Level 2

Re: unable to connect to server?

C_WILSON THE WHOLE NETWORK IS DOWN AND IT MAY TAKE UP TO 2 DAYS BEFORE THEY GETTING RUNNING AGAIN DUDE . . .

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 40 (363 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I can't log in either to the PSN period, but if it's down for maintenance, I guess i'll just have to go along with it...

John31269
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 40 (359 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

ANONYMOUS ATTACKS PSN, READ ALL ABOUT IT! (can only communicate like this due to javascript error)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 40 (332 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: ANONYMOUS ATTACKS PSN, READ ALL ABOUT IT! (can only communicate like this due to javascript erro

Is that what happened? Why did the attack PSN?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 40 (310 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: scratch that, meant Sony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fd2lq83j5Q

Thanatos, your javascript error must be making news get to you slowly.  That vid, and the whole Anonymous thing, was from weeks ago and was the cause for the psn troubles back then.  There is no info that says this is the cause for Sony's  maintenance issues they are having currently.

Maybe it's them, maybe it isn't, but posting a video from weeks ago isn't really helping anybody....

Thanks for the info though, maybe it's news to somebody else that is that out of touch.

MabsterB Gamer Card
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 40 (286 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

And right as i was about to get to Level 30 :smileysad: Cmon Sony! GET IT FIXED! SOON!

Spitking
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 40 (248 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I heard that an update with Steam messed but and they had to shut down the whole network.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 40 (236 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

jedicam10 wrote:
I heard that an update with Steam messed but and they had to shut down the whole network.

Nope, apparently the issue is with the servers in Japan. My guess is seeing as since the earthquake disaster PSN has been deteriorating something got messed up that has slowly gotten worse and now Sony are attempting to fix it. Still, bit frustrating that Sony are so laboured when it comes to news and updates on the situation, but thankfully I have other plans this weekend so it's not annoying me as much as it would have otherwise.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 40 (232 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Actually let me put your rumours to rest:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/22/update-on-playstation-network-qriocity-services/

The hacker group anonymous has already made a statement that it is not them on the system, but can you really trust a hacker group? Still, if it's not anon then who is the "intruders"?

Perish_song
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 40 (214 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Just read the most recent post of the PlayStation Blog and it says,  "Though this task is time-consuming, we decided it was worth the time necessary to provide the system with additional security." So results can vary now, either it's going to take longer than expected, which hopefully doesn't happen, or it'll be fixed in no time.

John31269
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 40 (201 Views)
0 Kudos