03 May 2012
Playstation Staff

Updated and New track: Praia & Frozen Raceway

8 Replies 174 Views Created 03-05-2012

So, atheistsw made a good point on a different thread and I decided to become more active in the creation section of the forum.

To show some initiative, I'm posting two of my most recent track (one is an update and the other is a brand new track).

Track: Praia (updated)

The original track was published in 2010 and is still available on my profile. I always liked the original track but it just wasn't good enough anymore for hosting in casual rooms. Solution? Update it.

I wanted to keep the long jumps from the original but also wanted to get rid of "warp points", so I included a small island and a long boat launch ramp under the jumps so that if someone warps the advantage wouldn't be unfair.

My favourite part of the track is the last set of curves just after the tunnel. Just start drifting after exiting the tunnel all the way up, "glide" on the last turn and boost to through the finish line (try it and you'll know what I mean, it's awesome).

ModNation™ Racers_5.JPGModNation™ Racers_16.JPGModNation™ Racers_24.JPGModNation™ Racers_32.JPGModNation™ Racers_39.JPG

Track: Frozen Raceway

This is a new track that has received many good comments on casual rooms. It has a somewhat tricky shortcut just after the first turn that will save you about 1-2secs (but no item pods for you!:No-no:). You'll have a time advantage going through the shortcut but racers that decide to stay on the main track will pick up some goodies and try to hunt you down.

There're three short road options to chose just after the barrels (I tried to make it the least confusing possible). All options should take you roughly the same time and each one has its advantages and disadvantages (item pods, boosts pads, boost recharge pads, jumps for spins, ...). Than everybody returns to the main track and the carnage begins to see who'll be the racer to claim the track.

My favourite part of the track is the last set of curves where everybody returns to the main track. It's just so much adrenalin when you're on the lead and you know that you became everybody's target (and you know that they have lost of weapons and are going to shoot at you at any moment).

ModNation™ Racers_43.JPGModNation™ Racers_55.JPGModNation™ Racers_49.JPGModNation™ Racers_50.JPGModNation™ Racers_52.JPGModNation™ Racers_84.JPG

I hope you all enjoy the tracks. Feedback is always welcome! :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (174 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Updated and New track: Praia & Frozen Raceway

I've raced frozen raceway with you and it's a great track! There's nothing absolutely amazing about it, but it's a solid, racable, fun track. I will try out Praia. Keep them coming Rip.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (156 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

mini_schnauzer67 wrote:

I've raced frozen raceway with you and it's a great track! There's nothing absolutely amazing about it, but it's a solid, racable, fun track. I will try out Praia. Keep them coming Rip.

I agree with mini about Frozen Raceway, nice track but nothing remarkable (IMO), however I really like Praia (updated) it has an epic flow throughout, warps don't break it (which I found to my peril racing against you) and it's absolutely gorgeously decorated throughout, I particularly like the view during the jump on the third picture, absolutely stunning landscape!

Also, nice to see you posting in this section now. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (136 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Rif.: Updated and New track: Praia & Frozen Raceway

Praia is totally great.

Retiree.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (131 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Rif.: Updated and New track: Praia & Frozen Raceway

the 6th pic looks eiskalt nizzZZEE castel'

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (117 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Hey, thanks for the feedback. I very much appreciate it. :BigGrin:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (91 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Praia is great but are we going to get a remix or sequel to Flight of Icarus?!

I love Frozen Raceway! Its fast, clean, and mean! I would have added a stephers-style wall of mod-bots, though. :xRolleyes:

Also, someone needs to do something about Mrs D's best lap time on Frozen Raceway! She's getting cocky!

Drew_sux
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (76 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Flight of Icarus is Mrs.Ripper's favourite track so I think a remix is out of question, but I liked the idea of a sequel. I'll work on it for sure.

Stepher's style is so unique that I'd feel bad just copying it. I don't get why he's not famous yet. I mean, his tracks may look simple at first but once you're into his style you realize what a genius he is (I'm not being sarcastic at all, I really have lots of fun racing his tracks). He uses mod-bots and odd jumps/shortcuts like no other in MNR (the jump on "volcano jumper" is unbelievable complex to master).

As for Mrs.D. getting cocky, tell me about it! Now she's even hosting Ripper's Gardens just to get best lap on it too. Just because she holds best lap time on Frozen Raceway AND on Praia she thinks that all of a sudden she became maverick. Something definitely needs to be done.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (61 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

You are right. I actually like stepher's tracks, too!  It started as a joke but I have a lot of fun racing them! When I remixed "bomn voyage" I kind of fell in love with the track.  That's why the second lap of my remix tries to showcases stepher's original.

I guess what needs to happen now is that we contact stephers and see if he's cool with us promoting his stuff.  :CoolDevil:

Drew_sux
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (49 Views)
0 Kudos