24 Mar 2011
Playstation Staff

ModNation Player Profile: prob_alex

[ Edited ]
16 Replies 1,040 Views edited 24-03-2011

logo.jpg

This week we spotlight one of ModNation Racers’ most prolific track creators as well as one of the “geniuses” behind creating floating city tracks, skyscraper-size dinosaurs, MNR track artwork (see the Honorable Mention below) and many other unbelievable creations!

What inspires you?
I aspire to inspire others...  

Who are your favorite creators and creations? (Tracks, Mods, Karts)
My favorite creators are laidbackcat, athiestsw, Bongsoldier and its2l84that. I find their tracks interesting to look at but at the same time very fun to race.  bongsoldiers – “Another World” had me scratching my head for ages trying to figure out how he created that track!!  There are many, many more great creators out there, many of whom don’t get the recognition they deserve.

What are your favorite creations? (Tracks, Mods, Karts)

My favorite track I have created is “Battle of Port Duisburg”. I spent many hours on the design and layout making sure the two separate paths were near enough the same distance. I’m also extremely happy with mine and laidbackcats joint effort  - “A n C's - King Kong” this is on his account. It was our most brain challenging track, each of the 3 laps are different, with its own little surprise on the last lap.My favorite Mod I have created is “taz”secondary.png

What is your creating process strong point?
I’m probably the opposite to most creators.. I create my main focus point first, ie dragon in “The far east Dragon”.  Once I have created my main feature I then build the track around it, making sure to get the best view I can of what I have created.  My strong point is being able to create specific creatures or objects out of whatever I can.

What have you learned most from other creators?
I’m not really too sure on this as I personally think each creator has their own unique style. I think effort is the most important thing. Don’t publish it if it’s not the best you can do!

What advice would you give to newer ModNation creators?
Time and effort. There are over 2 million creations out there. Why would anyone be interested in yours??  MAKE THEM interested. Post everywhere and anywhere> Ask other creators questions and comment on other creations. Get your name out there. When you think your track is done, it’s not!!  Go over it again and again. Think from a first time players point of view.

Acceleration or Speed? / Drift or Handling?
Speed +2   Handling +1  (on hotlap)    
Speed +1 Handling +1   (Community race)

Hot Wheels or Matchbox?
None to be honest... I was more interested in making Lego cars when I was younger lol.

Your theme idea for a creation contest?
Alien Planet..  I think this would open a creators mind as they could literally create anything.

Do you "see" track ideas when you travel?
Yes... but my main inspiration comes from films.  I like to recreated iconic images or settings from different films.

Biff or Gary?
Biff... Reminds me of me

Additional comments for player profile:
Age – 24
Location - South Wales
Day job - Mechanic

prob_alex.png

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17 (1,040 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: ModNation Player Profile: prob_alex

Good read, although I noticed a bit shorter than my initial one, some of the questions were missing I think?

Best quote;

"I aspire to inspire others", brilliant!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17 (988 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

MMm not sure i think you just went through your anwsers a bit more thorough..  im not too good with words lol.  

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17 (983 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I loved far east dragon, even the alternate route at the beginning of the track  was as beautiful as the first dragon jump

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17 (946 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Btw, Alex, how did you set the barriers to fall on the third lap for the Independence Day track? Feel free to message me so the thread can stay on topic.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17 (943 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Congrats Alex and well deserved spotlight!  Keep up the Great Work!!   :Thumbs:

Patrickjames777
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17 (914 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

"Your theme idea for a creation contest?
Alien Planet..  I think this would open a creators mind as they could literally create anything."

I'm confused by both the question and answer here, but I have a feeling I'm not alone in that thought.

Anyway, kudos for profile of the week.

Perish_song
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17 (893 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Perish_Song wrote:

"Your theme idea for a creation contest?
Alien Planet..  I think this would open a creators mind as they could literally create anything."

I'm confused by both the question and answer here, but I have a feeling I'm not alone in that thought.

Anyway, kudos for profile of the week.

I think the question is asking for suggestions of a set 'theme' competition (i.e. make a wild west themed track) and the answer is Alex basically saying that if Alien Planet were the theme people's imaginations could go crazy because really, anything goes. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17 (870 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

An interesting read from a brilliant ambassador to the game.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17 (563 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Cheers tecnoboy.. sos perish hadnt seen your comment here... yeh the way i read it was...  it would be like the team challenge.. eg. moderator sets a theme that each creator has to create.. so my anwser was alien planet.. this would allow the players to create pretty much anything they like.. :smileyhappy:

cheers

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17 (543 Views)
0 Kudos