Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Become a Hot Lap Judge For a Week III

Kuningaskotka wrote:

What, I thought there was more time as well. I'd think your track will count.

Btw the previous unofficial lists are missing at least atheistsw's track which was submitted around the same time as mine. But I guess Mark has things under control. Unless he wants less competition :smileyvery-happy:

I only submitted that one because the entries were pathetically low in numbers, but a few more have been submitted now so it's all good :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 71 of 149 (173 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Hi Lloyd2k4.

Nothing against you Lloyd2k4. Never has been, never will.

Since you brought it up you will notice that I removed some others tracks as I knew the "regulars" (including atheistsw) were kindly throwing some tracks in the ring to help out with a sadly low number of Hot Lap submissions this week. Also many had sent in lists of their 4 or more tracks not understanding what this activity was. I also excluded or narrowed down those also. As far as WHALE racing temple long goes, when I looked at the date it looked to be a recent update of an older track of his called WHALE racing temple. Although kinda pushing the boundries of the premise for the activity I thought it was OK. I also have no problem with prob_alex submitting a UFG remix. Ultimately the vote (is intended) to be up to the players. I may or may not ever pick a UFG remix myself but you guys might, it's up to you and if I know most of the creators as I do I know Alex would understand if his wasn't voted in. He would maybe disagree with the reasoning but accept the "verdict" 

All I am trying to do is let players have the chance to have a say in Hot Lap voting. This time around it was a little bit perceived as an opportunity for a public campaign to get one's track in Hot Lap which is not the premise. No harm, no foul. Next time I won't assume everyone is on the same page again and I will add more qualifying stipulations. I have nothing against you or any other participant and I am not afraid of criticism. I can't make everyone happy but I think my reputation is consistent and fair.

To answer the question of why does it matter when, who, why, where, etc... I think to be fair it ABSOLUTELY matters! ! 

1. I race ALL tracks submitted for Hot Lap. No limits  = not enough time to test = no real genuine review of the tracks would take place. I don't think everyone works as hard as they do to have the dev team draw straws as to their choice. I know I wouldn't want that.

2. In fairness to all the games creators there has to be some regulating otherwise the top 30(?) creators could (not would, could) just keep stuffing the ballot box week after week to keep their library of tracks in the spotlight. This would be death to new or upcoming creators.

3. Hot Lap is under the header of "creations of the week" in the ModNation Monday blog. The intent is "here are the best tracks of the week for you to experience". Now some people may argue whether or not they should be purely great racers only, some want new and different, some don't care just as long as it's fun. 

In the SPIRIT of the game and the spirit of the "best of" there is no set in stone rules just guidelines like no-resurrections, etc...

Let's not stain the spirit of the game by overcomplicatiing or implementing rigid rules into our events. Obviously if it was a contest (which we DON'T do) stringent rules have to be followed, legal dept brought in, etc.... 

So lets get back to the fun.

Cool Lloyd2k4?

Mark

Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 72 of 149 (160 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Exobud wrote:

Mark, I won't be able to race until Saturday. Please remove my name from the judge list. I don't think I will be able to vote.

This is no longer my chance.

Bummer. Next time?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 73 of 149 (158 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

abc123Y wrote:

Wait, we have to play during the week? Ugh... I can't do that. School is the simple reason.

EDIT. oh. I already raced them separately alone. Fine then! 

1.Canyon City Construction

2.Sinkhole Far East

3. Rooftop Road

4. My own track :3

5.Of water and ice

Sorry for worrying you all!

Are you trying to be funny, or did you actually just tell everyone which tracks you're voting for?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 74 of 149 (153 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

JNM-CIM wrote:

abc123Y wrote:

Wait, we have to play during the week? Ugh... I can't do that. School is the simple reason.

Are you trying to be funny, or did you actually just tell everyone which tracks you're voting for?

oh well...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 75 of 149 (151 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Sorry to bother you again Mark, but is there going to be another track list tomorrow?  Because I'm starting to become very confused.  I've done and tested every track on your list except for two, but a lot of people seem to be adding and suggesting tracks at the last minute, and I don't want to mistakenly skip those tracks if they're supposed to be judged.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 76 of 149 (148 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I would've like some explanation in the opening post because it's the first time I'm doing this. And yes, I actually voted for these tracks.

I'm sorry, but as I said, there weren't many details and I didn't know how it worked.

Every time ??? posts, somewhere an English teacher cries.
Or they all cry in unison.
dode i leke punktuation
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 77 of 149 (146 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

abc123Y wrote:

I would've like some explanation in the opening post because it's the first time I'm doing this. And yes, I actually voted for these tracks.

I'm sorry, but as I said, there weren't many details and I didn't know how it worked.

No worries. Just trying to protect the votes / voters. I did post final instructions on page six of this thread. Again, no harm done. Don't worry about it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 78 of 149 (142 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I'm pretty sure you can't vote for your own track abc...

unless I don't understand

0 Kudos
Message 79 of 149 (132 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

mini_schnauzer67 wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can't vote for your own track abc...

unless I don't understand

You can, just not for #1.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 80 of 149 (128 Views)
0 Kudos