08 Mar 2012
By: kingcrowbaruk Member 15 Posts
Level 1

PS3 Game update BEWARE

23 Replies 370 Views Created 08-03-2012
Wiped everything. Thanks for testing and putting it through QA and stuff :smileysad: Only thing that has survived is leaderboard times :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24 (370 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Re: PS3 Game update BEWARE

Sorry to hear but thanks for the heads up.

Im presuming your times have all been kept but your medals have dissappeared?

Are your cars and events still unlocked, or do you need to do them again?

Also, did the update itself glitch on your PS3? Or was there any trouble installing the patch that you remember?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24 (365 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

Normal update in that it did the notification, download, game reload etc.

Medals gone and all events, cars locked as if starting from the beginning.

I only had about 15 medals to get and a minute to shave of the times to get the 40 minute trophy.

I'm kicking myself for not using the ps+ cloud saving but then again it probably would make no difference if the issue is with the game screwing up syncing with the server for cross play.

There is no way to revert an update is there? Like clearing the cache on the Xbox360.

I would probably need to delete and re-download the game and ignore the prompt to update. Then again that is a little pointless with an online leader-board/ghost based game. :xCry:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24 (363 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

Well I'm going to back up my data before I try updating :smileytongue:

Luckily I backed up my data & should be able to just get it back by copying the save back.

DETAILS!

I'm on PS3

All festival medals gone. 0/144

Events are all locked again, have to be re-unlcoked via playing & recieving medals.

All unlockable vehicles & liveries are gone.

DLC vehicles & liveries remain available.

Tutorial was not needed to be completed.

Leaderboard ranks and times seem to be intact for every event & leaderboard.

Super Car events are locked again, therefore leaderboards are not viewable and events not completable.

Wreckreaction stats are unchanged.

Playground areas are locked.

Unlocked secret cars remain usable.

I will let you know what happens when I try to copy my previous save data back.

ws
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24 (359 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

Stupid edit time expired...

I copied my backed up data onto a memory stick, copied back to my PS3 after I had completed the update & all medals etc that I explained above are still gone.

I am currently testing if I keep my medals that I earn after the update, I have completed 1 event with all 3 medals, quit the game, loaded it straight back up to reveal that my 3 earned medals are still there.

However I don't feel like completing them all again knowing that glitches are about that delete everything so I hereby retire MSRC until I am informed of a definite fix.

UPDATE -  I actually just copied the memory stick data back onto the PS3 a second time & my 3 medals that I earned after the patch are still there even though I reloaded the data from BEFORE I earned them. Weird happenings in the world of MSRC.

ws
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24 (335 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I can assure you that the update was thoroughly tested at Evolution Studios and SCE before it was released and no issues were ever encountered, hence it was approved for release and made available for download this morning. I myself downloaded it on PS3 immediately and did not experience any issues - I still have 192/192 medals.

There have been reports of issues with medal progress (and therefore the rewards earned through medals) prior to the update, which are being investigated by the MotorStorm RC team. The information you have outlined in this thread will be passed on to the team to assist this investigation, as it sounds like it's the same thing. We will look into whether or not installing the update is a factor in this, or if it's just a coincidence that it happened to you after the update.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24 (330 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I had noticed people mentioning the issue of medals not sticking in the past week but I did not have that issue prior to the update. If there is any information I can add please let me know.

I only have a PS3 so I've not been transfering to and from the PSV version.

Downloaded the PS3 trial on release day (EU).

Bought through the ingame store, then restarted the game.

Had a glitch crossing the line once on a track (Pacific Rift, 2nd last track before supercars) that lead to me having a time of 0.033 seconds.

Otherwise no other issues.

Have you added some feature to remove impossible times by any chance?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24 (326 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

@TRAXXAS58 To help us identify the cause of the problem, can you please try the following without being connected to PSN:

1. Delete your save data.

2. Restart your console (offline).

3. Re-install your backed-up save data.

4. Fire up the game (without being connected to the PSN).

...then post to let us know your medal count in the game.

@kingcrowbaruk Thank you for the additional information. Were there any interruptions or anomalies during your download/installation of the update this morning?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24 (324 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

No interuptions, just the usual start game, "an update is required" messaage, download and game re-start.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24 (315 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

I have followed the steps exactly, I am currently signed out, at the menu screen with 0/144 medals.
It somehow still knows my leaderboard rank along with all the global times too but my account shows up, not as my PSN but the name given to the profile on my PS3.
Everything else is still the same as before I followed the steps.

UPDATE - I just tried loading up the game on my American account & have still got the 3 medals that I earned when on that account. No idea if this has any relation to the error being account based, region based or maybe just total coincedence.

ws
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24 (313 Views)
0 Kudos