Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Is evo done adding content to apocalypse?

LucidTrip wrote:
Well thats sad the heights sounded like a cool track. But at least you told us what was up. :smileysad: Next time you talk to the guys tell them I'm a huge fan. Lol. Still though I wonder why the track was scrapped.

Moneys bro'

There is a possibility that there was a different cause, but Evo are a dedicated team, and wouldn't just stop development on something like that unless there was a strong underlying reason. And no matter how much us Lunatics may love Motorstorm, Apocalypse had a very difficult birth and has suffered greatly in the long run.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16 (235 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I don't think it was the games fault. It got pretty solid reviews. Honestly the game wasn't hyped up or marketed hardly at all. I didn't see really anything about this game on ign or in game informer untill after it was out. And I don't think I saw a commercial either. Hell I didn't know the game existed untill the psn store came back online. Had the network not gone down a lot more people with ps3's would have known the game existed during the first critical weeks of sales. The game being delayed also backfired on sony. Further crippling sales because sony was afraid of backlash about the japanese earthquake. I don't think it was a smart decision because the game flopped for no reason I doubt the japanese or whoever would even be offened by the game. Hopefully sony learned their lesson people need to want to buy the game for it to sell, and its hard to want to buy a game if you don't know about it.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16 (219 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Well they did just release a one-week only livery DLC themed on the chinese Year of the Dragon, but they have been doing that for Apocalypse for a while (time limited livery DLC), but at least even these small extras are something :smileytongue:

I do understand the reasoning behind what Sony did with delaying the game, dont want a game to be covered in bad press AND bad sales because of it. Still it is a shame this game isnt as popular as it should've been.

EDIT: I will say, the Vinyl Design of the Year of the Dragon pack is awesome, simple but superb! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16 (180 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hi Guys, wondering if anyone can help, I am going INSANE with MSA multiplayer, I'm getting booted out left right and centre, losing my winnings etc, etc.  Is it just me or is this just a baaaad online experince?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16 (133 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

It seems to be progressing into a much worse state.

Usually I could get 10+ games in an average day without problems before I, just generally got tired of the players on there.

...But in the last 3 days I've tried I haven't managed 2 games in a row without disconnecting at the end of the race and losing everything.

...I wouldn't mind, but it's locking me out of content for offline play :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16 (118 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thank you, not just me then, however, having said that I managed four and a half straight hours last night with only one interruption.  Normally it only tends to go pear shaped when the wife goes out and I have a decent amount of time to play.....

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16 (109 Views)
0 Kudos