02 Jul 2010
By: Fennec-Lass Member 43 Posts
Level 3

Anyone else get this? Mod eyes or mouth changes in Modspot upon first load

9 Replies 298 Views Created 02-07-2010

When I first load the game (seems to be the ONLY time this happens), my character's eyes or mouth are set wrong. No, it's not a temporary problem, they will STAY wrong (wrong SET, it changes to sad eyes, mean mouth, whatever on it's own, I'm not talking about a wrong position) until I enter the ModStudio editor. Until I enter the editor though, All the races I'm in, Single-player or Online, show the incorrect part. After I enter and leave the Editor Studio however, Everything loads 100% fine everywhere. It's a minor annoyance to have to go into the editor everytime I boot the game before I race, but with the load times as they are, the "minor annoyance" is more of a "4 minute load wait". Anyway, does anyone else's eyes or mouth not appear right when first booting the game in the modspot?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (298 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Anyone else get this? Mod eyes or mouth changes in Modspot upon first load

are you sure your not just viewing the animation of the parts ? because they do animate to show facial expressions
this is the end of the post . you can stop reading now ... seriously ... STOP !!! I SAID STOP READING !!!!! GO !!!! GET !!!! oh nevermind ....
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (296 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

Mhmm, I'm sure. I waited 10 minutes to see if it'd change to normal, and it never did. But you did remind me that I forgot to mention they seem to be animations, yes, but they are frozen in place midway through. They do NOT change to normal unless I enter the editor and reload the ModSpot.

EDIT: Unreadable typo.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (266 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Yeah this has been happening to me as well. If I keep the same mod for a few days, when I go into a race the head icon of my mod will show something different then what I originally had, such as a different face expression. When I look at my profile it will also show this. I just swap mods and that usually fixes it for a bit but it's still a glitch though. Most of the time it's just the mouth that gets messed up but I've noticed the eyes change too. I know that if you have mouth/eyes they will animate in the modspot and races, but my icon is what is changing (like the one that shows when you're racing, on the left bar)

Maverick--07--
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (216 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Right, mine does too when I'm in a race and it freezes like this. Swapping mods does NOT work for me however. It will still load incorrectly when I switch to my real one.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (209 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Yeah when I changed mods I switched while in the studio. I drove around the modspot for a sec with the different mod, then went to the studio again and switched back. It worked then for a while though it's happened a few times to me. But yea, try swapping mods that way hope thats works :smileyhappy:

Maverick--07--
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (200 Views)
0 Kudos

from reregular indiana jones to asian indy

i have the same problem, i made an indiana jones mod that, on occasion has squinty eyes and it will stay like that for a while.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (162 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: from reregular indiana jones to asian indy

happens to me all the time, but when in the modspot if you use one of the emotions (or whatever it's called) the character's facial expression will reset (th pictures though i'm not sure what triggers them to change or how to change them back)

Perish_song
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (124 Views)
0 Kudos

I noticed it happens when your reputation goes up or down or when you win or lose races. Like when you lose a race, your mod will appear sad, etc.
Xdef3ndr
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (91 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

its changes according your rep
In fact, It was a topic of complaint, the only way to avoid this is to paste mouth and eyes like stickers.. (another user said it to me)
Right now, my rep is 3 stars :smileysad: so my face is angry, if it goes up, it has a peacefully expresion :smileyhappy:
Regards, OmegaThousand
Omegathousand
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (66 Views)
0 Kudos