In response to eAxis RoY, there is no host when choosing to start the game via Matchmaking (Find Game), so if there is no countdown timer I suggest that you leave, as you'll be waiting indefinetly, (basically as soon as "waiting for players" ends, then the countdown timer begins not long after, if not then my advice is leave that lobby and then attempt again)
Also still have the same issues regarded freezeing during matchmaking, and like stated earlier the only way of fixing seems to be deleting the game data, seems related to online occurence of not being able to communicate with the server, which somehow seems to corrupt the game data.
I was having the game freeze problem but the Game Data delete and reinstall worked.
on the other hand it's happened twice already that when I exit the game (Quit Game) my PS3 restarts, It's a FAT 40GB model (Oct 2007).
Apart from that I love the game and the tracks !!
In a possible future update can it be made so that you can start a game without a full lobby, its pretty bad when you have to wait 10 minutes to start a game cause your waiting for people to come. (when it works)
The lobby doesn't have to be full for a race to be allowed to start - four players is enough.
When they fix the issue in regards to starting, a manual start option will not be needed since the wait in the lobby is pretty short otherwise.. when it works that is
- I can only connect once, and when i try a second time, the game says 'you can't connect, there's an error'. After that, the game freezes and i have to restart my PS3.
- Playing on an SD-TV with 4:3 resolution or how u call that in English (i'm Dutch), and then the letters become so small that i can't read them most of the time.
- When u bet on someone that disconnects later on, you don't get any chips, and tbh i find that not fair...
And sometimes after a race you lose some chips for whatever reason, but not because you lost a bet.
Playing on an EU version btw.
1. The first issue can be solved by deleting the game utility data and then reinstalling the patch.
2. Doubt this one will be solved, however unsure what it looks like on a SD-TV, so who knows.
3. Probably mainly down to cheating, if you could get chips from people disconnecting, then you could get a friend online, bet on him; start the game, he quits and you win all the chips, easy way of leveling up very fast. Also what chips do you lose?
Very hard to find a suitable game today and lots of problems with lobby, it can't find games, I can't leave lobby and have to quit the game and restart to make it work.
Also, again, let's say half of the time when I quit my PS3 restarts, it's happened to my fiancé as well (I've got a FAT he's got a SLIM).
I think that afterall it's not bad that the game got delayed considering the online problems, I think that once the issues get ironed out this online will really rock !
- Select a Language