Progress

Regarding the Release of MotorStorm Apocalypse

[ Edited ]
205 Replies 3,085 Views edited 15-03-2011
15 Mar 2011
By MusterBuster

Regarding the Release of MotorStorm Apocalypse

Hello all,

Many of you have been commenting this morning on the delayed release of MotorStorm Apocalyspe. I can confirm that the game has been delayed in the UK. Here is a statement from SCEE with an additional statement from SCE UK:

SCEE  Wrote:

We are shocked and saddened to see the impact of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan and our thoughts are with all those affected, including our colleagues within the Sony family, living and working throughout Japan. 

We are very conscious of the parallels between these events and the underlying theme in Motorstorm and are doing everything we can to be as sensitive as possible to the situation.  Although the game itself is already in distribution, we are ceasing any further shipments and removing as much of the marketing materials as possible and where possible we will postpone the release..

SCE UK Wrote:

Although we have shipped the game into the channel last week, given that we are able to do so, we have chosen to postpone the launch in the UK. In the meantime we will continue to monitor the situation very closely.

Currently, we do not have a confirmed release date for you. As soon as this becomes clear, I will let you know.

Please note that some territories across Europe have been unable to delay the release of the game, so there may be copies in circulation.

Thanks for your understanding,

MusterBuster

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Suzzopher

• Beta Tester
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Suzzopher
Accepted Solution

Totally understandable. Maybe Sony should push it back until May/June? Give it room from this terrible disaster in Japan.

0 Kudos

Re: Regarding the Release of MotorStorm Apocalypse

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
ytevo79
Accepted Solution
Wouldn't of expected anything less. TBF

Amen to all those people who have lost their lives, and to everyone effected :(
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JokerRob

60%
02 Rank
Progress
JokerRob
Accepted Solution

Erm.... according to play.com, they have all ready posted this out to me. Had the email at 9.00am this morning to say it had gone out. I've just checked my account and stills says its gone.

If I do recieve this, is it going to be unplayable online???

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

stalker1982

• Beta Tester
96%
03 Rank
Progress
stalker1982
Accepted Solution
in short words probaly yes
0 Kudos

Raptr Forum Signature

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MusterBuster

• Beta Tester
92%
09 Rank
Progress
MusterBuster
Accepted Solution

JokerRob wrote:

Erm.... according to play.com, they have all ready posted this out to me. Had the email at 9.00am this morning to say it had gone out. I've just checked my account and stills says its gone.

If I do recieve this, is it going to be unplayable online???

The game will work fine when you get it :)

MB

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Troothpaste

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Troothpaste
Accepted Solution
That's comepletely fair and understandable just hope the SCE workmates in japan are all ok
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

iWiLLsaVeU2

80%
02 Rank
Progress
iWiLLsaVeU2
Accepted Solution

lol people are so dumb

fact is until your in a situation like that you wont understand, so ofcourse most people are going to sit there and say delaying a game is dumb. But this is respectful not only delaying the game because there are events in the game that represent what happened over in Japan but also donating 300 Million yen !!! To Japan, now that's something. The game will be delayed by what...One week? Maybe two?

play GT5 and get over it..Seriously :|

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original account - iWiLLsaVeU, forgot my password to it :(

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Nuclearfish

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Nuclearfish
Accepted Solution

iWiLLsaVeU2 wrote:

But this is respectful not only delaying the game because there are events in the game that represent what happened over in Japan 

No there aren't. If anything it's the other way around - there are events in Japan representing what happens in the game. And even then it's only vague similarities.

McWopper wrote:

I was really looking forward to playing MotorStorm this week so I'm disappointed at the delay.  Also at the lack of a new date being announced.  Of course it sucks what has and is happening in Japan but I don't think anyone would've taken offense at a game being released with Earthquake based gameplay.

How long will we have to wait for it?  What if another quake hits?  Do we stop living till everything is hunky-dory everywhere?

I'm trying to say 'life goes on' without sounding cold.  Would we have stopped a game being released if it was about terrorism and we'd suffered an attack?  That would be letting terrorism win, letting it affect us.

Obviously parts of Japan are in no state to be thinking about video games and I do feel for everyone who has been affected.  And I do also realise that Sony are particularly close with the Japanese people.  But let's not go over the top on the politically correctness.

I think it's good idea to donate some of the proceeds to helping Japan recover, or perhaps get the game out and knock together some DLC artwork for the cars that advertises aid for the Earthquake recovery, money going towards the quake recovery.

Hope I haven't offended anyone with my thoughts, that was not the intention.

Very well said, particularly the part I've bolded. You can't really expect that whenever something bad happens the whole world has to stop what it's doing.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

frodouk

94%
08 Rank
Progress
frodouk
Accepted Solution
People still moaning?? Wow.

It's delayed. End of. Get over it. Move on.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Troothpaste

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Troothpaste
Accepted Solution
Im not to peeved with regards to delay but a very valid points been Raised with regards to the news if another quake happens etc what is the plan for that if its another delay then its another delay but have they thought about this wisely enough
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Funar

• Beta Tester
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Funar
Accepted Solution

l fully support this, MB.  It's the only possible decision given the situation in Japan and the fact postponement is still an option available.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PanixATK

96%
02 Rank
Progress
PanixATK
Accepted Solution

i preordered it last week then i kind of cancelled my preorder because of this.

I understand the situation.

Thank you for letting us know

0 Kudos

Subscribe to me on YouTube

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RazerPhoenix

92%
07 Rank
Progress
RazerPhoenix
Accepted Solution
While initially I agreed with Sony that delaying the game was the right thing to do, the more I think about it the more I think it may have been a mistake. If the game is released on Friday I believe it is more likely to be seen as an unfortunate coincidence than if it was to be released in a few weeks, where I believe it is more likely to be seen as 'cashing In' on the situation despite that being nonsense. Seems like Sony are in an unfortunate lose-lose position.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JesteR17011

60%
02 Rank
Progress
JesteR17011
Accepted Solution

Sorry are you stupid? In Germany is going to be release even on amazon.de but in the UK not? How dumb and unfair is that? Just release the game everywhere. No one in Japan gives a crap if people play a harmless racing game.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fenian

95%
06 Rank
Progress
fenian
Accepted Solution

awww, are the babies angry they have to wait for a game?

Just deal with it dum dums.

Right choice was made by sony.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FootieGamerUK

96%
04 Rank
Progress
FootieGamerUK
Accepted Solution
I don't wanna sound like a right so and so but I don't agree with this decision.

It's only a game. People are being killed in War every day, but CoD is still released.

I feel for the people in Japan and what has happened, but it shouldn't have affected the release of the game imo.

May have lost yourself a sale here. I'll probably be playing something else by the time it comes out.

0 Kudos

photo breaking_bad_signature_banner_by_xxdeejay-d52ik0s.png

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

boyd45

90%
05 Rank
Progress
boyd45
Accepted Solution
What a stupid thing to do, Yes what has happend is bad but like the person above, people are dieing in the war everyday and families in the UK are losing there dads and partners but yet we still had Call of Duty come out.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

atheistsw

94%
07 Rank
Progress
atheistsw
Accepted Solution

Hopefully this backlash will persuade Sony to hurry up with the re-scheduled release date ;)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

oid69

68%
02 Rank
Progress
oid69
Accepted Solution

in support of those who agree with the delay of the launch, you will be glad to hear that 

Bob Geldof has got musicians together to help raise cash for Japan , so far Muddy Waters, the drifters, wet wet wet and the beach boys, they have agreed to sing the tide is high !!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

General_Unknown

96%
06 Rank
Progress
General_Unknown
Accepted Solution

FootieGamerUK wrote:
I don't wanna sound like a right so and so but I don't agree with this decision.

It's only a game. People are being killed in War every day, but CoD is still released.

I feel for the people in Japan and what has happened, but it shouldn't have affected the release of the game imo.

May have lost yourself a sale here. I'll probably be playing something else by the time it comes out.

^This, unfortunately.  :(

Sony are aware that Homefront is being released in the UK on the same day right? I was going to buy Motorstorm, but with things as they are, I have no choice anymore, so I'm going to end up buying Homefront, which means I won't have enough to buy Mototstorm when it finally comes out.

Sweet: Still has the original Motorstorm.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel