By CaptainCortez

CaptainCortez

97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Monster Hunter Freedom "You Night!" (Sunday Fun Nights)

[ Edited ]
48 Replies 1,724 Views edited 11-04-2010

Hey guys!

So, Monster Hunter Portable 3 has been announced, and it's come to my attention that quite a few of you may not have anyone to play with, on might I say the very awesome Monster Hunter Freedom Unite!

Now, we all know that Capcom love to make hard games, and those of you familiar with the Monster Hunter series will know that solo'ing is a very hard thing to do. So, why not take this as an opportunity to take full advantage of Ad-Hoc party, and team up with both, members of the Playstation and Capcom communities (that's right, I'm setting this up on both sites, meaning more people to play with) to take out monsters, rank up, or just use it as a fun opportunity to have a great social experience with other gamers?

Don't know what Ad-Hoc Party is? NO PROBLEM!

Ad-Hoc Party allows players from all over the world to use their PS3 as a wireless server, enabling the host to set up a room for up to four players to play in, on any game which is compatible with it. There are quite a few games which allow for this, and of course, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is one of them. ;)

So, how do I go about getting this Ad-Hoc Party? Will it cost me?

Not at all. Ad-Hoc Party is a free to use program. It allows you to chat to people via a text box or headset (the choice is yours) whilst using this program to play a psp game of your choice, online.

All you really need is an internet connection and a Playstation Network account. Most of you should have this already, as you need a Playstation Network account to be able to post on this site. :p

You can find Ad-Hoc Party in the Playstation Store, and if you're having trouble searching for it, simply just use the user friendly search option, and type in the following:

"Ad-Hoc Party"

I have Ad-Hoc Party, but I can't connect my psp to it. HELP ME!

No worries. To use Ad-Hoc Party, you'll need a wired internet connection on your PS3. This is because Ad-Hoc Party needs you to connect the PSP wirelessly to the PS3, using the internet of the PS3, instead of that of your router. You don't even have to register your PSP with your PS3 to get this to work!

If you don't already have a wired connection, then it doesn't take two seconds to set one up. All you'll need is an ethernet cable connected into the back of your router and PS3, and then simply go into network settings, select wired connection, and test. It will then automatically sort itself out to a wired connection. From this point, just load up Ad-Hoc Party, create or join a room for MHFU, flick your psp Ad-Hoc switch up (located on the left hand side of your psp), go into the same numbered room on the psp game which matches up with the room number on Ad-Hoc Party, and you're in!

You should see everyone in the game with you, who're in the same room as you on Ad-Hoc Party!

If this doesn't work, then please use the Technical Help section, located here:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/bd-p/147

Event details:

I plan to run this event on Capcom and Playstation every sunday from 6pm onwards.

Whenever you'd like to play, be sure to fire up Ad-Hoc Party every sunday at 6pm. Once there, you'll find a series of rooms to play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite online. If every room is full, then just simply create a new one, but remember to make it password free!

Be sure to play nice, and I'm sure you'll all get on great!

In case you need them, my details are:

PSN: CaptainCortez

Hunter Rank: 3

Weapon Preference: Long Sword

I can solo White Monoblos and Rathians with some ease, so I can handle myself in battle, even if I'm not as high in rank as other people around.

I'm more than happy to team up with you, and the idea of this is to help each other rank up, and playing together will only further allow you to enjoy the game. ;)

Topic on the official Capcom forums:

http://capcom-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?p=672811#post672811

P.s. Yes, I drew Trenya and made the banner. :p

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution
Looks good, and quite informative.

I need to play more MHFU so I will try my best to be on for this :D
0 Kudos

Re: Monster Hunter Freedom "You Night!" (Sunday Fun Nights)

yaster's Streambadge
/16

CaptainCortez

97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CaptainCortez
Accepted Solution

Haha, yea. I thought I should make it pretty detailed, just in case not everyone knew how to set it up. I did try finding a video for it, as I saw one somewhere a while back, but it seems to have vanished.

Ah well, we'll rank each other up!

I can probably give people honey to make mega potions, as I now have a honey farm on my game. :p

Monster Hunters - I'll update with more details about the room, closer to the time. However, it will most likely be in world A. ;)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

SurrealNightmare

• Beta Tester
97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SurrealNightmare
Accepted Solution
World J, Lobby 50 is the "official" EN Playstation community lobby if you didn't already know.

Anyway, good luck with this but I don't have Monster Hunter so I won't be joining. Though you're free to join the Peace Walker fun nights... heh.
0 Kudos

/16

CaptainCortez

97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CaptainCortez
Accepted Solution

Ah ok, well if everyone's used to playing in J-50, and would prefer it, then I may as well jump the bandwagon and set it up for there.

That's for Peace Walker, I'm there. :p

It's a shame you don't have Monster Hunter, as it's a really good game. It lasts an incredible amount of time, and has a huge amount of depth put into it. Leo, a staff member over at Capcom has put over 1100 hours into it! O_O

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

ZootSuit

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ZootSuit
Accepted Solution
I'd be up for giving this a go, but I can only really get on from 2100. So, if it's still going on then, I'll be sure to drop by.
I'm Hr9 by the way.
0 Kudos

/16

CaptainCortez

97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CaptainCortez
Accepted Solution

Zootsuit - That's fine, matey. It's Monster Hunter, so I'm expecting everyone to be on it for around 4 - 5 hours anyway. That's only 3 hours after it starts, so I'm sure you'll find some of us! ;)

I've got 7 people from Capcom (including myself) wanting to play, Yaster was interested, and now you. So, there's already 9 of us. Hopefully by sunday we'll have quite a few more, as well. :D

Have a good week everyone!

0 Kudos

/16

ZootSuit

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ZootSuit
Accepted Solution
Nice one, cheers. It should be good.
0 Kudos

/16

Deej84

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Deej84
Accepted Solution

I'm totally up for this, but wont be joing you guys for a couple of weeks, Just got my replacement PS3 today so am a bit skint, but when I sort out some dollar I'll get myself an ethernet bridge or something the likes of and Join you guys. I'm one of those solo hunters as my friends all suck bulldrome balls and don't play MH. So I need me a dream team lol Like my gf says:-

"Team work makes the dream work!"

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Deej84 wrote:

...lol Like my gf says:-

"Team work makes the dream work!"

LOL does she now? Depends what your dream is I guess ;)

I'll be up for MH fun nights, although I'm away this weekend, I hope to be back in time. I'll definitely be taking my PSP away to brush up on my skills though lol

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Deej84

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Deej84
Accepted Solution

lol yeah, she does. Only because she uses that line to try and motivate her team at work. Then she started using it while we played Warhawk. She's a bit of a crack pot really lmao.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

They're the best kind ;)

If she plays Warhawk, I'm gonna reckon she's a keeper lol.

0 Kudos

/16

Deej84

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Deej84
Accepted Solution

Well, we're coming up to 3 years together so I'd say so lol annoys me when she pwns ME though, and I can't get her to play Monster Hunter for love nor money lol

0 Kudos

/16

CaptainCortez

97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CaptainCortez
Accepted Solution

Hey guys!

I hope you're all ready for some Monster Hunter fun tomorrow? If so, and you enjoy the session (how can you not? :p), be sure to invite your friends on at the same time the following week. ;)

If it gets enough interest over time, it would mean more fun for everyone, and we could all join each others gaming lounges, and have a good old banter over the headsets!

0 Kudos

/16

ZootSuit

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ZootSuit
Accepted Solution
I'm still up for this, just keep a room open for me.
0 Kudos

/16

CaptainCortez

97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CaptainCortez
Accepted Solution
J-50, guys. ;)
0 Kudos

/16

CaptainCortez

97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CaptainCortez
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the games Yaster and Zoot!

They were fun, and in the end there were 3 more guys from Capcom who wanted to play, plus as our room was full, members from there made their own room, so overall it wasn't a complete letdown. ;)

Same time next week?

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

I'll hopefully be in next week too :)

Just started farming for Monoblos S armour so I don't look like such a noob lol

0 Kudos

/16

ZootSuit

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ZootSuit
Accepted Solution
It was good Cortez and I'll be up for it next week as well.
0 Kudos

/16

CaptainCortez

97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CaptainCortez
Accepted Solution

Haha, well I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I'll see you both at 6pm next week. The lobby won't change, so we'll be in the same place every sunday! ;)

I just need to search high and low for my headset, and then we can have better co-ordination. Although, we did pretty alright between the both of us, Zoot!

When I was playing with Yaster and a few friends from Capcom, I still didn't die once. So, I'd say that was a pretty successful event for me at least. :p

0 Kudos

Re: Monster Hunter Freedom "You Night!" (Sunday Fun Nights), we

/16

Sparda2007

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Sparda2007
Accepted Solution
I can only get on monster hunter during the day from 8am-2pm and from 11:30pm-2am due to work commitments so whenever i go on i dont see many people online. if anyone is up for some daytime hunting let me know
0 Kudos

Re: Monster Hunter Freedom "You Night!" (Sunday Fun Nights), we

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel