15 Mar 2011
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff

Regarding the Release of MotorStorm Apocalypse

[ Edited ]
205 Replies 2,929 Views edited 15-03-2011

Regarding the Release of MotorStorm Apocalypse

Hello all,

Many of you have been commenting this morning on the delayed release of MotorStorm Apocalyspe. I can confirm that the game has been delayed in the UK. Here is a statement from SCEE with an additional statement from SCE UK:

SCEE  Wrote:

We are shocked and saddened to see the impact of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan and our thoughts are with all those affected, including our colleagues within the Sony family, living and working throughout Japan. 

We are very conscious of the parallels between these events and the underlying theme in Motorstorm and are doing everything we can to be as sensitive as possible to the situation.  Although the game itself is already in distribution, we are ceasing any further shipments and removing as much of the marketing materials as possible and where possible we will postpone the release..

SCE UK Wrote:

Although we have shipped the game into the channel last week, given that we are able to do so, we have chosen to postpone the launch in the UK. In the meantime we will continue to monitor the situation very closely.

Currently, we do not have a confirmed release date for you. As soon as this becomes clear, I will let you know.

Please note that some territories across Europe have been unable to delay the release of the game, so there may be copies in circulation.

Thanks for your understanding,

MusterBuster

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 206 (2,929 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Regarding the Release of MotorStorm Apocalypse

Totally understandable. Maybe Sony should push it back until May/June? Give it room from this terrible disaster in Japan.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 206 (2,887 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Wouldn't of expected anything less. TBF

Amen to all those people who have lost their lives, and to everyone effected :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 206 (2,844 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

i preordered it last week then i kind of cancelled my preorder because of this.

I understand the situation.

Thank you for letting us know

Subscribe to me on YouTube
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 206 (2,822 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Erm.... according to play.com, they have all ready posted this out to me. Had the email at 9.00am this morning to say it had gone out. I've just checked my account and stills says its gone.

If I do recieve this, is it going to be unplayable online???

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 206 (2,817 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

in short words probaly yes
Raptr Forum Signature
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 206 (2,799 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

l fully support this, MB.  It's the only possible decision given the situation in Japan and the fact postponement is still an option available.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 206 (2,789 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

JokerRob wrote:

Erm.... according to play.com, they have all ready posted this out to me. Had the email at 9.00am this morning to say it had gone out. I've just checked my account and stills says its gone.

If I do recieve this, is it going to be unplayable online???

The game will work fine when you get it :smileyhappy:

MB

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 206 (2,771 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

While initially I agreed with Sony that delaying the game was the right thing to do, the more I think about it the more I think it may have been a mistake. If the game is released on Friday I believe it is more likely to be seen as an unfortunate coincidence than if it was to be released in a few weeks, where I believe it is more likely to be seen as 'cashing In' on the situation despite that being nonsense. Seems like Sony are in an unfortunate lose-lose position.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 206 (2,727 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Sorry are you stupid? In Germany is going to be release even on amazon.de but in the UK not? How dumb and unfair is that? Just release the game everywhere. No one in Japan gives a crap if people play a harmless racing game.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 206 (2,719 Views)
0 Kudos