11 Aug 2011
Playstation Staff

ModNation Player Profile: IndustrialSavior

8 Replies 958 Views Created 11-08-2011

logo.jpgModNation Player Profile: IndustrialSavior

What inspires you?
Inspiration can come from a lot of different sources. If you play this game enough, you start to think and look at things differently. You'll watch a movie or look at a picture in a magazine and think... (Hmm, that would be kind of cool if that were a race track, I wonder if i could make that in modnation?) Or playing someone else's track and seeing how someone else took the same props, but used them in a way you'd never have even thought of.

Who are your favorite creators and creations? (Tracks, Mods, Karts)
MagicalHamster is always thinking outside the box when it comes to making tracks, She's also done quite a few familiar Mods from older games I used to play. Puppethand666 has shared quite a bit of information about making detailed tracks. There's someone who plans everything down to the smallest detail when creating. Some of the first tracks that inspired me to try and make better tracks were the creations made by IvoYardovich. His tracks were always very detailed, and well tested.secondary.png

What are your favorite creations? (Tracks, Mods, Karts)
The track " Battle at Port Duisburg" - by Prob_alex really blew me away. That's some nice detail, and a well constructed ship! "M.A-b" - by HamasakiAyumi was another track that i thought was really impressive. Complex and fun. Really nice work. "Jebediah City" by athiestsw.  Great idea for a track, very scenic and fun.

What is your creating process strong point?
Visualization. It's easy for me to see the entire layout of what I'm planning in my head, but sometimes it's also fun to just start building and see where you end up.

What have you learned most from other creators?
There's almost always a way to make just about anything you can imagine, and there's always more than one way to make it...

What advice would you give to newer ModNation creators?
Patience. I think the more you get used to the editors, the more rewarding the game becomes. Once you are familiarized with the capabilities, and the limitations, you are able to plan out what you are working on much more accurately.

Other Interests?
Graphic design, and Flash programming/animation. When I'm not working on a new track, (Or when my wife is using the  T.V.) I spend a good amount of spare time working on making Flash games. Since it's a solo project, this includes Drawings, animation, scripting, and even writing music. (A lot goes in to making a game, so it can be rather time consuming) My current project is a side scrolling RPG, and of course, designing the levels is always my favorite part!

Acceleration or Speed? / Drift or Handling?
I like having more acceleration cuz I'm often getting hit with stuff cuz i've used up all my boost... or taking my turns too sharp. I also like having the handling up, but still drifting constantly, so I can have the best of both.

H
preview_i2mage.pngot Wheels or Matchbox?
I think I had mostly matchbox, But it didn't matter which one... The more cars the better. I remember how heavy my collection got. (It was a lot of die cast metal).Actually I think I prefer matchbox mainly because there were a lot more traditional vehichles. It made more sense when i was making little towns, to have parking lots with vans, trucks, and a couple snazzy sportscars here and there. Hot wheels usually had a lot of crazy cars shaped like dragons and stuff, so it looked kind of wierd in my cities... And again... I'd spend more time building the city than actually playing with them~

What type of tracks do you like to race? (scenic, drift, fast, silly, race-oriented, etc)

I'm always a fan of the scenic tracks, although, I've got a DNF a few times because I can't help to stop and check out the detail of the track.

Your theme idea for a creation contest?
Hmmm... Futuristic theme? Metallic ground brushes, giant glass dome props, ...Spaceships? Possibly a way to make the blue sky look black? Always thought a late night race would be pretty nifty, or it could look like it's in outer space~

Do you "see" track ideas when you travel?

It's hard not to think about what has the potential to be a nice track, especially when taking a road trip somewhere you haven't been.

preview_image.pngBiff or Gary?
Gary. I always root for the underdog. I'm sure Gary would be a lot easier to get along with.

What is your favorite creation  theme and why?

Alpine. The green grass is really nice for creating. Some of the prettiest tracks come from this theme because it makes the landscape around your track (Or massive castle) that much more appealing. I love all the themes, but If I had to choose one, it'd be alpine

What is your favorite UFG track and why?

Breakwater. That track usually makes for a good race. It's well balanced, and a bit challenging if you are new to the game.

What is your TOP TIP in your chosen field of creation? (mod/kart/track)

"Breadcrumbs can go a much longer way"... When you're making an area of track thats very wide (Like a golf course, or a field), Breadcrumb limitations aren't based on how much area they cover, but how many individual breadcrumb paths you have on your track. So in other words, if you're worried about running out, try to cover as much ground as possible with each breadcrumb path,.. It should also be noted, that crossing over your track, (When the arrow turns green), it doesn't have to end. (It does have to end on a green arrow), but you can go from the right side of your track, to the left side, all using the same breadcrumb path~

Favorite weapon?

Level 1 missile. Simple, but fun.

Favorite race type (action / pure / time trial/ online)
I can usually easily find a casual game room to join with my friends. There are a lot of cool people in ModNation.

Additional comments for player profile:
I'm absolutely addicted to the track editor, because it reminds me of when I was a kid, digging roads in the dirt, or dumping out a huge box of legos.

http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/IndustrialSavior

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (958 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: ModNation Player Profile: IndustrialSavior

Congrats IS!!  Nice profile!

Patrickjames777
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (939 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Congrats on the profile, man!   :Music:\m/

---John31269---

P.S. - I look at your tracks in the track studio and I must say, you have a way of using breadcrumbs! Brilliant work! Keep it up!

John31269
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (918 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Congrats!

Looking forward to checking out your tracks!

Linkueininja
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (909 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Congratumalations.

Dr_diabolical
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (895 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Congrats on the profile Indus, very nice read!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (888 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Congratulations on the profile interesting to read
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (875 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

awesome. and his tracks are equally as awesome.

Perish_song
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (510 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

This is my favourite profile so far, great work Indus!

We agree on so much, for example:

lvl 1 missile is the best weapon,

getting inspiration everywhere,

Breakwater as our favourite track,

love using breadcrums

and we both prefer Gary lol (but me only because of the final cutscene in the story mode! That was so funny!!!).

By the way, if you want, I could write music for your flash games! I've always liked music and writing music for fun (I also play saxophone, but more classical than jazz). I like up-beat classical music, so I hope that would be ok!

I may not be the best track creator ever, but with the help from your feedback I can become better! Just download my best tracks (see below) and then follow the links below to leave your feedback. All constructive feedback is greatly appreciated!
Rally Resort - Canopy Ride - The Snake's Lair v2 - Schneevil Rally

Really random quote (try not to laugh at the randomness lol!):
lakabo wrote: I know what you smell like in real life. mark
Mark (ModNationSD) replied: que?
There are some posts by praise93 that I also laughed really hard at, but you need to know the context to find them funny.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (303 Views)
0 Kudos