on 16-04-2011 12:29 PM
on 16-04-2011 05:13 PM
This patch has caused problems with the save file and I wasn't fortunate enough to read so before hand that now with my old save which I had completed single player on I cannot get past the Sony Computer Entertainment presents screen!
It freezes my whole system. This is highly unfair. Any chance of a fix so I can restore my old save?
on 16-04-2011 05:26 PM
Posted the following on the us forums just a moment ago so here goes as well:
The most important thing I learned from previous Motorstorm is: make back-up copies of your save data regularly (has saved me from a lot of grief on other games too).
Since this update meddles directly with save data, I took a back-up copy just before it, and being my paranoid self, downloaded the update on my secondary PS3 just to be on the safe side (specially after seeing these problems arise with so many other people). Since that PS3 (older 40Gb fat model) didn´t have MSA on it before, progress was as follows:
- disconnected it from internet (so I could make clean install with no updates first)
- after install, replaced the save data with my own
- fired the game up to check it works okay (in the stats my level was 52, when it really is 68 – must be because level seems to be stored in the servers, partly at least)
- quit the game and connected internet again, fired up the game & downloaded all 3 updates
- it installed the updates okay, and the game started normally (checked my stats & everything was as supposed to be, level 68 & so on)
- at this point I decided to shut the game and take copies of those new save files (split into 2 by the update) so if need be I could transfer those files to my main PS3 if the update brakes that save file.
-tried to fire the game up again to see if anything was different in online play…
- … and the game freezes to "sony computer entertainment presents" logo – hard booting the console works only – nice thing I did this with this console…
- next I deleted the new ghost-save file, fired the game up and the freeze still happens – so the problem is in the save file containing user profile & progress
- next thing I tried, I deleted the game data (not save data but the other file containing the updates & such) and reinstalled the updates again – no good either, this time it hangs little earlier but doesn´t freeze completely (white big helmet & 3 part circle around it keeps spinning forever, quitting the game normal way works okay)
- last thing I tried was putting back my old back-up save & re-starting the game – no freeze & game started normally (after that save converting thing) – this time around I did something that would auto-save (changed my player-icon and did 1 multiplayer race), quit game & re-started it – now it worked okay, no freeze. Hit and miss that save converting thing I guess?
Anyways, now that I had at least one working game, I did the dreaded update to my main console too (slim version), and no trouble this time either – pure luck it seems to me…
To you who have no back-up copies, I guess you could try to send these corruptes saves to Phenom / Evolution to see if they could fix them, but I wouldn´t hold my breath for that to happen (in MS-PR that one save file corrupting bug that I had too – doing time attack on DLC tracks corrupted the save file eventually – they couldn´t do anything to those corrupted save files… good thing I had back-up copies even then.)
on 18-04-2011 02:59 AM
we have done most of us what they said '' dont turn off the system during the seperation progress and they didnt alert us to do any possible back up.
i also did it @nevervamoonstar with an old save as you say and still the same freezing ect... so no back up needed. i tried with the old and recent save file after separation to delete ghost file but stiil the same.
it freezes to "sony computer entertainment presents" logo – hard booting the console
evo do something.
on 19-04-2011 09:20 AM
Those experience the title freeze problem Phenom has asked you send the data to him - he replied on my thread earlier. http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/MotorStorm/
Hello Anonymous! Welcome to the MotorStorm Board!
For the latest news and updates on what is happening in the PlayStation community, head over to our Announcements & Events forum.
To post a message, you will need to Sign In to the Forums using your PLAYSTATION®Network Sign In ID and password. If you do not yet have a PSN account, just click here to register.
For more information on MotorStorm Apocalypse click here!
Website ©2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. [more info]