27 Feb 2012
By Plambey
Playstation Staff

Post Your MotorStorm RC Times - Time Attack

20 Replies 874 Views Created 27-02-2012

hi guys, so i've set up a thread in the PSVita games section, (here) but i'm thinkin it may be more suited in this section.

I'm thinkin, to keep a bit of order in it, we might post a certain lap time, and then focus on for a few, and try beat it, and if not, move on to another Time Attack and then post a screengrab of your time here and challenge others, that way we wont just have a massive influx of times from all over the place. also, i originally started this withing the Monument Valley race section but feel AI cars affect lap time conciderably so maybe we should try Time Attack. i'm open to any suggestions on how ya think we should format it. i'm gonna start it off here with a time attack on Time Attack - Grizzlys Den - Buggy

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (874 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Post Your MotorStorm RC Times - Time Attack

hmm. i guess i would like to see how people would endure 20 laps on Grizzly's Den:Evil:

you would need imense patience to complete that.
but as far as i know you can only do 20 laps in splitscreen (PS3) mode. :smileyembarrassed:

I hear what you say, I just don't listen...

"Who needs a randomizer when you've got cats..."
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21 (872 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Not many people care that much about time attack at the moment... People are more concentrated on the festival events because they are trying to get their time below 40 mins, and the ones that are passed keep trying to improve all their times against each other.
ws
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21 (868 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

TRAXXAS58 wrote:
Not many people care that much about time attack at the moment... People are more concentrated on the festival events because they are trying to get their time below 40 mins, and the ones that are passed keep trying to improve all their times against each other.

i had a feeling that'd be the case alright, TA would b neglected for the min. well hopefully when people move on to time attack they'll post their times here...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21 (865 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Must be neglected if I am 3rd on the leaderboard :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (854 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Just set this time in the festival for Apocalypse Multi-storey Mayhem 25.621

I nearly had an accident when I saw my ranking lol 

IMAG0239.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (843 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

nicely done! although you're stuck on unlucky 13 there, maybe try shave an extra few miliseconds off your time so as to b in the safe zone! :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21 (834 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

That event is very hard to get fast time on. I spent a good hour or more getting to #1 on there (Now #3), I know it took tiky an hour to beat my time & I'm not sure about Motors but I don't imagine he did it very quickly. The precision needed on all the corners to be fast is very high. Tough challenge & a decent time :smileytongue:
ws
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21 (823 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

TRAXXAS58 wrote:
That event is very hard to get fast time on. I spent a good hour or more getting to #1 on there (Now #3), I know it took tiky an hour to beat my time & I'm not sure about Motors but I don't imagine he did it very quickly.

Darn right (1-2 hours constant) - the AI doesn't always go at the same speed. I'm certain that a good handful of times my whole lap was just slightly better but the very last car to overtake was further in front, or the car before it was in a more beneficial position to overtake. Apart from that it was all about those damn slowing rumble strips on the floor. I had something like 22:768 then curbed it to 22:5 something but I liked the track (and constant rave music to keep me awake) so it wasn't a problem taking the time to try my luck on this occasion 

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21 (815 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

It's the first time I have ever got anywhere near the top of the leader board in a racing game. I was jumping round the room like a nutter

I think I might try and shave a bit off, maybe try and top your times :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21 (801 Views)
0 Kudos