96%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Patch 1.03 Freezes my system now

35 Replies 1,105 Views Created 16-04-2011

Ever since downloading the patch this morning. I cannot get past the Sony Computer Entertainment presents screen. It just hangs there and freezes my system. This didn't happen before?

I don't understand it perhaps it is the disc or maybe a fault with my system and not the game at all? Anyone had similair problems?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

jg2592

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jg2592
Accepted Solution

Yes, I've got the same problem.  The game will now not load, for me it freezes on the Motorstorm logo.

Help, any ideas anyone?

0 Kudos

Re: Patch 1.03 Freezes my system now

/16

kaa0skrisse

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kaa0skrisse
Accepted Solution

my game used to freeze alot but now it just occasionally does, and yes, on that very same part that you described is one of those places where it does it. Sometimes the music gets "laggish" and I know it's time to restart the game if I don't want to get a freeze.

All in all it is very strange that everytime they patch this game it seems that others that had problems they have gone away, and others who didn't have problems started having them.

before any patch applied, my game worked once I got into the lobby (now many people complain that they can't get in to the lobbies, the same as I had before), I could play all night as long as I stayed on that same lobby, after the first patch, the game kept freezing after the first race, or at the start of the second race (counting me games played even though I never got to play them), and now with the newest patch it's back to day one, hard to get to lobbies but once I get there things seem to go pretty smoothly (a few terminated games and back to the main menu is all), and a couple of freezes, nothing like before the patch. But now I hear other people complaining again, those who probably had less problems before the patch. ugh.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Navid

• Beta Tester
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Navid
Accepted Solution

Ran into the same issue after applying the patch the first time...  

Thankfully when I first heard the patch would be modifying your save file, and knowing Evo, I assumed something could go wrong and backed up my MSA save file before updating my game and having it modify my save-file.

Right enough, after the patch the game kept freezing on the 'Sony Computer Entertainment Presents' screen on every load-up of the game and required a reboot.  So deleted the modified patch and reloaded the backed up save I had from before the patch.

The game went though the save conversion procedure again when I launched the game and this time it actually worked.  Amazing how much trouble these patches are causing without apparently fixing anything.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
96%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution

Well that sucks because now I have to start the game over!

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Navid

• Beta Tester
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Navid
Accepted Solution

MissSouthampton wrote:

Well that sucks because now I have to start the game over!

Might be worth keeping a copy of your current save if you're far into/completed the single player, and for now mainly play the online portion of the game..?  I don't have too much faith, but maybe Evo will release a patch that fixes this freezing issue???

But yeah, it does indeed suck! :(

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
96%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution

Yeah I have the save backed up but it is after I did the patch so it's $!&%ed, how ridiculous!

0 Kudos

/16

BigDaddyGR

81%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BigDaddyGR
Accepted Solution

so this is new now? putting in danger our saves?

plz do sometthing to fix saves and that freezing in logo we cant loose our progress

i put an old save and i was from 56 lvl to 7th level  then i created a new save and i was 56 but only icons have remained.So what? i have to play this game from beginning?

0 Kudos

/16

Treliz

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Treliz
Accepted Solution

I'm glad that i'm away from my ps3 for a few weeks, it seems like some sort of networking whack-a-mole going, on, as soon as one problem is apparently solved the patch causes another one. How come on one, standardised platform there are so many problems getting it to work smoothly? People shouldn't have to change their playstyle - cashing in bet chains early in case they get disconnected due to constant problems. It shouldn't come to pass that people should essentially start again because of issues beyond their control.

MSA is so very good - if it wasn't i'm sure people would have given up well before now, however keeping the faith is getting increasingly difficult and strained.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

mgspro

• Beta Tester
95%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mgspro
Accepted Solution
You could try deleting the game data. This normally helps.
0 Kudos

Follow mgspro_ on Twitter
Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
96%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution

mgspro wrote:
You could try deleting the game data. This normally helps.

No it's not that it is the saved data. I deleted everything else before I resorted to deleting my saved data. The patch splits the ghost data from the save file which is why is messes up the saved data. Somehow it messes it up. Maybe we all have something in common which causes the issue? 

I had at least 25 ghosts as I did all the time attacks for my special events so maybe it couldn't handle it. 

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

mgspro

• Beta Tester
95%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mgspro
Accepted Solution
Ah fair enough.

I'll get this passed on to the devs now.
0 Kudos

Follow mgspro_ on Twitter
Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
96%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution

Thanks much appreciated although they probably know some people have contacted Phenom through Twitter already lol.

Maybe you could find out if we will be able to restore our old saves back though as it's frustrating having to start over again just so I can find all the cards. :)

0 Kudos

/16
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Phenom_Evolution
Accepted Solution

To help us understand this issue, we need saved data from those of you encountering the crash at the title screen.

If you have encountered this crash, please export your "User Save Data" and "Time Attack Data" via a USB device and send it to evolution(underscore)studios(at)scee(dot)net so that we are able to investigate further.

Also, if any of you have an older version of your game save (from before the update) backed-up, sending that too would be incredibly useful.

0 Kudos

/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
96%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution

OK I shall do it tonight as I have only the saved data on USB after the patch though. Thanks :)

0 Kudos

/16

BigDaddyGR

81%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BigDaddyGR
Accepted Solution

sorry i am greek i dont know good english what underscore means?

is this is the right email address?

email: evolution_studios@scee.net ???

is that ok?

i am going to send a feedback 2.

game freezes on 'Sony Copmputer entertainment presents" logo. so online as offline its has benn glithched since the 1.03 update but not corrupted.

0 Kudos

/16

tifos

88%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tifos
Accepted Solution

@bigdaddygr evolution_studios@scee.net 

0 Kudos

/16

BigDaddyGR

81%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BigDaddyGR
Accepted Solution

nice avatar tifos hehe :Stupid: ti na pw dld oti na nai.

ok i send to evo right now.

0 Kudos

/16

nerevarmoonstar

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nerevarmoonstar
Accepted Solution

Phenom_Evolution wrote:

To help us understand this issue, we need saved data from those of you encountering the crash at the title screen.

If you have encountered this crash, please export your "User Save Data" and "Time Attack Data" via a USB device and send it to evolution(underscore)studios(at)scee(dot)net so that we are able to investigate further.

Also, if any of you have an older version of your game save (from before the update) backed-up, sending that too would be incredibly useful.

I have just sent you 3 save files:

- 1 before the update

- 1 after the update (that freezes)

- 1 after the update (that works okay)

Judging by the size of those last two, freezing is caused by the fact that the freezing save file part containing profile & progress data is still as big as before the update (as if it is still containing ghost data) and the working profile save file is very small.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
96%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution

Well done @nerevarmoonstar that sounds like all the info they need. I only have the one after but I am sure there is a way they can use it and see that it freezes. 

So is it easy to find on the usb? I have never sent any saved data before so just wanna make sure I send the right thing. 

0 Kudos

/16

nerevarmoonstar

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nerevarmoonstar
Accepted Solution

MissSouthampton wrote:

So is it easy to find on the usb? I have never sent any saved data before so just wanna make sure I send the right thing. 

There will be a folder called "PS3", inside that "Savedata" and inside that your saves (if you haven´t saved any save files before to your usb-drive there should only be those 2... mine were called BCES00484 & BCES00484-GSTS - first contains your profile data and second your ghost data). Sending those 2 will be enough.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel