ModNation Racers Player Profiles

02 Dec 2011
By: ModNationSD Member 1110 Posts
Level 3

ModNation Player Profile: PH1LThy31

11 Replies 464 Views Created 02-12-2011

logo.jpgPSN ID: PH1LThy31

What inspires you?

Well, just about anything, usually another creator but mostly its places I've been or the props themselves.

Who are your favorite creators and creations? (Tracks, Mods, Karts)

Tough question, there's so many! I'm not much of a Mod or Kart guy but I really am impressed with the stuff they come up with, being that I don't have much patience for both mod and kart studio. But my all-time favorite Mod creators would be Shelbot3000(Everything he makes is extremely creative & original), Dragontruemight (Bandit Nisasho), sovereign009 (artic shinobi), shadowbeast21 (Venom & Colossus), Digital_Wanderer( Primarch Enji), camelcamelcamel (Pee-wee Herman) & Nailzz( Mr. Miyagi) just to name a few. As for Kart creators I really enjoy jmg432170(1968 Chevelle ***** 396),secondary-1.png ucantbme2000 (PH1LThy31's Custom), Shelbot3000 (King Cobra's Venom), xGallowx ('57 Corvette Pro Street), HolidayIV (Slice of fried gold) & Hector985 (Ninja Assassins).  Some of my all-time favorite track creators would have to be CIV_BOSS (Forgotten Sanctuary), atheistsw (Venice), Industrial Savior (Rottimus Berg Hyhenluft), IvoYardiovich (Gravija City), prob_alex (The Ancient Future ...), Ladibackcat (Creepy Crawly Garden) & Devin93 (Maverick Mountain)Some of my more recent favorites are tadaryou (WHALE frigid land), big-village_920 (Koushien Ball Park), Corliss (Seqouia Summint Raceway) statickey_660 (Medival Castle Town).

What are your favorite creations? (Tracks, Mods, Karts)

One creation that I am most proud of would have to be my "Bay Area Day" kartBelieve it or not it was actually my first serious attempt to make a half-way decent kart. As for Mods, I think i'm terrible so I don't really try but I do like my "Apocoplyto" Mod. Tracks on the other hand, I dont really have a favorite, being that I unpublish most of them so often because I always see better ways to improve them. But that one's that do remain published I am fond of. 

What is your creating process strong point?

I'm not too sure if I even have a strong point, I would like to think of myself as having a wide range of abilities when it comes to creating. Not until recently can i say with confidence that I'm actually a more "complete" track creator. If I had to say it would be track layout & design. 

What have you learned most from other creators?

Well, being that I have worked with track creators such as CIV_BOSS, atheistsw, its2late4that & pro_alex, i feel fortunate enough to havepreview_image-1.png
learned some great tips from each of them. But using the tools & problem solving would be what I've learned most from other creators.

What advice would you give to newer ModNation creators?

Have patience & TEST your track! But one other very important thing I left out, which is, learn every tool thats is available to you, whether its in Mod, Kart or Track studio. By having the ability to use each tool properly becomes so beneficial to your creation. As for track creators I will add, use the advanced editor after paving your track to smooth it out (real elite racers love a smooth track) & don't be afraid to repave sections to accomodate props.

What have you learned most from other racers?  Still learning...

Other Interests

I love to work with my hands. By day I'm skilled craftsman so making things is very rewarding for me. But I also like to paint and draw when given the opportunuity. I visit the gym on a daily basis, so while working out I have plenty of time to think of my next track. Big time San Francisco 49ers & Giants fan! 

Acceleration or Speed? / Drift or Handling? (+2)Speed & (+2) Handling

Hot Wheels or Matchbox?  The original Hot wheels! 

What type of tracks do you like to race? (scenic, drift, fast, silly, race-oriented, etc)

Scenic tracks hold a very special place in my heart. I love fast tracks with beautiful scenery. It doesn't even need building props I can do with just rocks, plants & BARRELS! 

Do you "see" track ideas when you travel? Sometimes, but I prefer more Originality when it comes to tracks.preview_image.png

Biff or Gary? Biff for sure, gotta love a guy named "Biff"

What is your favorite creation theme and why? Alpine. Being that I love more Natural type tracks the Alpine theme works great. Its colorful, bright & the terrain gives you great options.

What is your favorite UFG track and why? UFG? whats thats...? LOL Just kidding...Imperial Gardens. I love the scenery.

What is your TOP TIP in your chosen field of creation? (mod/kart/track)

Keep it simple...one thing I've taught myself. The more tracks you create the more efficient you become which will open up more doors for you're creative process. Smooth it out. I noticed many tracks creators don't take advantage of the advanced editor, it's so powerful that track layout & design possibilities are endless.

Favorite weapon? Level 1 missile. I love shooting it from a distance and hitting them directly or by richochet. Even funnier when it richochets and blows you up!

Favorite race type (action / pure / time trial/ online) Action. pure race on ocassion.

How has your racing style evolved since you started playing? I've become more competitive, before it was just fun, now its fun but I always wanna win.

http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/PH1LThy31

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (464 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: ModNation Player Profile: PH1LThy31

You make some of the best tracks. Especially Green Acres is one of my all time favorites!  Now that I read the profile I have to try more of them :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (458 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Congrats on the profile man, you're one of the most consistent track creators in the game and I've really enjoyed working on our collaborations together, keep up the great work! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (451 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Nice PP. Congrats.
Whitef8ng
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (440 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Congrats on the profile, man!   :Music:\m/

---John31269---

P.S. -  Some of your tracks REALLY catch my attention! Japanese Tea Garden, for example!

John31269
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (431 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Congrats.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (425 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

I love your tracks (^^).

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (419 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Congrats on the Profile PH1LThy. Keep up those awesome tracks!

Maverick--07--
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (411 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Rif.: ModNation Player Profile: PH1LThy31

Ahr, ahr love your tracs, keep uo :3

Retiree.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (396 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4