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Brilliant lesson mate, just brilliant! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21 (336 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Creating a blasting Gun :smileyhappy:

Step 1 -  place in the correct height a small barrel launcher...  set the setting to shoot every 1 sec.  and speed slow as it can go..

then place 3 small fence post slightly infront of where the barrel shoots from so that they stop in moving

ModNation™ Racers_15.JPG

Step 2

Place the Guns barrel (pipe)  in place. make sure there is no room underneath the fence posts to escape from

ModNation™ Racers_16.JPG

step 3

Finish off designing your gun / Tank / Army Base ETC.

ModNation™ Racers_17.JPG

And there you have it... a gun that looks and sounds like its firing. Enjoy

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21 (270 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

How to create a alternate route that stays open... This is very useful if you want to have a 3rd lap completely different to the first 2.

As you can see ive created a top and bottom route..

ModNation™ Racers_18.JPG

Step 2

Ive now placed TWO  red ramps 1 on top of the other.. get them as close together as you can.. should really only look like 1 ramp is there... ive placed mine slightly apart so you can see that there is TWO

ModNation™ Racers_19.JPG

Step 3

The blue Crates are actually to show you where you should place an INVISIBLE Trigger...  the first 1 should trigger the first ramp.. making the racers jump on to the top route then roughly 7 seconds after this place a second invisible trigger this opens the Second Ramp...  so once the first ramp goes down after 10 seconds the second ramp will still be up.. then the slower racers should open the FIRST ramp Back up.. creating a 1 after another effect.

ModNation™ Racers_20.JPG

Step 4.. Sink the ramps into the ground so that they cannot be seen on the first 2 laps.. this then will give a nice supprise to the racers for the 3rd lap. :smileyhappy:

ModNation™ Racers_21.JPG

Obviously make sure the ramps are set to 10 seconds... set down for the first laps and triggered to extend on final lap.

Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 20 of 21 (262 Views)
1 Kudos