Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Gota love the haters....

^^   Tiny bit harsh abc old chap and its defo not an ego thing, its being disheartend

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 37 (175 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Laidbackcat wrote:

^^   Tiny bit harsh abc old chap and its defo not an ego thing, its being disheartend

Well I'm sorry, but I don't get how stars make you quit.

I don't care if I was harsh. atheistsw has been complaining for days / weeks now so I think I can also speak my mind.

Every time ??? posts, somewhere an English teacher cries.
Or they all cry in unison.
dode i leke punktuation
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 37 (168 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

atheistsw wrote:

parise93 wrote:

atheistsw wrote:

ripper171 wrote:

atheistsw wrote:

" Even so, I alwaysmake it a point to vote my friends and any creators/racers I respect 5 stars but I wonder how many other people bother to do this?"

I do that. And so does the mrs.:Thumbs:

" Honestly, I just don't understand the mentality of these D4D-ers, WHY go through all the effort to boost for a trophy for a game you clearly don't care about?"

They care about showing off their PSN ID's level to their friends (even though it all is fake and boosted). What a waste of time! :Stupid:

Well, they are doing their best to destroy the credibility of this game and de-motivating me from creating ANYTHING else! My new Rally track is down to 3 STARS simply because those boosting POS morons are downvoting EVERYTHING. Look at the top rated creations now, they're a fraking joke, seriously, if we want to keep this community together in the long run then one of the key things we HAVE to do is eliminate this D4D garbage as soon as we see it.

See a bunch of oval tracks by the same creator? 1 Star the lot of them! Only by doing this can we ensure that good content remains where it deserves to be and the garbage ends up in the trash can where it bloody well belongs.

This is a call to arms, it only takes a second to downvote something, so, if it's boosted, give these jokers EXACTLY what they deserve!

I'm beginning to understand why Ivo Yaridovich quit this game. Ungrateful people do not deserve nice stuff!. Here fraking here and so say we all!

.......................I............Yeah i can't say anything anymore. Oh Yeah. Ratings mean squat. Really, if you have haters be grateful. You are now big enough to warrent them.

I wish that were true parise, but In the context of tracks it means A LOT, those that are highly rated will be on the first few pages and will get continuous downloads from randomers looking for "the best" the game has to offer.

Case in point, 2 tracks (by the same creator) that have been up there on page 1 forever, "Curse Of Skull Island" and "777 Highway", both decidedly average tracks IMHO yet they've somehow managed to maintain their high rating, COSI has got over 1000 downloads because it's always been in that position! It's had no hotlap coverage and it's not a great track (barely more than auto-populated) but it has a cool thumbnail image (that you don't even see in the race) and that attracts the randomers looking for tracks. Meanwhile, many of the 'great' tracks by renowned creators end up getting downvoted sooner or later and disappearing into the void.

It's a stupid system that's totally broken but hell, what's the point complaining now, the game is on it's last legs and I need to find a new creative outlet. :smileysad:

I know the game is dying, but as I said before, the ratings means squat. Look at the Top rated Karts and Mods. That is much worse then Top Rated Tracks as Most things have 1 or 2 Stickers, which equats to about 2 minutes of work i would say. By what your angry about, I should have stop creating last year or something, but i still create. Why? Because i enjoy it. If someone doesn't like it, Well who cares? If you enjoy it, then thats good enough.

The 777 track guy was on Top Karts a few times, and well, My Welcolme to Paripolis Track, has around 500 downloads, and is a broken track which suck garbage, but guess what? i have been on Top Karts/Mods and that inflates those downloads. I'd rather have the races go up then the Downloads, but Alas

Again this game is dying, but I only hear track creators complain, and the ones that have had the spotlight for a large amount. The smaller creators have been alright, I agree with abc that itis an ego thing. Create for enjoyment, and not for the thoughts of others.

If you lost the drive, then thats a different story. 

Initiate Thread Destruction in T-Minus...........

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 37 (164 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

P.S. My karts have 3 star ratings. THATS IT I WONT CREATE ANYTHING ANYMORE.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 37 (161 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

dode i leke punktuation
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 37 (154 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Hmmm pwner u said your fed up of these threads... And ya gettin angry about it lol. Yes I made it as I myself found it funny that my reputation decreased from 5* to 3.5* without racing... I never once mentioned my track ratings or downloads. As ive always said I try and create to inspire others. Personal glory does not bother me.. Obviously it is nice if they rate highly and download it. But that I cant control. I can see yours.and ABC's point tho. And im sure it can come across that way. But it's certainly not an ego thing. But it's nearly impossible not to let haters get at you at some point.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 37 (140 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

To be honest, when I was talking about the ego thing, it was addressed to atheistsw, since he's been very vocal, maybe TOO vocal.

dode i leke punktuation
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 37 (136 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

abc123Y wrote:
To be honest, when I was talking about the ego thing, it was addressed to atheistsw, since he's been very vocal, maybe TOO vocal.

As cat said, it's not about ego, it's about being disheartened so much that I can't be bothered to make nice stuff for people anymore. The thrill of creating disappears when you realise hardly anyone will get to experience your creations anymore. :smileysad: For a long while I was happy to just create because I loved to do it and everytime I got annoyed with haters I'd take a week off and come back more creative than ever. But I don't feel that way anymore unfortunately, the spark has well and truly gone from this game for me. I'm thankful to it that it taught me the joys of game design and that's something I intend to focus on in the future. But the fact of the matter is, after 2 years, I finally feel enough is enough. When I started calling out all the boosters a few months ago I was ready to pack it all in, OnePoppa convinced me to keep going so I did but now I'm all out of juice and many of my good friends are also calling time on their creating days so I think it's time to take a step back from the creation side of things and just try and enjoy what's left of the games community.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 37 (129 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

"They killed our livestock, poisoned our water supply, burned our crops, kidnapped our women, and ate the children!

It's time we do something!

Grab our pitchforks and torches!"

That's the kind of vibe I got from reading most of this thread.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 37 (124 Views)
0 Kudos