08 Feb 2013
By: RONNYNS Member 3,295 Posts
Level 9

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate's online region-locked

[ Edited ]
3 Replies 1,005 Views edited 08-02-2013
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate's online play will be region-locked, Capcom has announced.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Wii U will be running on Nintendo's servers and it remains unknown what the cause is for the region lock, but we've asked Capcom for comment and are awaiting reply.

Unfortunately, the 3DS version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate won't support online multiplayer at all - a shame as online 3DS games support cross-region play.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is due in Europe on 22nd March and in North America on 19th March. A demo is expected for both platforms on 21st February.

source:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-08-monster-hunter-3-ultimates-multiplayer-servers-will-be-...

For a franchise where multiplayer is a pretty major selling point, but also doesn't really have much of a playerbase outside Japan, you'd think they'd have it opened up as much as possible.

They're really cutting their chances of expanding into the west by letting it fall victim to the whole "hardly anyone plays online, so hardly anyone wants to play online" cycle.

Lets hope Monster Hunter 4 will be better....

----
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (1,005 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate's online region-locked

RONNYNS wrote:

For a franchise where multiplayer is a pretty major selling point, but also doesn't really have much of a playerbase outside Japan, you'd think they'd have it opened up as much as possible.

Indeed. You can't really call it 'Ultimate' if you don't have online...

Capcom really are mismanaging  the MH series so badly - especially in the West.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (993 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I read this morning that due to overwhelming fan feedback they are gonna release a patch removing the region lock on the online and allowing the transfer of the game to the wii u controller screen.

So at least they're listening. Not enough for a PS3 version but its a step in the right direction at least.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (871 Views)
Level 4

Hopefully they do because i have alot of MH friends from Japan.And it would be pretty poor if I couldn't go hunting with them on Ultimate.
Ps3 MH would be killa but i doubt it will ever be on ps4 aswell. Still hoping Vita gets a release.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (730 Views)
0 Kudos