ModNation Racers

ModNation Racers Online Discussion

ModNation Racers Online Discussion

28 Aug 2010
By: Basinator666 Member 254 Posts
Level 3

A idea

6 Replies 229 Views Created 28-08-2010

so last night i was playing with guy in canada and he was as far east as u can get and im n texas and while we where playing the lightning was lagging at an estimated 3-5 seconds after the lightning was supposed to hit

so with this being said would this b a good idea to have the shield automatically protect you thus eliminating the human error

pros:

when region gets unlcked the lag wont affect your race

no more trouble with the missles

cons:

makes it even harder to hit some1

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (229 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: A idea

the human error ... is what makes it a game . if your automatically protected , the 3rd level lighning is a waste . unlocking regions always creates more lag , you would essentially be dumbing down the game , the weopons pointless .
this is the end of the post . you can stop reading now ... seriously ... STOP !!! I SAID STOP READING !!!!! GO !!!! GET !!!! oh nevermind ....
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (222 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

i think this is a bad idea. . .but i can tell you that lightning usually strikes from 1st place, going down the line. and for avoiding hydras, slow down right when the rockets are about to hit you so that the rockets spend less time trying to hit you, due to some lagging behind on purpose, usually because there is a shortcut. im sure you know of these tips?

i think that having the shield automatically protecting you will make the lighting strike and hydra near obsolete and the only chance you will get hit is that if you dont have enough boost on you. and it may take a while for the region gets unlocked, because UFG already said that combining all the forums is basically impossible o_O' 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (197 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

yeah it's a pretty dumb idea

just play a pure race if the weapon lag is annoying

Mothhop
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (191 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I think Basinator is proposing an alternative to the current combat system in which the emphasis is solely on having the boost necessary to block incoming attacks as opposed to both having the necessary boost and pushing the button at the right time.  

You would still need to "budget" your boost in order to successfully block attacks, so there would still be some human error involved in combat.  This alternative would eliminate the problems associated with lag, but would come with some associated negatives, one of which (the most obvious one) Basinator noted in his post.

I can think of at least one more thing to put in the "con" column: One couldn't choose to take the first hit in a chain of ultimately unblockable attacks if shielding were automatic.  Or more generally, one doesn't have the freedom to make strategic decisions regarding the use of the shield.

Gopher_p
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (183 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

of course u would still need shield energy to have it automatically block everything

or what about increasing the time it takes to deplete a boost bar while using a shield

also i would like to add an idea about the lightning:

when u use a lvl 3 lightning it hits everyone no matter where they r

because lets face it when ur n 1st place the only weapon u have is a mine... their r no weapons designed to help 1st place out with the cars behind him

and as far as those pesky hydras what would yall say to deleting a few of the missles

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (174 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

The lightning strikes from 1st then goes in order. What u can't control when a player shoots a Bolt Storm (lvl 3 lightning). There's a possibility that the delay isn't because of being online.

What am I talking about? Its simple the Bolt Storm tracks whoever is in first place WHEN THE SKY STARTS TO TURN PURPLE.

i.e.: WhiteF8ng is in 3rd, Basinator666 is in 2nd place and gopher_p is in 1st. WhiteF8ng shoots a Bolt Storm and right after the sky turns purple Basinator666 jumps in front of gopher_p. Now the warning beep starts. Who gets shot first? Basinator should since he's in first right? WRONG. gopher_p's still gonna get it first because he was in first when the Bolt Storm locked in it's targets. Interesting huh?

The same can be said for those that are in last place and get struck by the Bolt Storm. It matters where u were when it was shot.

However there's always about 3-4 secs lag when there's 5+ racers. That's just bandwidth getting split. I'm not saying the lag isn't there but...

Can't really stop that unless they get bigger servers and with 35% of the consumers unhappy w/ the product lets not get our hopes up until after this Holiday season.

Whitef8ng
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (163 Views)
0 Kudos