Plambey

99%
08 Rank
Progress

Post Your MotorStorm RC Times - Time Attack

20 Replies 2,780 Views Created 27-02-2012
27 Feb 2012
By Plambey

hi guys, so i've set up a thread in the PSVita games section, (here) but i'm thinkin it may be more suited in this section.

I'm thinkin, to keep a bit of order in it, we might post a certain lap time, and then focus on for a few, and try beat it, and if not, move on to another Time Attack and then post a screengrab of your time here and challenge others, that way we wont just have a massive influx of times from all over the place. also, i originally started this withing the Monument Valley race section but feel AI cars affect lap time conciderably so maybe we should try Time Attack. i'm open to any suggestions on how ya think we should format it. i'm gonna start it off here with a time attack on Time Attack - Grizzlys Den - Buggy

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

kabber

85%
05 Rank
Progress
kabber
Accepted Solution

hmm. i guess i would like to see how people would endure 20 laps on Grizzly's Den:Evil:

you would need imense patience to complete that.
but as far as i know you can only do 20 laps in splitscreen (PS3) mode. :smileyembarrassed:

0 Kudos

Re: Post Your MotorStorm RC Times - Time Attack

I hear what you say, I just don't listen...

"Who needs a randomizer when you've got cats..."

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TRAXXAS58

88%
05 Rank
Progress
TRAXXAS58
Accepted Solution
Not many people care that much about time attack at the moment... People are more concentrated on the festival events because they are trying to get their time below 40 mins, and the ones that are passed keep trying to improve all their times against each other.
0 Kudos

ws

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Plambey

99%
08 Rank
Progress
Plambey
Accepted Solution

TRAXXAS58 wrote:
Not many people care that much about time attack at the moment... People are more concentrated on the festival events because they are trying to get their time below 40 mins, and the ones that are passed keep trying to improve all their times against each other.

i had a feeling that'd be the case alright, TA would b neglected for the min. well hopefully when people move on to time attack they'll post their times here...

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TalllPaul

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution
Must be neglected if I am 3rd on the leaderboard :D

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bible-man

98%
05 Rank
Progress
bible-man
Accepted Solution

Just set this time in the festival for Apocalypse Multi-storey Mayhem 25.621

I nearly had an accident when I saw my ranking lol 

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Plambey

99%
08 Rank
Progress
Plambey
Accepted Solution
nicely done! although you're stuck on unlucky 13 there, maybe try shave an extra few miliseconds off your time so as to b in the safe zone! :P
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TRAXXAS58

88%
05 Rank
Progress
TRAXXAS58
Accepted Solution
That event is very hard to get fast time on. I spent a good hour or more getting to #1 on there (Now #3), I know it took tiky an hour to beat my time & I'm not sure about Motors but I don't imagine he did it very quickly. The precision needed on all the corners to be fast is very high. Tough challenge & a decent time :P
0 Kudos

ws

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Motors_Mayhem

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Motors_Mayhem
Accepted Solution

TRAXXAS58 wrote:
That event is very hard to get fast time on. I spent a good hour or more getting to #1 on there (Now #3), I know it took tiky an hour to beat my time & I'm not sure about Motors but I don't imagine he did it very quickly.

Darn right (1-2 hours constant) - the AI doesn't always go at the same speed. I'm certain that a good handful of times my whole lap was just slightly better but the very last car to overtake was further in front, or the car before it was in a more beneficial position to overtake. Apart from that it was all about those damn slowing rumble strips on the floor. I had something like 22:768 then curbed it to 22:5 something but I liked the track (and constant rave music to keep me awake) so it wasn't a problem taking the time to try my luck on this occasion 

:)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bible-man

98%
05 Rank
Progress
bible-man
Accepted Solution

It's the first time I have ever got anywhere near the top of the leader board in a racing game. I was jumping round the room like a nutter

I think I might try and shave a bit off, maybe try and top your times :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bible-man

98%
05 Rank
Progress
bible-man
Accepted Solution
Just set a time of......

24.420 putting me joint 4th!!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Motors_Mayhem

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Motors_Mayhem
Accepted Solution

bible-man wrote:
Just set a time of......

24.420 putting me joint 4th!!

That's a very fast time there. There's a big leap between 24 secs and 22 secs but it's perfectly possible to shave that time off with a very little change in driving. Jostling up at the top it's very hard to improve dramatically. I did get a screenshot when I was 1st place for around 2 days though, which is nice enough for me as I would never keep it whilst tiky's still posting new times. Sorry this isn't time attack btw.

Note that I know this is not up to date if you haven't read the rest of my post :)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TRAXXAS58

88%
05 Rank
Progress
TRAXXAS58
Accepted Solution
I love it how most of the leaderboard screenshots that are posted, I'm in them ;)

ws

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

spectre51

• Award Winner
97%
05 Rank
Progress
spectre51
Accepted Solution
Just set a time of 16:423
On Sandstorm with the supercar.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xx_Tooms109_xx

84%
02 Rank
Progress
xx_Tooms109_xx
Accepted Solution

Currently in the top ten with every car on the very 1st track (cant remember the name of it).2nd with rally car.

Also , currently number 1 with 2 cars on pacific drift track.

(times not done with toom109 account)

Havent really had the time to seriously have a go at the times yet ..On events or time attack.

Will hammer it when i get time though - I love time attack in games.

Currently hold over 100 records - Probably because hardly anybody plays these PSN games.:smileytongue:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TRAXXAS58

88%
05 Rank
Progress
TRAXXAS58
Accepted Solution
In my opinion the TA is very underused & kind of ignored on RC. I haven't done a single track ever. Most people concentrate on the festival times because of the cool way they did the leaderboards for that. I know I have. Most of the TA times shouldn't be hard to get good time. I'm not saying your times are bad, I'm just saying that not many people have done them properly.
0 Kudos

ws

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xx_Tooms109_xx

84%
02 Rank
Progress
xx_Tooms109_xx
Accepted Solution

TRAXXAS58 wrote:
In my opinion the TA is very underused & kind of ignored on RC. I haven't done a single track ever. Most people concentrate on the festival times because of the cool way they did the leaderboards for that. I know I have. Most of the TA times shouldn't be hard to get good time. I'm not saying your times are bad, I'm just saying that not many people have done them properly.

I agree mate.My times arent great - Ive probably only had a few attempts at each track.

But ive been put off by the festival times - Because so many of them have glitched.I've sort if lost interest at the moment (i'm hoping for a fix)

The very 1st event for example - The top 3 or 4 times have glitched.

Its clear to see when you look at the ghosts - They only do 2 or 3 laps.This event is 4 laps ....Making it impossible to compete.

This has happend on many events ...Its not as obvious as the 1 or 2 seconds glitch.But its just a damaging (to the scoreboards).

It needs a patch really.

PS ....Ive noticed a few people in this thread on the scoreboards - Some of the times are brilliant.

Congrats.:smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TRAXXAS58

88%
05 Rank
Progress
TRAXXAS58
Accepted Solution
Why do the few glitched time put you off the festival completely? I don't understand that. You know they are glitched, you know you should be 4 places higher, everyone else knows it too so I don't see why it would put you off.
0 Kudos

ws

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xx_Tooms109_xx

84%
02 Rank
Progress
xx_Tooms109_xx
Accepted Solution

TRAXXAS58 wrote:
Why do the few glitched time put you off the festival completely? I don't understand that. You know they are glitched, you know you should be 4 places higher, everyone else knows it too so I don't see why it would put you off.

Because,if the problem is not fixed ,it will spread to other events.And if people figure out why its glitching - It will get exploited.

Or even worse.my profile ghosts & friends - I'm not bothered about getting top spot (i'm way off the pace).But i can see the issue only getting worse in the future without a patch ...And even then,the scoreboads & ghosts will probably be glitched beyond repair......Not bothered about other peoples times,its if my times/ghost glitch that worries me.....It would make my personal best times impossible to beat...Making that track/event redundent for me.

Its not just motorstorm RC that effects me in this way - On other games where the scores are glitched i tend to lose interest very quickly.

Its fustrating - Because another great hi-score/time attack fest - MERCURY HG - Has hundreds of leaderboards & ghosts & they are all glitch free.

But hey,its only a £5 game - So i wasnt expecting the earth.Then again,so is Mercury HG.(brilliant game by the way - highly recommended)

I will still play it,because its a brilliant little game - But i probably wont invest as much time as i would have done.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bambaroo

88%
02 Rank
Progress
bambaroo
Accepted Solution
Just realised that this thread wasn't floated. It is now :)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Plambey

99%
08 Rank
Progress
Plambey
Accepted Solution
so with ProAM being released, have any of you managed to secure a copy?! if so, lets get some TA times posted and see how you fair on the new tracks!
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel