22 Feb 2011
Playstation Staff

Tutorial - Floating Islands

6 Replies 1,416 Views Created 22-02-2011

Hello there... this tutorial is the most advanced i have created.. hopefully giving all you creators a few ideas for more tracks!!! i hope...

anyway the effect im going for is a floating island... but using the main track to guide you. not breadcrumbs. this alows for a quicker restart once blown up. not staying on a red screen while the game figures out where to reset you.. (sometimes in a place you get stuck) 

sooo here we go...

1 first of all lay out the road you want. has to be a wooden bridge of some sort. the best to use is desert with no side fence.  notice all the wooden legs sticking down all the way to the floor...

ModNation™ Racers_28.JPG

Step 2 ...   select road style - No Reset Zone  in road styles and delete small amounts only leavin a small bit of the wooden bridge left..  If the patches of bridge left are small enough  it will remove the wooden legs from underneath...

ModNation™ Racers_29.JPG

Step 3 ... you then need your terrain to drive on.. i selected the desert temple floor part as its a large floor area. you need to set this so that the wooden bridge parts, sit just below the top of the floor... this means if you get blown up you will reset on the top of the desert floor. place this all the way along your island

ModNation™ Racers_30.JPG

Step 4 ... Select your buildings.. i have used the deset temple parts for this section of my track... note - place highest building 1st. Notice the land rises with the buildings..

ModNation™ Racers_31.JPG

Step 5 ...  To remove the raised land  sink a building (the desert temple) as low as it possibly goes under the building you want to look 'floating'... make sure your water level has been raised to full. place as many as needed to remove all the ground from underneath.

ModNation™ Racers_32.JPG

Step 6 ... Then finish off by using rocks and plants to create the effect of a large floating island!!!  That can be drivin upon and also blown up upon with no annoying resets!

ModNation™ Racers_33.JPG

Thank you for reading.. hope it helps you

ps... yes this is my new track im creating lol.

Question welcomed

Cheers prob_alex

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (1,416 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Tutorial - Floating Islands

wow cool! but i'd feel bad for using it :smileyindifferent: lol
I accidentally my post
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (1,386 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

The track looks really cool. Can't wait to play it. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (1,334 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Thankyou for the tut, will try this out at some stage (:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (1,293 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Is this track Solaria?

Also, you have been favorited.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (988 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Thanks for doing a tutorial. I found this glitch a long ago, featured in my track Modham Year 3000, but I can't know if you played my track. So I can't say you stole my idea.. 

Good tutorial. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (977 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

yes cougar this is Solaria - Sky City   hope you enjoy it..

ghik16  no i didnt get the idea from you, but i will gladly check out your track. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (941 Views)
0 Kudos