By LucidTrip

LucidTrip

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Is evo done adding content to apocalypse?

15 Replies 327 Views Created 15-03-2012
Its weird they never even released that final card clallenge. I have been wanting them to support this like pacific rift, in that game they added fourteen tcks to a roster of 16 to start. They can't even make the last track teh
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

LucidTrip

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LucidTrip
Accepted Solution
*They cant even make the last track they promised and they only promised two. And that stupid card challenge should be out by now.
0 Kudos

Re: Is evo done adding content to apocalypse?

Beta Tester
/16

Pacman_Ownage

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pacman_Ownage
Accepted Solution

Pacific Rift made more money than Apocalypse.

It's kind of how these things work.

0 Kudos

/16

Evo_Chebe

76%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Evo_Chebe
Accepted Solution
Don't be negative.

Surely they'll give us a free Easter themed livery :P
0 Kudos

-------------------
www.youtube.com/JeronyMSPR
/16

LucidTrip

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LucidTrip
Accepted Solution
Well hopefully they give us the card at least. I'm happy with the 34 tracks we have now. But it would be really nice for one new area to spice things up. The online play is still active I get in full games all the time. I just don't want this game to die. :( Its not fair to tease us hardcore motorstom fans evolution I wanna play the heights.
0 Kudos

/16

kivi95

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kivi95
Accepted Solution
I wonder what happend to that chinatown track...
0 Kudos

/16

Motors_Mayhem

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Motors_Mayhem
Accepted Solution
On 19th Jan 2012 Kegs11 wrote:

Heh. some bad news Im afraid guys.

There are no more tracks are being released for MSA.

No joke, Im afraid the bad news is The heights just isnt coming.

The Tauromachias sound like they are almost ready, but Ive heard of a circumstance outside of Evos control, which (hopefully) means just a small wait longer.

The gold wheels? A little unsure on them, I would suppose they are coming, I havent heard nor seen any reason to suggest otherwise, as the whole of the EU doesnt have them and most US players dont either.

As for the 7th challenge pack, I would imagine it will coincide with the Tauromachia giveaway, but again havent heard solid details yet.

Kegs is a competely reliable source so it was a bummer. Yet we still have no 'solid details' from evo concerning the Tauromachia challenge. Even if it wasn't happening, I would like to know for sure sooner rather than waiting ages for something that never arrives. RC full steam ahead really as I'm getting a lack of motivation to go back to MSA at the moment.

0 Kudos

/16

LucidTrip

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LucidTrip
Accepted Solution
I saw that message on this board when I was looking for information about the heights. But how does he know this information. I don't really wanna play motorstom rc its just too different for me I want crazy tracks with cars crashing down cliffsides wreaking into each other. It has a good top down gameplay but its still just a spinoff like torchwood is to doctor who. Its just not as good.
0 Kudos

/16

Kegs11

87%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kegs11
Accepted Solution

I keep a keen eye on everything Motorstorm, not to mention keeping in the loop with some of the Evo guys themselves, and having met them a couple of times.

The Heights was confirmed to me as being scrapped before the game was released, and the cards should have been removed from the release.

There was never a Confirmed Chinatown track, that was just artwork for MSA, it was just minor speculation on how maybe a track would look.

Im unsure of the fate of the 7th pack at this moment in time, I keep hearing rumours of the Tauromachia (nothing I can share) and pretty sure the Move support has been canned.

0 Kudos

/16

LucidTrip

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LucidTrip
Accepted Solution
Well thats sad the heights sounded like a cool track. But at least you told us what was up. :( Next time you talk to the guys tell them I'm a huge fan. Lol. Still though I wonder why the track was scrapped.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Pacman_Ownage

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pacman_Ownage
Accepted Solution

LucidTrip wrote:
Well thats sad the heights sounded like a cool track. But at least you told us what was up. :( Next time you talk to the guys tell them I'm a huge fan. Lol. Still though I wonder why the track was scrapped.

Moneys bro'

There is a possibility that there was a different cause, but Evo are a dedicated team, and wouldn't just stop development on something like that unless there was a strong underlying reason. And no matter how much us Lunatics may love Motorstorm, Apocalypse had a very difficult birth and has suffered greatly in the long run.

0 Kudos

/16

LucidTrip

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LucidTrip
Accepted Solution
I don't think it was the games fault. It got pretty solid reviews. Honestly the game wasn't hyped up or marketed hardly at all. I didn't see really anything about this game on ign or in game informer untill after it was out. And I don't think I saw a commercial either. Hell I didn't know the game existed untill the psn store came back online. Had the network not gone down a lot more people with ps3's would have known the game existed during the first critical weeks of sales. The game being delayed also backfired on sony. Further crippling sales because sony was afraid of backlash about the japanese earthquake. I don't think it was a smart decision because the game flopped for no reason I doubt the japanese or whoever would even be offened by the game. Hopefully sony learned their lesson people need to want to buy the game for it to sell, and its hard to want to buy a game if you don't know about it.
0 Kudos

/16

Snake55wildcat

85%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Snake55wildcat
Accepted Solution

Well they did just release a one-week only livery DLC themed on the chinese Year of the Dragon, but they have been doing that for Apocalypse for a while (time limited livery DLC), but at least even these small extras are something :P

I do understand the reasoning behind what Sony did with delaying the game, dont want a game to be covered in bad press AND bad sales because of it. Still it is a shame this game isnt as popular as it should've been.

EDIT: I will say, the Vinyl Design of the Year of the Dragon pack is awesome, simple but superb! :D

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Cybersloth

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cybersloth
Accepted Solution

Hi Guys, wondering if anyone can help, I am going INSANE with MSA multiplayer, I'm getting booted out left right and centre, losing my winnings etc, etc.  Is it just me or is this just a baaaad online experince?

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Pacman_Ownage

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pacman_Ownage
Accepted Solution

It seems to be progressing into a much worse state.

Usually I could get 10+ games in an average day without problems before I, just generally got tired of the players on there.

...But in the last 3 days I've tried I haven't managed 2 games in a row without disconnecting at the end of the race and losing everything.

...I wouldn't mind, but it's locking me out of content for offline play :(

0 Kudos

/16

Cybersloth

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cybersloth
Accepted Solution

Thank you, not just me then, however, having said that I managed four and a half straight hours last night with only one interruption.  Normally it only tends to go pear shaped when the wife goes out and I have a decent amount of time to play.....

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel