04 Jul 2011
Playstation Staff

SYSTEM OF RANK (vote here)

[ Edited ]
14 Replies 201 Views edited 04-07-2011

I did not like the ranking system of the MSA, the rank just goes up, does not regress, and no matter whether you win or lose bets, it will always increase your rank. What will I do when I get to rank 80? Dont will be more challenging to play, and never lose my rank 80. Should be like in Pacific Rift, the rank goes UP and DOWN according to their performance. Who agrees with me?

And the soundtrack of the MSA is HORRIBLE! That same music in the lobby always drives me crazy!
EVO, please refresh the soundtrack!

www.youtube.com/user/rodrigoakiles

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15 (201 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: SYSTEM OF RANK (vote here)

Rodrigo_StOrMeR wrote:

I did not like the ranking system of the MSA, the rank just goes up, does not regress, and no matter whether you win or lose bets, it will always increase your rank. What will I do when I get to rank 80? Dont will be more challenging to play, and never lose my rank 80. Should be like in Pacific Rift, the rank goes UP and DOWN according to their performance. Who agrees with me?

Gotta admit it would be nice to have something to look forward to after lvl 80. Perhaps after people reach that top rank, then they could take part in a different series that is ranked based on how you do there. I think this could be the only way to do it, since it could be just stupid if everyone can attend those races, then there would be a lot of "boosting" to get a better rank, with your friends and noob-lobbys etc.

definitely would make the game last a lot longer if something would happen to those who reach 80. Although it kinda lasts even now, doing those medals 100% takes some time atleast. 5000 races is not something you acquire in a day or two =)

Rodrigo_StOrMeR wrote:

And the soundtrack of the MSA is HORRIBLE! That same music in the lobby always drives me crazy!
EVO, please refresh the soundtrack!

Soundtrack is amazingly good and fits perfectly IMO, but you need to make it loud and turn down those sound effects so it matches better. 5.1 system doesn't make it all bad either x) And, to top it off, you can easily turn the music down and listen to whatever you want while playing, so why would evo have to make another soundtrack when you can pick one that suits your preferences the best?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15 (187 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Listen to the music from your XMB.
Boom.
It's amazing what you can discover when you actually just try things out...

When you get to lvl.80 why not turn your hand to the time trials? They're just as addictive as the online multiplayer itself when you really get engrossed in it all

If that's not your thing, you also have the all the medals to collect. If you still have some to collect, you might have a couple of PSN trophies to work for; and even then if that's not your thing, there are always community tournaments or competitions going on, so it's never a case of having nothing to do.

Add to that the new DLC that's out every couple of weeks or so...

It's not a game that you can soon get bored with if you actually use it to its full potential rather than just treating the online multiplayer races as the 'be all and end all' of it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15 (168 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I'm sorry but i guess you are playing for fun and not only for the leveling, if I get level 80 I will keep racing because of the fun of it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15 (160 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

It does stop people from messing around and track blocking and things sometimes if they know their rank will decrease. It also stops rubbish people from reaching high levels and then only truely good people can reach the high ranks. For example, on CoD, you can be AWFUL, but play 20 days and get to the highest rank. It shouldn't be like that. Only good people should get to high ranks, not people that simply play a lot.
ws
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15 (152 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

It's good as it is right now. The could doh with a patch make so you could lvl up to 90 :smileytongue:.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15 (151 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

A lot of good points here.

First the music issue is sorted, wack on your saved music, create a playlist, go nuts and rave to justin beiber (you laugh ive seen and heard it being done.....)

Next the ranking. yes, it always goes up, never down, but it still takes some effort to get to 80, it just is not possible to do it in a short space of time, 3 weeks at least i say with very little sleep and constantly on it, around 3 months or more for the average enthusiast and even longer for a casual hour a day player.

I would like a system beyond 80 to 100 that takes in account some sort of leveling system. Id also like to see the levels increase by way of challenges. "podium the next 3 buggy races" "complete 3 laps under xx time on xx track" but all of these ranked only to stop people boosting them.

el_mojo said it well, race for the fun of it, once you get to 80 stop constantly using the rally car youve moaned about for the past 3 months (this isnt aimed at anyone directly but weve all seen the calls that the rally car is too fast)

Last but not least, nice sig kaa0s :Thumbs: 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15 (138 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Great ideas there kegs. Hopefully they'll add some of these requested features at some point. (off the topic: would be nice to see in the race who you bet against and who betted on you by way of different player names next to their icons. You know, white for everyone else like it is now, green on the guy you bet against, red on the ones that made a bet on you, or something like that.)

Those challenges especially sound nice btw. Maybe if you could actually see at what point someone is in their challenges at the moment, say, I have got 2 wins straight on a buggy and need the third, people could see that in the lobby so they could possibly try to make me lose a little bit more than without knowing about it.

Hehe spent a while on the sig today.. my net connection is screwing around with me for some reason.. there's some "weather-related" problems with the ISP right now.. argh. So vague in their information.. kinda reminds me of one special game house =) anyways, it turned out fine, kinda got the colors crazy and still some MS colors in there, "upinyourface" comes to mind.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15 (119 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

TRAXXAS58, Apparently you think just like me. I am a lover of the series motorstorm, pacific rift I have two years ago and have not got sick, play it often. I've done everything you can do in MSPR, at 5 am legend 100%, but if I play bad sometimes I start to fall 90%, 80%, 70%, and end up going back to level 4. That's great, because for me I need to keep on top keeping always a great performance. MSPR is unusual in you see a player level 2 win a player level 5. But I won many players level 80 in MSA , I see many players at 70, 75, 80 have committed many errors of beginners. Why? because many have reached the maximum level just because accumulated a lot of online races, and not because they are great players.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15 (95 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Kegs11, when you buy a movie soundtrack bad you turn on your radio and hear songs from Justin Bieber? If you like this, I do not like. When I buy a game I deserve quality, including the soundtrack. This is not hard to do, an example is the soundtrack of Pacific Rift, very good!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15 (93 Views)
0 Kudos