Level 3

Playstation Staff

Rif.: "Unable to connect to the network."

MabsterB wrote:

Do you happen to have verizon and the westell 7500 router?  there were issues with that combo that never got resolved: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/ModNation-Racers-Online/westell-7500-verizon-connection-probl...

I also remember a weird fix way back in the day that if you set your PS3 date and time settings to "set via Internet" it would solve some peoples connectivity issues.

No mab this is a widespread problem that many people are getting, strangely though I don't know anyone from america who has got it... coincidence?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13 (207 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Well I resolved the problem last night with Sony's customer support. If you have the downloadable version of ModNation, all you have to do is go to it and delete it. Then go up to the Game Data Utility and delete all content you have for it. Then put your PS3 into Safe Mode by powering your PS3 off, then holding down the power button. You'll hear a beep, then a second beep, then it will power off. Then hold down the power button again and you'll hear a beep, then a second beep, then a double beep I think and then you can release the power button. When you are in safe mode, select Restore File System. Apparently something was corrupt inside my PS3. This fixed it. After doing that, just download and install the game again and it should be fixed.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13 (194 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

MarcusMaximus06 wrote:

Well I resolved the problem last night with Sony's customer support.

Glad you got it fixed, I guess Sony customer support is helpful every once in a while.

mini_schnauzer67 wrote:

No mab this is a widespread problem....

I'm aware, hope you EU's get stuff sorted out soon.  Now is not the time to alienate players.

MabsterB Gamer Card
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13 (162 Views)
0 Kudos