19 Aug 2011
By: Earthquaker99 Member 38 Posts
Level 2
Accepted Solution

Fake / Glitched Times ... Just A Small Reminder To Phenom / Evo

28 Replies 806 Views Created 20-08-2011

Just a Thread to remind Phenom and Evo (If they read this) that there are still a great deal of fake times on the Leaderboards... these Boards include the following: Time Attack Leaderboards, Hardcore Festival Event Leaderboards, Online 3 Lap Public / Private Leaderboards and Online 2 Lap Public / Private Leaderboards... just to clarify there are more glitched times than the times recorded as 0:00.00 or 0:00.01, if Evo / Phenom need any help identifying these fake times (Which is a possibility) I and I am sure the community would be more than happy to post these times on the Forums under this Thread or via PM with precise details of the track name, the track time, the players PSN name and the players choice of Vehicle.

It has gotten to the point now that I don't even care if you are worried that asking for the communities help will give you a worse reputation than you already have, I would happily and would feel proud to help you out and see the removal of these times be put into action as they do effect users a lot more than you may think ... I have seen the removal of times done before on this game and previous games in the Series such as Arctic Edge, so I know it's not a hard process... also it seems the cause of fake times has been put to an end on certain Leaderboards (Many thanks) but there is still a need for a clean up crew. Please just consider a reply and I hope you respect the support that has been offered, it would be a great contribution to the game for those of us who play competitively :smileyhappy:

Many thanks again... P.S - To any user that wants to use this Thread as an attack on Evo, please save your fingers and thoughts for another Thread, it is not wanted or needed here... what is needed is extra support to get Phenom and Evo's attention, linking this Thread to Phenom via PM or on PSN, youtube, twitter anything would be great! Thanks guys

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (806 Views)
Level 6

Re: Fake / Glitched Times ... Just A Small Reminder To Phenom / Evo

Yes

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 29 (796 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I would be happy to help identifying these glitched times :smileywink:

And yes, a good thread, would be nice if the 3rd best time on some track wouldn't be the 160th best time according to your leaderboards because some people finished a 3 lap race doing only 2 laps etc. =)

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (772 Views)
Level 4

Good reminder (kudos). I can vouch for this too

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 29 (724 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Amen.

Bump.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 29 (703 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

I want thank earthquaker for this very Good thread and i make The thread up :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 29 (616 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

I appreciate the support from the users of this site for this Thread!

Now if only Phenom would make an appearance, even just to clarify that this Thread has been read and understood would be a great help to see where we stand :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 29 (608 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

Well I was told a while back that they are 'doing everything they can' to fix the leaderboards. But they want to find out what is causing the glitches before they remove any times. I was told this... maybe 2 months ago or more.
This is exactly what I was told over twitter by an employee on 26th May "The time will be removed as part of next weeks scheduled leaderboard update."
"The time" is referring to my glitched time on Double-Decker buggy time where I got something like 46 seconds, #2 in the overall leaderboard!
The update never came that week, the time is still to this day as far as I am aware still on the leaderboard.
This is from the same person over twitter confirming a glitch "There is a glitch we're trying to resolve before removing the times." Said on 10th July.

They apparently cannot or will not remove times until this glitch has been resolved, and seeing as though no times have been removed as of yet that I am aware of, I would guess the glitch has not been fixed. Until then I guess all we can do it wait.

ws
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 29 (602 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

TRAXXAS58 wrote:

seeing as though no times have been removed as of yet that I am aware of, I would guess the glitch has not been fixed. Until then I guess all we can do it wait.

I suppose you missed it when they cleared about 100 glitched times from the top of nearly every leaderboard recently? A lot of top times went from being in the 100s position to being in the top 20 or so.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 29 (585 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

How recently? I haven't played MSA properly and haven't looked at any leaderboards since around Wednesday last week.
If they have removed a load of times then fine, but I do say in your quote "as of yet that I am aware of" and I said that mainly because I haven't looked at leaderboards for a while so I knew there was a possibility that they could have been removed. Thanks for letting me know that lots have been removed.
ws
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 29 (573 Views)
0 Kudos