02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Accepted Solution

Fake / Glitched Times ... Just A Small Reminder To Phenom / Evo

28 Replies 880 Views Created 20-08-2011

Just a Thread to remind Phenom and Evo (If they read this) that there are still a great deal of fake times on the Leaderboards... these Boards include the following: Time Attack Leaderboards, Hardcore Festival Event Leaderboards, Online 3 Lap Public / Private Leaderboards and Online 2 Lap Public / Private Leaderboards... just to clarify there are more glitched times than the times recorded as 0:00.00 or 0:00.01, if Evo / Phenom need any help identifying these fake times (Which is a possibility) I and I am sure the community would be more than happy to post these times on the Forums under this Thread or via PM with precise details of the track name, the track time, the players PSN name and the players choice of Vehicle.

It has gotten to the point now that I don't even care if you are worried that asking for the communities help will give you a worse reputation than you already have, I would happily and would feel proud to help you out and see the removal of these times be put into action as they do effect users a lot more than you may think ... I have seen the removal of times done before on this game and previous games in the Series such as Arctic Edge, so I know it's not a hard process... also it seems the cause of fake times has been put to an end on certain Leaderboards (Many thanks) but there is still a need for a clean up crew. Please just consider a reply and I hope you respect the support that has been offered, it would be a great contribution to the game for those of us who play competitively :)

Many thanks again... P.S - To any user that wants to use this Thread as an attack on Evo, please save your fingers and thoughts for another Thread, it is not wanted or needed here... what is needed is extra support to get Phenom and Evo's attention, linking this Thread to Phenom via PM or on PSN, youtube, twitter anything would be great! Thanks guys

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Phenom_Evolution
Accepted Solution

The root cause of this issue has not yet been determined and the issue has not been reproduced in any rounds of testing yet which makes it ever more difficult to resolve, so while investigation into this continues we will begin to clear down the erroneous entries periodically.

I'd be more than happy to accept reports of erroneous entries so that they may be looked into by the online team, but please don't post them on the forum (as per the forum rules). You can make reports to me via private message (please exclude any obvious 0:00.00's which will easily be identified by the server).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: Fake / Glitched Times ... Just A Small Reminder To Phenom / Evo

/16

Kegs11

87%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kegs11
Accepted Solution

Yes

0 Kudos

/16

kaa0skrisse

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kaa0skrisse
Accepted Solution

I would be happy to help identifying these glitched times ;)

And yes, a good thread, would be nice if the 3rd best time on some track wouldn't be the 160th best time according to your leaderboards because some people finished a 3 lap race doing only 2 laps etc. =)

/16

Motors_Mayhem

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Motors_Mayhem
Accepted Solution

Good reminder (kudos). I can vouch for this too

0 Kudos

/16

Hexin-Ex

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Hexin-Ex
Accepted Solution
Amen.

Bump.
0 Kudos

/16

lester_72_

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lester_72_
Accepted Solution
I want thank earthquaker for this very Good thread and i make The thread up :)
0 Kudos

/16

Earthquaker99

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Earthquaker99
Accepted Solution

I appreciate the support from the users of this site for this Thread!

Now if only Phenom would make an appearance, even just to clarify that this Thread has been read and understood would be a great help to see where we stand :D

0 Kudos

/16

TRAXXAS58

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TRAXXAS58
Accepted Solution

Well I was told a while back that they are 'doing everything they can' to fix the leaderboards. But they want to find out what is causing the glitches before they remove any times. I was told this... maybe 2 months ago or more.
This is exactly what I was told over twitter by an employee on 26th May "The time will be removed as part of next weeks scheduled leaderboard update."
"The time" is referring to my glitched time on Double-Decker buggy time where I got something like 46 seconds, #2 in the overall leaderboard!
The update never came that week, the time is still to this day as far as I am aware still on the leaderboard.
This is from the same person over twitter confirming a glitch "There is a glitch we're trying to resolve before removing the times." Said on 10th July.

They apparently cannot or will not remove times until this glitch has been resolved, and seeing as though no times have been removed as of yet that I am aware of, I would guess the glitch has not been fixed. Until then I guess all we can do it wait.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
ws
/16

Kegs11

87%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kegs11
Accepted Solution

TRAXXAS58 wrote:

seeing as though no times have been removed as of yet that I am aware of, I would guess the glitch has not been fixed. Until then I guess all we can do it wait.

I suppose you missed it when they cleared about 100 glitched times from the top of nearly every leaderboard recently? A lot of top times went from being in the 100s position to being in the top 20 or so.

0 Kudos

/16

TRAXXAS58

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TRAXXAS58
Accepted Solution
How recently? I haven't played MSA properly and haven't looked at any leaderboards since around Wednesday last week.
If they have removed a load of times then fine, but I do say in your quote "as of yet that I am aware of" and I said that mainly because I haven't looked at leaderboards for a while so I knew there was a possibility that they could have been removed. Thanks for letting me know that lots have been removed.
0 Kudos

ws
/16
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Phenom_Evolution
Accepted Solution

The root cause of this issue has not yet been determined and the issue has not been reproduced in any rounds of testing yet which makes it ever more difficult to resolve, so while investigation into this continues we will begin to clear down the erroneous entries periodically.

I'd be more than happy to accept reports of erroneous entries so that they may be looked into by the online team, but please don't post them on the forum (as per the forum rules). You can make reports to me via private message (please exclude any obvious 0:00.00's which will easily be identified by the server).

0 Kudos

/16

TRAXXAS58

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TRAXXAS58
Accepted Solution
Sorry to inform you but there are WAY too many fake times for people to actively send you them all. Find people like Earthquaker, lester, pepsi_generation, Angron on the leaderboards and most times above them (especially in a different vehicle class) will be fake.
But can I please ask for MY OWN time on Double-Decker with a buggy to be removed. I will send it in a PM too but I am not naming and shaming on my own time so I said it here.
0 Kudos

ws
/16

lester_72_

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lester_72_
Accepted Solution
There is another problem, time behind us are sometime glitched too for example on maul rat I'm 1st with 1'50'69 tobinator-tx Is 2nd with 1'51'20 & Pepsi is 3rd with 1'52'60 and There are a lot of glitched Time between this 3 players ...
0 Kudos

/16

Earthquaker99

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Earthquaker99
Accepted Solution

Phenom_Evolution wrote:

Thank you very much Phenom for the response!

I shall get back to you within a few days and PM you the main majority of 'Fake / Glitched' times on the Time Attack leader board and give a clear justification of how I know the time's given aren't achievable, please take a look at your inbox anytime at the start of next week (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday) 

If I may share with you my experience of two occasions a glitched time occurred for me... I was running a lap on Time Attack on the track Interstate: High Way in the Rally Car, I was coming to the final corner and as I boost exploded through the line it gave me a false, quicker time than it should have, what I believe happened was it took into account my 1st and 2nd splits but recorded my 3rd split as 0.00.00 (Hence giving me a time of only the first two splits combined) On the other occasion I was on the track (On Time Attack) Docklands: Ship Shape with the ATV, on this occasion (This was during the PSN down time so my time did not upload to the global leader board) as soon as I was about to start the lap it gave me a time of 0.00.00 from my experience this issue lies somewhere within the splits recorded during a run on Time Attack, I hope this information has come to some use in helping solve the problem, at least with the Time Attack leader boards :)

0 Kudos

/16

kaa0skrisse

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kaa0skrisse
Accepted Solution

Also would like to point out an occurrance that I've witnessed a few times. On a 3 lap race people Finish the race after only 2 laps, and the time goes into the 3 lap leaderboard (since all others were on a 3 lap race obviously). I think many of the glitched times are because of this has happened.

And quite funny bit of info on this is that some people have managed that 2 laps in almost the same times as the best drivers have done their 3 laps =) Thus making it hard to identify the correct times from the false ones. Yes I know you can tell it pretty much by the ID but still if you only take that into account you can actually take a time out of someone who really has done that fair and square if you know what I mean.

Met a player online one day that I had never heard of during all this time playing (since day 1) and he gave me a good fight for the win and got a very good time too .. so it is not so simple quaker, you can't just go on saying that this person has no chance of doing it.. granted if the vehicle is something like a big rig on ship shape then you have a good chance of it not being right ;)

0 Kudos

/16

Earthquaker99

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Earthquaker99
Accepted Solution

Yes I know what you mean krisse, my main goal for the moment is to ensure that the quickest time is 1st on the board and I find it quite simple to identify any glitched time in front of the quickest legit time :)

A few will get lost in the middle and we can only rely on a powerful detecting system to remove this in the later future, but for now community help to clear the main bulk of false runs would be a brilliant start :)

0 Kudos

/16

kaa0skrisse

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kaa0skrisse
Accepted Solution

yes totally agree with you on that quaker. I won't be doing serious time attacking until this issue is resolved though heh, how would it suck when you have done a totally legit time and it gets removed and you might not be able to do it again? I know this is not a matter for most of the players but anyway. Like I could do a quick time anywhere anyhow =) But yes, on these issues a company that makes the game really needs the players help in identifying the flaws. There's only so much "testing" can do afterall.. I think no company test their producst to the extent that is the online multiplayer community. You might have many thousands of beta testers but still you won't get a clear idea of how things go with the final product.

0 Kudos

/16
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pepsi_generation
Accepted Solution
Thank you for your reports guys. totally agree. I have bug when race is over on lap 2 in 3 lap race on 3 tracks(
And I cant deal a records on this tracks coz beat this glithed time is imposible(
In this game alot of glithes(
For examle yesterday I saw race were car go and ship shape mixed in one track)
And that's what happened with me today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8ecywCtmxw
0 Kudos

/16

vinniebarbarino

58%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
vinniebarbarino
Accepted Solution
One way that would make it easier for us to identify glitched times would be better access to the times on vip or motorstorm.com. It's too hard to identify glitched times when you only have access to them for a few seconds between races.
0 Kudos

/16

SpacestarV3

99%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SpacestarV3
Accepted Solution

Video made me lawl Pepsi. Never knew stuff like that happened. It is good though, however, that it is not Very often, and the Main problems with this game currently are the Leaderboard fake times and the Server issues.

0 Kudos

/16

Aardicus

79%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Aardicus
Accepted Solution

From another post on another forum, but I didn't feel like retyping...

I have tried to bring some Private Game times, but in investigating what they are I discovered that the leaderboards are the same for 2 and 3 lap races.  Example, I went into 3 lap private room for Mile High Club, mainly because in the 1v1 tourny I had run a good time and wanted to verify.  I ran a race, saw the leaderboards and noted my time.  I then changed it to a 2 lap race, ran a race, then looked at the leaderboard and my time was the 2 lap time. amongst the same times as the 3 laps.  I returned to 3 lap race to verify and after the race when I looked up the times, same thing.  My time on the leaderboard for the 3 lap races was my (horrible) 2 lap time.  So along with there literally being hundreds of times ahead of what might be legit times, they are all mixed together and I lost my good 3 lap time.  (which if it where ranked would be #1.)  So long winded explanation why I'll stick to reporting Ranked times.  On that note, the Private 3 lap time for Credit Crunch, listed as one of my times, isn't the fastest time for that race.  Heck my time is faster now, but that time is waaaay slow. -).

Anyway I've wasted a bunch of time getting useless private times, so I only have a few Ranked times.

Ranked Times:

Waves of Mutilation - 3 laps - 3:23.93 - Aardicus/ATV

Credit Crunch - 3 laps - 2:33.81 - SCH-WEINEFLEISCH/ATV

Mile High Club - 2 laps - 2:04.76 - Aardicus/ATV

Aces High - 2 laps - 2:03.96 - Aardicus/ATV (yes I know, only .01 sec improvement)

Falling Down - 3 laps - 3:04.50 - Aardicus/ATV

Aces High - 3 laps - 3:00.24 - Aardicus/ATV

I know how it looks, all my times, but those are the only changes that I saw.  Obviously I'll know immediately if I take a top time or improve one I already have.  But I am checking as best I can all times.  Some tracks I have no hope of seeing top times as I race ATV as often as I can. -).

BTW, am I the only one taking notes for this chart anymore?...  Earthquaker99, andrewm0304,bq7, etc etc could fill in alot of the missing times as thier at the top of most leaderboards...

It somewhat applies here...wonder if the same thing happens in Ranked, maybe some interaction between the different lap leaderboards if they are raced back to back, or if there is a disqual from someone... who knows. 

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel