28 Jul 2011
Playstation Staff

ModNation Player Profile: RADBOYROB

7 Replies 657 Views Created 28-07-2011

logo.jpgModNation Player Profile: RADBOYROB

What inspires you?
I'm inspired by the creativity of the track designer as it gives me freedom I could only dream about years ago. I always constructed things as a child, Mechano, Lego, sticks, stones anything laying around!

Who are your favorite creators and creations? (Tracks, Mods, Karts)
I like lots of creators, there is no clear winner, they are all winners, but Laidbackcat was my first inspiration to take track design to another level so he is my prefered track creator alongside Prob_Alex. It's a strong field with Argo, Bong Soldier, Saviour, Atheist, Mighty Duece, Puppethand, CIV, IVO, Meepcow, Hamster, Biver, 2late, Poppa, Octopus, Jefferzone, Dufus, etc, etc. I like them all.

What are your favorite creations? (Tracks, Mods, Karts)
Warp Drive is my top track along with Scorpion Temple as they opened a bigger dimension to track design. I love Larry the Lobster as a mod(I'm out there) and there are so many karts I cant pick one as they are all good.

What is your creating process strong point?
I believe I add an element of humour to a lot of my tracks and people seem to enjoy that, I also make sure its a smooth racer too, thats paramount for me.

What have you learned most from other creators?
I have learned from other good creators to structure the weapon distribution and not to make the shortcuts too long! Atheist alerted me to it long ago.

What advice would you give to newer ModNation creators
I offer all the assistance I can to newer creators and advise that they drive the track maker like they would drive a car, dont just turn the direction erratically and to consider the elevation as well.

Other Interests?
I am a musician, nature photographer and environmentalist and believe in one people, one planet. Save the whales.

Acceleration or Speed? / Drift or Handling?
I like a mid position as both are critical, but acceleration is my fave.

Hot Wheels or Matchbox?
Matchbox

What type of tracks do you like to race? (scenic, drift, fast, silly, race-oriented, etc)
Scenic with some eccentric aspect to the track, it has to amuse me as well as race well.

Your theme idea for a creation contest?
Fun park in any theme

Do you "see" track ideas when you travel?
I see track ideas everywhere in everything!!!!!

Biff or Gary?
Biff, BIFF dont beat around the bush, be direct

What is your favorite creation  theme and why?
Jungle because I have had a fascination with them since Tarzan, I love my Lost World 2 track to this day

secondary.png

What is your favorite UFG track and why?
I really do love them all, they all have different merits and are brilliantly  designed

What is your TOP TIP in your chosen field of creation?
Think outside the box, make your track, then dont race it with rose coloured glasses, tear it apart if its plain, and repave until it excites you, then add the props. Thas just how I do it, but I picture the whole thing first with props.

Favorite weapon?
Level one STRAIGHT SHOT, the elation you get when it hits is awesome because YOU aimed it, the Hydras are brilliant but do all the work for you, great but single rules for me.

Favorite race type (action / pure / time trial/ online)
ACTION. period.

Additional comments for player profile:
When you create a track, try to think of others racing it, not all are experts, so dont be too cruel, and mark the turns if they are dimly lit or vague as you approach them. Its fine if you know the hard turns, but many will be put off if it is too difficult at first. Make it accessible but deep enough to hold peoples interest after a few races, replay ability makes a track great.

http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/RADBOYROB/creations

Please use plain text.
2 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (657 Views)
2 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: ModNation Player Profile: RADBOYROB

Congrats!

Spitking
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (629 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Congratulations RADBOYROB :Thumbs:

Freshwick
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (614 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Congrats on the profile, man!     :Music:\m/

---John31269---

P.S.-Congrats on the Hot Lap spots you got recently and in the past!

John31269
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (608 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Great artist profile! I've always enjoyed Rob's ripper tracks and look forward to many more. If you are also a fan of RADBOYROB, then keep an eye out for his new profile, RADMANROB, where he will be publishing new tracks due to creation slot limit. Thanks for making the tracks you make, Rob!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (530 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Great profile from one of the nicest guys I've met through online gaming, Rob is a true legend! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (508 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

congrats! Rob is a good dude, one of my favorite people to race with ...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (487 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

congrats mr radboy...  nice to read the profile of 1 of the wackiest craziest 'minds' of all time.. :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (475 Views)
0 Kudos