kingcrowbaruk

50%
02 Rank
Progress

PS3 Game update BEWARE

23 Replies 576 Views Created 08-03-2012
08 Mar 2012
By kingcrowbaruk
Wiped everything. Thanks for testing and putting it through QA and stuff :( Only thing that has survived is leaderboard times :(
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kegs11

87%
06 Rank
Progress
Kegs11
Accepted Solution

Sorry to hear but thanks for the heads up.

Im presuming your times have all been kept but your medals have dissappeared?

Are your cars and events still unlocked, or do you need to do them again?

Also, did the update itself glitch on your PS3? Or was there any trouble installing the patch that you remember?

0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Game update BEWARE

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

kingcrowbaruk

50%
02 Rank
Progress
kingcrowbaruk
Accepted Solution

Normal update in that it did the notification, download, game reload etc.

Medals gone and all events, cars locked as if starting from the beginning.

I only had about 15 medals to get and a minute to shave of the times to get the 40 minute trophy.

I'm kicking myself for not using the ps+ cloud saving but then again it probably would make no difference if the issue is with the game screwing up syncing with the server for cross play.

There is no way to revert an update is there? Like clearing the cache on the Xbox360.

I would probably need to delete and re-download the game and ignore the prompt to update. Then again that is a little pointless with an online leader-board/ghost based game. :xCry:

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TRAXXAS58

88%
05 Rank
Progress
TRAXXAS58
Accepted Solution

Well I'm going to back up my data before I try updating :P

Luckily I backed up my data & should be able to just get it back by copying the save back.

DETAILS!

I'm on PS3

All festival medals gone. 0/144

Events are all locked again, have to be re-unlcoked via playing & recieving medals.

All unlockable vehicles & liveries are gone.

DLC vehicles & liveries remain available.

Tutorial was not needed to be completed.

Leaderboard ranks and times seem to be intact for every event & leaderboard.

Super Car events are locked again, therefore leaderboards are not viewable and events not completable.

Wreckreaction stats are unchanged.

Playground areas are locked.

Unlocked secret cars remain usable.

I will let you know what happens when I try to copy my previous save data back.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
ws

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TRAXXAS58

88%
05 Rank
Progress
TRAXXAS58
Accepted Solution

Stupid edit time expired...

I copied my backed up data onto a memory stick, copied back to my PS3 after I had completed the update & all medals etc that I explained above are still gone.

I am currently testing if I keep my medals that I earn after the update, I have completed 1 event with all 3 medals, quit the game, loaded it straight back up to reveal that my 3 earned medals are still there.

However I don't feel like completing them all again knowing that glitches are about that delete everything so I hereby retire MSRC until I am informed of a definite fix.

UPDATE -  I actually just copied the memory stick data back onto the PS3 a second time & my 3 medals that I earned after the patch are still there even though I reloaded the data from BEFORE I earned them. Weird happenings in the world of MSRC.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
ws

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

kabber

85%
05 Rank
Progress
kabber
Accepted Solution

history is repeating it self again i guess:smileysad:

0 Kudos

I hear what you say, I just don't listen...

"Who needs a randomizer when you've got cats..."

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Jogort

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Jogort
Accepted Solution

I've posted in the "Motorstorm RC progress not saving :(" thread but think my issue is more suited to this topic but it's the Vita version that's wiped all medals and my 100% progress.

I'd completed it a while back and this afternoon on loading was advised of an update, so downloaded with no issues and after install and re-start of MRC I found I had no medals and all progress was lost.

All my times are still visible in each race though.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Phenom_Evolution
Accepted Solution

I can assure you that the update was thoroughly tested at Evolution Studios and SCE before it was released and no issues were ever encountered, hence it was approved for release and made available for download this morning. I myself downloaded it on PS3 immediately and did not experience any issues - I still have 192/192 medals.

There have been reports of issues with medal progress (and therefore the rewards earned through medals) prior to the update, which are being investigated by the MotorStorm RC team. The information you have outlined in this thread will be passed on to the team to assist this investigation, as it sounds like it's the same thing. We will look into whether or not installing the update is a factor in this, or if it's just a coincidence that it happened to you after the update.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

kingcrowbaruk

50%
02 Rank
Progress
kingcrowbaruk
Accepted Solution

I had noticed people mentioning the issue of medals not sticking in the past week but I did not have that issue prior to the update. If there is any information I can add please let me know.

I only have a PS3 so I've not been transfering to and from the PSV version.

Downloaded the PS3 trial on release day (EU).

Bought through the ingame store, then restarted the game.

Had a glitch crossing the line once on a track (Pacific Rift, 2nd last track before supercars) that lead to me having a time of 0.033 seconds.

Otherwise no other issues.

Have you added some feature to remove impossible times by any chance?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Phenom_Evolution
Accepted Solution

@TRAXXAS58 To help us identify the cause of the problem, can you please try the following without being connected to PSN:

1. Delete your save data.

2. Restart your console (offline).

3. Re-install your backed-up save data.

4. Fire up the game (without being connected to the PSN).

...then post to let us know your medal count in the game.

@kingcrowbaruk Thank you for the additional information. Were there any interruptions or anomalies during your download/installation of the update this morning?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

kingcrowbaruk

50%
02 Rank
Progress
kingcrowbaruk
Accepted Solution

No interuptions, just the usual start game, "an update is required" messaage, download and game re-start.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TRAXXAS58

88%
05 Rank
Progress
TRAXXAS58
Accepted Solution

I have followed the steps exactly, I am currently signed out, at the menu screen with 0/144 medals.
It somehow still knows my leaderboard rank along with all the global times too but my account shows up, not as my PSN but the name given to the profile on my PS3.
Everything else is still the same as before I followed the steps.

UPDATE - I just tried loading up the game on my American account & have still got the 3 medals that I earned when on that account. No idea if this has any relation to the error being account based, region based or maybe just total coincedence.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
ws

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Phenom_Evolution
Accepted Solution

I can confirm that it is safe to download and install the patch as the root cause of the issue reported by kingcrowbaruk and TRAXXAS58 has been discovered. It only happens under the rare circumstance that your account has recorded an erroneous time, and the issue cannot be avoided in any way.

The game update for MotorStorm RC (v1.01) has made changes to the way the game handles erroneous event times, to help prevent erroneous leaderboard times from being recorded and then posted to the leaderboards. A side-effect of these changes is that if you have an erroneous time (and only if you have an erroneous time), your Festival progress (i.e. your medals and rewards associated with medals earned) will be reset by the game at the moment that you install the update. If this happens, it will only be your Festival progress that is affected: Times, Challenges, Trophies, Stats, add-ons, etc. will not be affected and you will be able to earn and collect the medals again as you play.

The MotorStorm RC team are investigating whether or not affected profiles can have their medal count re-enstated based on leaderboard times in a future update to the game. If you are affected by this issue please contact me via the PSN messaging system to assist the investigation into this, and please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

hafa_dude

80%
02 Rank
Progress
hafa_dude
Accepted Solution

That's some pretty good debugging of the issue.  Is there any way to get an update for MSA server issues?

http://www.youtube.com/user/hafadude69

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

kingcrowbaruk

50%
02 Rank
Progress
kingcrowbaruk
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the quick update.

Do the changes mean it is now impossible to get erroneous times recorded, or is there still a chance that if they occur they will still be recorded and then medals wiped on the next boot?

Is there some kind of buffer time between finishing the lap and the time being saved/posted to the leaderboard?

I ask so that in the case that it does happen then I may have enough time to pull the plug from the system.

When I manage to unlock the race that glitches previously, will the leaderboard show the old erroneous time and therefore set me up for medal wipe again or have the old glitched times been removed. I hope it has been removed as I don't think I am going to break the 1 lap per frame barrier unless the game is running at 60fps which gives me another 0.016 seconds to try and shave off. :Stupid:

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RoseOfSharyn

92%
03 Rank
Progress
RoseOfSharyn
Accepted Solution

I suggest that all of Traxxas' times were a bit glitchy, ya know :xRolleyes:
Because, ya know, i'd totally be able to keep up with him otherwise. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TRAXXAS58

88%
05 Rank
Progress
TRAXXAS58
Accepted Solution

RoseOfSharyn wrote:

I suggest that all of Traxxas' times were a bit glitchy, ya know :xRolleyes:
Because, ya know, i'd totally be able to keep up with him otherwise. 

Haha! I only have 1 glitched time but it doesn't show up on the event leaderboard. The rest is skill ;)

0 Kudos

ws

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xx_Tooms109_xx

84%
02 Rank
Progress
xx_Tooms109_xx
Accepted Solution

Phenom_Evolution wrote:

I can confirm that it is safe to download and install the patch as the root cause of the issue reported by kingcrowbaruk and TRAXXAS58 has been discovered. It only happens under the rare circumstance that your account has recorded an erroneous time, and the issue cannot be avoided in any way.

The game update for MotorStorm RC (v1.01) has made changes to the way the game handles erroneous event times, to help prevent erroneous leaderboard times from being recorded and then posted to the leaderboards. A side-effect of these changes is that if you have an erroneous time (and only if you have an erroneous time), your Festival progress (i.e. your medals and rewards associated with medals earned) will be reset by the game at the moment that you install the update. If this happens, it will only be your Festival progress that is affected: Times, Challenges, Trophies, Stats, add-ons, etc. will not be affected and you will be able to earn and collect the medals again as you play.

The MotorStorm RC team are investigating whether or not affected profiles can have their medal count re-enstated based on leaderboard times in a future update to the game. If you are affected by this issue please contact me via the PSN messaging system to assist the investigation into this, and please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Thank god,i more or less put off playing the festival events (due to the glitched times).I was worried one of my times would glitch.

I did the update - And i got my 192nd medal tonight.And  they are all still there.

One thing i'm worried about - Is that after completing the 192nd medal.Its saying i'm pretty high in the overall leaderboards - A bit of a suprise because i thought my times were pretty weak.:smileyvery-happy:

Checked all of my times (after reading this thread) - And they all seem legit,with no glitched ones as far as i can tell.

The top player is going to be next to impossible to knock off now ...Because 1...Of his incredible times over various events...& 2..He has glitched times on his profile.

Not taking anything away from him - He's by far & away the fastest player on this game.

Its just a shame the glitched times now make it even harder for us mortals.:smileytongue:

Oh well...At least its been fixed now.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TRAXXAS58

88%
05 Rank
Progress
TRAXXAS58
Accepted Solution
tiky doesn't have any glitched times. y
You may think he does because some of the times he does are incredibly fast & seemingly impossible but he doesn't have an glitched times, he doesn't cheat, he is just a machine.
0 Kudos

ws

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xx_Tooms109_xx

84%
02 Rank
Progress
xx_Tooms109_xx
Accepted Solution

TRAXXAS58 wrote:
tiky doesn't have any glitched times. y
You may think he does because some of the times he does are incredibly fast & seemingly impossible but he doesn't have an glitched times, he doesn't cheat, he is just a machine.

Didnt accuse him of cheating - As far as i know,nobody knew why the times glitched.It just happend ...Its nobodys fault.....As i said in my post.Hes an exellent player ...Way ahead of everyone else.

Just checked the event i thought had glitched for him - My bad,its the time above him thats gltiched.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Motors_Mayhem

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Motors_Mayhem
Accepted Solution

xx_Tooms109_xx wrote:

Just checked the event i thought had glitched for him - My bad,its the time above [tiky] thats gltiched.

tbh unless the other time is microscopically ahead (ie 0.001 to 0.2 secs) it was probably a glitched time. Even then the time could still be a glitch. I think most of us could identify which other players have some sort of chance of overtaking tiky for real (and then getting overtaken, like I was lol). I haven't had any glitched times yet so fortunately the update was safe, but I would kick off if I did get one with this update and have to start afresh for medals/trophies.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel