06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Motorstorm Apocalypse:Festival Of Carnage (Community Event) Tuesday Evenings

[ Edited ]
131 Replies 4,234 Views edited 19-03-2013

A loud and dirty welcome to the Motorstorm Apocalypse Festival of Carnage!

The Festival of Carnage is a multiplayer Community Event for Motorstorm Apocalypse, featuring various events and vehicle classes. Every week, Lunatics will unite to face off in an assortment of modes which may vary from classic races, to vehicle showdowns, and even mirrored racing. Check back often for the latest on the weeks events.

The races will start every Wednesday at 8pm GMT. In order to join the event just add NumskullHelmets (Our sponsor) to your Friends List. All races will be held in a private room, so adding is a must. Rooms will open at 7.30pm, but races wont start until 8pm.

The sessions will last roughly 2 hours and you are welcome to join and leave at any time.

Betting and perks will be turned off in order to keep the room fair, and to speed things along slightly.

Mics and headsets are welcome, but a chat room will be set up for those without. Whilst Motorstorm can be a game of aggression and banter is encouraged, there will be no tolerance for offensive behaviour.

Announcements for the events will be added to the thread and posted on my twitter feed @Kegs11. Also feel free to ask any questions and send suggestions either here or through twitter. Feedback is always appreciated!

So whether you are a long time Stormer in need of a regular 4x4gasm, or a fresh faced rookie new to the series, all are welcome regardless of skill. Hope to see you there!

LABELS:

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

Deaf_Raiders

• Beta Tester
64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Deaf_Raiders
Accepted Solution

I will attend to it but I am offline at 9pm The Apprentice is too good to miss.

0 Kudos

Re: Motorstorm Apocalypse:Festival Of Carnage (Community Event) Wednesday Evening

/16

Kegs11

87%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kegs11
Accepted Solution

This week in the Festival of Carnage-

Its time for another vehicle grudge match in this weeks FoC!

This time it will be the fast and loose Muscle Cars battling it out with the light and nimble Superminis. Will quick thinking and agile manouveres help win it for the minis? Or will the muscle cars bully and brawn leave the opposition in the scrap heap?

As always, the vehicle choices are random, and this week you will get either a supermini or a muscle car.

The fun night will start at 8PM, on Wednesday 16th May, and run for around 2 hours. Racing will again be a mixture of standard races, eliminator mode, mirror mode, and mirrored eliminator.

Newcomers to the event are more than welcome, just add the PSN ID NumskullHelmets (my 2nd account) Previous attendees shouldnt need to do anything, except turn up and enjoy the mayhem!

Mics are welcome and a chat room will be open for all.

Hope to see you there!

0 Kudos

Re: Motorstorm Apocalypse:Festival Of Carnage (Community Event) Wednesday Evening

/16

Dawnrazor67

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dawnrazor67
Accepted Solution

FoC 16/05/12 highlights - This Is What We Do - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFBkyDCp0oQ

0 Kudos

Follow Dawnrazor67 on Twitter

/16

kabber

85%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kabber
Accepted Solution

hmm... no FoC tonight?

0 Kudos

I hear what you say, I just don't listen...

"Who needs a randomizer when you've got cats..."
Award Winner
/16

litterature

• Award Winner
98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
litterature
Accepted Solution

With the Playstation Plus Offer i hope you host a other event soon :D

0 Kudos

/16

TRAXXAS58

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TRAXXAS58
Accepted Solution
I do believe kegs should be able to host another event from 20th June onwards :)

ws
/16

ibex74

33%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ibex74
Accepted Solution

Me too :Thumbs:

0 Kudos

/16

Kegs11

87%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kegs11
Accepted Solution
Hi there, thanks for the kind words.

Unfortunately I have had work commitments recently which have left the Carnage on hold, but as Traxx mentioned I will be starting the FoC once more starting next week! Details will be posted soon on the nights events, hope to see you there :)
0 Kudos

/16

kabber

85%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kabber
Accepted Solution

good to know :Thumbs:
we've been waiting pationetly :BigGrin:

0 Kudos

/16

Kegs11

87%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kegs11
Accepted Solution

The Festival of Carnage is back!

Lunatics and party-goers, I am pleased to announce that as of next Wednesday, the Festival will be open for carnage and chaos once more!

As Ive noticed that a certain offer means we may have a few more players recently, Id like to introduce and re-introduce the festival with an easy going vibe to let everyone know what we are about.

On offer on the night will be the full selection of vehicles, however these are randomly chosen for you to avoid some of the pros continously using the fastest vehicles. If you`re new to the game, dont think picking your favourite vehicle all night will help, you`ll need to know the ins and outs of them all ;)

Perks also dont play a factor in these fun evenings, again in an attempt to level out the playing field, and also so those who have yet to unlock them arent left behind.

The fun night will start at 8PM, on Wednesday 20th June, and will run for around 2 hours.

Racing is a mixture of standard races, eliminator mode, mirrored racing, and mirrored eliminator.

Newcomers to the event are more than welcome, just add the PSN ID NumskullHelmets (my 2nd account) Previous attendees shouldnt need to do anything, except turn up and enjoy the mayhem!

Hope to see you there!

/16

Kegs11

87%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kegs11
Accepted Solution

This week in the Festival of Carnage-

This week its back to an off-road theme to mimic a very well known transcontinental rally.

We wont be starting in Paris, but by ATV, Rally Car, Racing Truck or Bigrig, using your vehicles strengths could see you take the chequered flag by the end of the night, albeit not in Dakar.

As always, vehicles will be random, and the choice on offer is atv, rally car, racing truck or bigrig 

The fun night will start at 8PM, on Wednesday 27th June, and will run for around 2 hours.

Racing is a mixture of standard races, eliminator mode, mirrored racing, and mirrored eliminator.

Hope to see you there!

0 Kudos

/16

NumskullHelmets

50%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NumskullHelmets
Accepted Solution

Apologies for never updating this thread, I sort of forget to come here nowadays, plus I use my phone for internet browsing now instead of a laptop, and it isnt as easy to type a decent looking block of text on a phone.

So I thought it best to update here with a few bits of information for anyone still wondering.

The Festival of Carnage (or FoC) is still going strong, and continues to run at 8PM GMT. 

The meets are now back to the original Tuesday slot, and as always we race for (about) 2 hours.

Cars for the night are pre-chosen from the 13 categories on Apocalypse. For instance tonight we will be using ATVs, Choppers and Racing Trucks. To ensure none of the pros get a constant advantage all vehicle categories are given by the games randomiser and can change per race. 

Perks and betting are removed to stop any higher level players gaining an advantage with unlocked perks and betting is removed to bypass the extra screens needed.

Anything goes in the festival, and that includes vehicular combat. Ive watched exceptionaly clean racers throw courtesy and a podium finish out the window just for a spot of revenge. What goes around can come around though, and your newfound rival may just end up with a bike one race as you laugh maniacally behind with a bigrig. Show him no mercy! ;)  

Our array of modes still includes racing & eliminators, each sometimes mirrored (and sometimes upside down ;) ) and has recently seen the addition of 1 lap sprints, that in a room of 16 people (yes, places are still filling up quickly!) can become very intense :D 

As I have said, there is still a lot of interest in this, with rooms still filling up fast. Newcomers are always more than welcome to join, but I want to thank everyone who`s ever turned up to even one of the meets for your support, and its great to hear there is still a great level of interest in this, so thanks guys! :Thumbs:

If you fancy having a few races with us, dont hesitate to send an invite to PSNID NumskullHelmets (AKA me, Kegs11) Im not always on that account so dont worry if I dont accept the invite straight away, I will accept when I next sign in.

A chatroom is always open for everyone, and most of our regular lunatics have mics. The banter and taunts flow thick and fast, although its mostly from Traxxas and its all hot air.....

So there you have it. The FoC is still going strong now even 7 months down the line. I havent always been updating here but I do give a small taster on my own Twitter account (@Kegs11) and always a small preview on the quite excellent Motorstorm Series facebook group run by the legendary Dawnrazor.

Hope to see you on the track!

/16

Raymontigue83

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Raymontigue83
Accepted Solution
I love Motorstorm, I'm no good at it but it is AWESOME!!!! Can't wait!!!
0 Kudos

/16
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheDominator2008
Accepted Solution

Sure, I'll join in.

0 Kudos

[teamcard=blue]17975737[/teamcard]
/16

TRAXXAS58

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TRAXXAS58
Accepted Solution
Haha I probably would have had a 58 win streak anyway which is what I would have wanted to stop at ;)

I'm not too bothered about my MSA stats anymore because I don't play it...

And damn! They should make it so whoever chooses fastest gets what they want :P
0 Kudos

Re: Motorstorm Apocalypse:Festival Of Carnage (Community Event) Tuesday Evenings

ws
/16

kabber

85%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kabber
Accepted Solution

heh, you can't always get what you want. facts of life.

0 Kudos

Re: Motorstorm Apocalypse:Festival Of Carnage (Community Event) Tuesday Evenings

/16

C_E_K_7_11

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
C_E_K_7_11
Accepted Solution

hahahha lol it was a link on the clanwars website. i dont check here often though. to much happeniong for me to read!

0 Kudos

/16

C_E_K_7_11

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
C_E_K_7_11
Accepted Solution

that was to trax, my last post.

0 Kudos

/16

Kegs11

87%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kegs11
Accepted Solution

Thanks once again to tonights attendees. Some brilliant racing, rivalries and laughs this week.

I know I for one am definitely going with Snakes tagline of "A rig too far" for this week XD

Did a quick "preview" of tonights event, just edited the last race into a single vid. Hopefully should be able to chain the lot into a single movie come Thursday evening (I wont get chance to look at it tomorrow)

For now, heres the link - Festival of Carnage 28/2 Preview

The link wont be live for an hour or so, its still uploading. Apologies for the dodgy tunes, Im having trouble inserting "real" music into the vid.

Will devise some more boost fuelled mayhem in the meantime, hope to see you next week!

Who knows, maybe that vertical mirror will strike.....

edit- may have been waaay too optimistic with that hour. Countryside spec broadband strikes again. Expect the link to go live sometime next month XD

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

/16

TRAXXAS58

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TRAXXAS58
Accepted Solution
I have the same problem with internet... I get an absolute max of 3mb but people in cities get upwards of 100mb! Not fair =/

But yeah it was fun, proud of my Monster Truck A Bridge Too Far eliminator win ^^
I'm actually quite good with them :) That is why I want an all Monster week :P
0 Kudos

ws
/16

Snake55wildcat

85%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Snake55wildcat
Accepted Solution

Some of THE BEST moments ive had in any game for a darn long while, absolutely fantastic stuff! :)

Im sure there are going to be many moments to be remembered from this, "Molotov Mutilator", "Maul Rats Monster Troll", "Mainline Derailment Jam" and Mudplugger riding a Supercar etc, so many to list up, its been such an amazing time and i am most certainly sure it'll continue for a long while, long live the apocalypse and long live motorstorm! :D

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel