28 Jun 2012
Playstation Staff

Pacific Rift online only until October 1st!?

20 Replies 1,164 Views Created 29-06-2012

Just read this as an announcement on the US Forum:

I always wanted to have announcements of the online status - but I thought of maintenance, not of terminating it! You can't mean it! Why my favorite game???

Ankündigung: MotorStorm® Pacific Rift Online Services

On October 1, 2012 Sony Computer Entertainment America will terminate the online service for the following PlayStation®3 software title: MotorStorm® Pacific Rift

von Trawnza (28.06.2012)
SympathieCheck this out, if you like Motorstorm Rankings
http://joban123.weebly.com
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21 (1,164 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Pacific Rift online only until October 1st!?

joban123 wrote:

Just read this as an announcement on the US Forum:

I always wanted to have announcements of the online status - but I thought of maintenance, not of terminating it! You can't mean it! Why my favorite game???

Ankündigung: MotorStorm® Pacific Rift Online Services

On October 1, 2012 Sony Computer Entertainment America will terminate the online service for the following PlayStation®3 software title: MotorStorm® Pacific Rift

von Trawnza (28.06.2012)

Hi joban123,

I can confirm that this is the case, and online play features for the titles MotorStorm: Pacific Rift and MotorStorm: Arctic Edge will be discontinued as of the 1st of October 2012.

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21 (1,106 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

wha,no,wait,huh,dauwww :smileysad:

but why.:xCry:

the only good thing i can think about is that EVO will focus more on the Apocalypse Servers :/

but unfortunetly i don't think that is gonna happen.:Stupid:

1 thing i'd like to know is if it is SONY or EVO who wants it shutdown.:Confused:

i'm losing faith in EVO / SONY :smileysad: 

I hear what you say, I just don't listen...

"Who needs a randomizer when you've got cats..."
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21 (1,081 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

What a load of *****.

If Evo/Sony no longer want to provide online access to the game then we should be able to take it over and keep it online ourselves.

How much can it cost to keep this small server going?

Having been lied to over the past month by sony support saying the game isnt coming down, I'm decidely unhappy.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21 (1,061 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

facebook/SavePacificRift

If Evo don't want to host it, maybe someone else can?

Save MSPR Online.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21 (1,055 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

ClimateChange67 schrieb:

facebook/SavePacificRift

If Evo don't want to host it, maybe someone else can?

Save MSPR Online.

I'd definitely volunteer to do that, but given the customer interaction we had in the past I don't think that will happen.

SympathieCheck this out, if you like Motorstorm Rankings
http://joban123.weebly.com
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21 (1,050 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

There's no point in trying. It happens almost always when servers are being closed. Most dedicated fans get together, cry for help and say they'll pay for servers/host it themselves. I don't think it ever worked so why should it now?

EVO cares about its games for half a year tops. I can't even play RC because of 'saving' error during the race.
We should persuade few game designing/programming/whatever students to finish their studies and go work in EVO. When they successfully infiltrate their ranks we will be in control of EVO's actions. Then and only then we can achieve something. Just imagine the possibilities: a decent game, decent server or Molotov Drago in next game.

Btw. Was american thread deleted?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21 (1,043 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

There is always a point in trying.

We have people ready willng and able to host it.

We have peopke in the States talking legal action as speed weekend is still for sale. And that requires a server for correct running.

I also think as a last resortthey could migrate it to a playstation plus only game, that way they keep getting a few $$ fromn the game.

How much does it cost to run the server now the game ghas been developed? Stuff all.

This is possible.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21 (1,031 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

its evolution that is in control of thAt! This is totally BS! i played apocolypse more a month, and its a total waste of money...

sony lost money on apocrap! this proves it!!! now im taking the price!! I love pacific rift, i got three of them!!

Its not fair that there taking the pacific rift guys out just to increase the guys on apocolypse...

stop focusing on apocolypse sony and evo. its crap. IF YOU TAKE THE SERVER DOWN, I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER MOTORSTORM GAME AGIAN, I WILL TELL EVERYONE NOT TO BUY ANY EVOLUTION STUDIOS PRODUCT FOR AS LONG AS I LIVE!!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21 (936 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Come along and join us

http://facebook.com/SavePacificRift

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21 (928 Views)
0 Kudos