MotorStorm

MotorStorm

20 Jan 2012
By: J4tk1n5

1 Posts

Ideas for a next motorstorm..

30 Replies 1089 Views Created 20-01-2012

Hey, Motorstormers.

i had a few ideas for a motorstorm experience that i wanted to get off my chest.

A great location for motorstorm is ICELAND simply because it has everthing, deserts, jungles, mudscapes and slippery snowey locations. not to mention a raging volcano in the middle of it.

VEHICLES

id say keep all the main offroad ones ( dirt bike , atv , buggy , rally car , mudplugger , big rig , racing truck and monster truck ) because they are the founder vehicles of motorstorm ( with the exception of the mostertruck )

I'd also say scrap all those asphalt vehicles from MS:A ( mini, chopper, supercar, suuperbike and musclecar) simply because they do not fit in with the motorstorm offroad experience.

bringing back the snow machinie and snowcat back would be cool, and i know what some of you are thinking, snow machines and snowcats cant drive through non snowy areas. but they can actually but obviously not as well as the other vehicles. but they could power through mud, sand and water. have you seen snow machines go through water!!!!! if you havent, they can literally skip across the top of the water!!. i thing thhat would make motorstorm more interesting. it would scrap the concept of ( the bigger  the vehicle, the faster it can travel throuugh mud and water). it would make the game more dynamic. but  anyway enoough of the vehicle talk..!.!!.

AI

You can always improve AI, i dont know about you guys but i play quick race with 15 AI more than anything else in the game. i think the AI could be just a little more aggressive and more dynamic such as ( sometimes making a vehicle go the way it isnt supposed to go witch would create events such as, a big rig gets stuck while going down a bike route witch would destroy all bikes behind the big rig, or, a bike drives smak in the middle of the mud and gets almost bigged but  is sliding around giving big vehicles the opertunity to crush once again.)

COMBINING THE BEST OF MOTORSTORM

we all know each motorstorm has something the the other 3 motorstorms dont.

in monument vally, i really liked the texture of the mud. i also liked the suspension feel in motorstorm1 , a buggy would just fly over bumpy ground without noticing that the ground was bumpy in the first place, i also likee how a decent sized rock  would fling a compeditor through the air like it was moon gravity, ahhh those were the good times.

in pacific rift i liked the different areas you could race in, each level differed in an amaazing way. i also liked the way the devs made it so clear that i bike couldnt gun it through the mud so they ruled out the "stay high and dry" motto, or a big rig simply could not jump of ramps without getting hammered of stuck on the way down. i liked the amout of differnt chassies and bodies for each class with 3 or so different paint jobs, i thought that was pretty cool. i liked the way you could toggle player names ( even offline AI) on/off so you knew witch player rammed you into a tree so you could seek revenge in some way.

in arctic edge i liked the creativeness with the levels such as when a big rig had driven over an ice bridge it would shatter, or when a horn had been blown an avalanchhe would destroy all racers in that area. i also like how you could play each level backwards, creating a new track.

in MS:A i liked the vehicle customization but i didnt like how you had too unlock parts online. i liked the way the vehicles handeled in MS:A. thhe events in each race were a bit to much for the game i think.

well that my motorstorm fix for the day, what would you guys think of the next Motorstom being?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 31 (1,089 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Re: Ideas for a next motorstorm..

All we want is MSPR2.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 31 (1,034 Views)
Level 5

Alcaa wrote:
All we want is MSPR2.

I'd me more than happy with this.

..As long as they released some awesome pre-order limited/collectors edition shizzle.

...But regardless, Pacific Rift 2...

Follow Pacman_Ownage on Twitter...You know... because everyones doing it?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 31 (1,023 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I even have an idea for location, since people want world tour type of game.

My idea: MOON! We'll have few massive domes, under each of them there'll be different area.
There's also another reason: people would stop complaining about moon gravity. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 31 (1,010 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Credit where credit's due, Iceland is a very good idea.

I'm not a fan of lava though, was more of a decoration in MSPR, until the DLC came out where it was just really annoying.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 31 (1,007 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I could be happy with a return to Monument Valley, but perhaps only as part of it.  Or another canyon/desert region.  Snow and mountains also appeal as I haven't played Arctic Edge.

I'm not sure they'll be another MotorStorm on PS3 for a while.  I think they've done a lot with it and I also heard Evolution were working on different projects.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 31 (984 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Ideas for a next motorstorm..

1. Replace current ZX Spectrum server with one that works. Apparently Best Buy had some good deals but these have probebly gone now.

2. Introduce leaderboards that you can access. These would be good to check your times against your friends or the whole community. Could be split by vehicle.

3. Introduce rooms where you can stay in.

4. Have Games that do not disconnect.

5. Get rid of endless 'loading' screen. I think these are a flawed idea on the current game.

6. Intoduce the ability to have more than 4 races an hour. This would stop people nodding off while playing.

7. Have a searching for players time limit of less than 20 minutes. Scrap the 15 minutes 'intermission' time.

8. Have the ability to lose points rather than gain them no matter how crap you are.

9. Get rid of betting.

10. Try having similar matched vehicles - this is a really novel idea which could mean that one vehicle did not dominate every track.

11. Have cars, trucks, atvs and pluggers instead of just bikes. Sorry thats a repeat of point 10.

12. Have various tracks rather than just rubbernecking and city limits.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 31 (951 Views)
Level 2

in other words.....just hire back the guys who did MSMV and MSPR.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 31 (921 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

Things to keep from Apocalypse:

Photo Mode

• Actually, I'm impressed with this, good job Evo

Things to keep and extend upon from Apocalypse:

Vehicle Customization

• Part changes that actually do things, and not the colour of the suspension
  • Make it offline and online to unlock everything in game ,for the love of god, don't make us play online to access 70% of the games content
  • Free placement of stickers/numbers/shizzle and stuff
  • Don't release DLC that you can't edit the vehicles...

Mode Editor

• Make this a much bigger deal, I want to select my opponents, their vehicles, I want team based games, I want the AI not to boost explode when I take boost off.
  • Game modes in general - Chase was a step in the right direction, but still wasn't correct. I want to be able to make a season, of how ever many tracks I wanted, against who ever I want, in whatever vehicles I want and make the points system. This isn't just Motorstorm, this is every. SIngle. Game in the past few years has forgot to add this in, the most crucial part of a racing game in my opinion.

Collecting stuffs

• I actually like the cards, reading a bit of backstory on the characters/tracks, obviously, if this comes back, there would need to be something new

Things to ditch from Apocalypse:

Physics/Handling - Maybe it was just the transition to "The City" but my lord did it  feel awkward

Damage - Pacific Rift and Monument Valley damage was superb

Stupid explosion thing when your car is wrecked

Vehicle classes - Stick with the Pacific Rift classes, choppers, should in no way have their own category

Graphics - I know, I know, but... it was poor this time around, I blame 3D personally.

Lack of vehicle on scoreboard - I think this is just me, but when playing, I liked to see which vehicles came where at tne end of a race, they did it, but only on Chase?

The story - Don't get me wrong, I actually kind of warmed to it, but... compare that to the awesome opening cinematics of Pacific Rift...

The Soundtrack - I don't even know what happened here

Lack of bunnyhoping/ducking - I know I am pretty much alone on this one, but bunny hopping and ducking was unique, fun, and saved my life a few times.

The crumbling world - Yes, it's a fun gimick... but after 2 races on the track, it gets predictable and a nuisance. If you must add something like this (which I would like) Add it at randomly pre-determined times in a race, so one race it could happen 3 minutes in, and the leaders could be hit unawarely, or another race 17 minutes in, and no one is affected until they come around again, this how things happen in the real world...add another dimension to the game by doing it this way

Lack of video replay - I've been saying this from the start, for the love of all that is holy, please, please put a video replay in, pictures can only speak so many words, a video can tell a whole story.

Online... stuff - Betting kind of worked, but like everyone else says, there is way too much time between races, perks are not needed in this at all, let me choose my vehicle, then let me run over other smaller vehicles please.

And I think that's it...

I still like Apocalypse, don't get me wrong... It's just not the game Motorstorm should have had for the end of the world party :smileysad:

Follow Pacman_Ownage on Twitter...You know... because everyones doing it?
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 31 (914 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Personally; I think everything about MS:A is awesome. except the cutscenes of course.
I would prefer an apocalypse 2! :smileyvery-happy:
And how about africa? We've been to the american deserts, we've been to the tropical islands and that stuff, and we've been to the cities.
Africa will have mountains, swamps and jungles. THE PYRAMIDS!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 31 (901 Views)
0 Kudos