03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Accepted Solution

Server Updates: Support and Info.

102 Replies 1,462 Views Created 18-03-2011

We're aware of teething problems with the online servers affecting online play and are working hard to resolve them as quickly as possible. While we do, we would also like to gather feedback from all of you already playing the game, to ensure that the improvements and fixes we are making will resolve any issues you are experiencing.

So, if you are encountering error messages, connection issues or stability problems with the game online, please post in this thread to let us know, including as much detail as possible, such as:

What you were trying to do, if you received an error message, what you had been doing prior, how long you'd been playing for, whether you were connected to PSN, what set-up you have (PS3 model, 2DTV or 3DTV?), etc.

We will leave this thread open until we release an update to the servers, and look to create another thread like this beyond the update if required.

Please rest assured that Evolution Studios are committed to supporting your experience of MotorStorm and will do everything possible to make sure it is as good as it can be. Thank you in advance for any information you can provide to help us do this, and for your patience while we do so.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Phenom_Evolution
Accepted Solution

Update 1.02 for MotorStorm Apocalypse is now available for download and you will need to install the update to access the games Network Features. To prompt the download, connect to PSN and start the game from the XMB.

This thread will shortly be closed as per the opening post.

Please note that the servers will be unavailable from 10:00 - 12:00 BST today as per this post.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: Server Updates: Support and Info.

/16

BeanDK

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BeanDK
Accepted Solution

Glad you guys have attention on the issues :D

Here are my experiences...

March 16th evening : I could connect online and played about 10 races. When 5 of the raced ended, the game could not connect to the server and I was kicked back to the menu and losing any chips/XP.

I also experienced two crashed/freezes during races where I had to reset my console and reboot the game.

March 17th evening: Played about 12-15 races without any major problems - which was nice. But on two occations I was not able to vote for the track and was presented with a blank vote screen. The game still continued assuming I didn't vote.

March 18th (today) around 18:00-19:00: I was not able to play online at all. A few times I got a message telling me the game could not communicate with the server. On other ocations I got through but the matchmaning  timed out.

I do not have the exact error messages, but I will take notes the next time I experience problems.

I' m located in Denmark,  own a EU PS3 slim (2500 series) and running in 1080p... old school 2D TV ;)

Playing on a 20/1 mbit ADSL internet line.

Let me know if I can help further.

/B

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Best Action Player
/16

Morax

• Best Action Player
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Morax
Accepted Solution

Today i cant play Online. When I´m finding match, the game freezes and I have to turn off the system... I tried a lot of times and the same problem.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

BeanDK

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BeanDK
Accepted Solution

Managed to get connected about 30 min ago, and raced 3 races... but after the 3rd race, the game lost connection to the server and I lost my chips. Tried to reconnect but the server timed out while matchmaking :(

0 Kudos

/16

Natural-Hazard

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Natural-Hazard
Accepted Solution

Having issues joining via Find Game, seems to hang/freeze during the Matchmaking process. Not possible to quit back to the XMB either, requiring a hard reset to continue. Also today had various issues communicating with the server, once whilst viewing the leaderboards and anouther whilst on the betting summary screen. 

0 Kudos

/16

Natural-Hazard

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Natural-Hazard
Accepted Solution
Just an update, I deleted my Game Data, and rebooted the game, reinstalling the patch etc... and it seems to work now :)
0 Kudos

/16

tkidman

50%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tkidman
Accepted Solution

Today, after joining an online lobby using 'find game', nothing happens.  I wait around for ages but the race doesn't start - other people leave and join the lobby but nothing else happens.  I've tried joining a number of different online races but I've had the same result every time - the race never starts!  I did manage to have 2 online races yesterday.  I live in Australia.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Puddin

59%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Puddin
Accepted Solution
I'm having the same problem as Tkidman. (also in AU)

Launch BC 60gig, was able to play for about 2 hours earlier this morning. Went away for an hour came back and can't do anything now.

As soon as you get into the lobby, when full the game doesn't start. No error message or anything.

In a possible future update can it be made so that you can start a game without a full lobby, its pretty bad when you have to wait 10 minutes to start a game cause your waiting for people to come. (when it works)
0 Kudos

/16

Kegs11

87%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kegs11
Accepted Solution

The delete-n-reinstall trick natural-hazard commented about seems to work. I had decent connection to the servers for 24hrs, then yesterday couldnt get online for love nor money. After deleting the patch and reinstalling i got online first time and had not a single problem for 6 hours.

0 Kudos

/16

Natural-Hazard

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Natural-Hazard
Accepted Solution

In response to eAxis RoY, there is no host when choosing to start the game via Matchmaking (Find Game), so if there is no countdown timer I suggest that you leave, as you'll be waiting indefinetly, (basically as soon as "waiting for players" ends, then the countdown timer begins not long after, if not then my advice is leave that lobby and then attempt again)

Also still have the same issues regarded freezeing during matchmaking, and like stated earlier the only way of fixing seems to be deleting the game data, seems related to online occurence of not being able to communicate with the server, which somehow seems to corrupt the game data. 

0 Kudos

/16

Natural-Hazard

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Natural-Hazard
Accepted Solution
Anybody tried Private Game yet?
0 Kudos

/16

Nymalith

33%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nymalith
Accepted Solution

I was having the game freeze problem but the Game Data delete and reinstall worked.

on the other hand it's happened twice already that when I exit the game (Quit Game) my PS3 restarts, It's a FAT 40GB model (Oct 2007).

Apart from that I love the game and the tracks :)!!

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

BeanDK

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BeanDK
Accepted Solution

Puddin wrote:
In a possible future update can it be made so that you can start a game without a full lobby, its pretty bad when you have to wait 10 minutes to start a game cause your waiting for people to come. (when it works)

The lobby doesn't have to be full for a race to be allowed to start - four players is enough.

When they fix the issue in regards to starting, a manual start option will not be needed since the wait in the lobby is pretty short otherwise.. when it works that is :)

0 Kudos

/16

Natural-Hazard

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Natural-Hazard
Accepted Solution

the biggest problem today is races don't sem to be starting, no countdown, no nothing. Just people sat in the lobby, joining and leaving

0 Kudos

/16

Jizzytatsu

36%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Jizzytatsu
Accepted Solution

3 Issues:

- I can only connect once, and when i try a second time, the game says 'you can't connect, there's an error'. After that, the game freezes and i have to restart my PS3.

- Playing on an SD-TV with 4:3 resolution or how u call that in English (i'm Dutch), and then the letters become so small that i can't read them most of the time.

- When u bet on someone that disconnects later on, you don't get any chips, and tbh i find that not fair...

And sometimes after a race you lose some chips for whatever reason, but not because you lost a bet.

Playing on an EU version btw.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Natural-Hazard

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Natural-Hazard
Accepted Solution

^

1. The first issue can be solved by deleting the game utility data and then reinstalling the patch.
2. Doubt this one will be solved, however unsure what it looks like on a SD-TV, so who knows.
3. Probably mainly down to cheating, if you could get chips from people disconnecting, then you could get a friend online, bet on him; start the game, he quits and you win all the chips, easy way of leveling up very fast. Also what chips do you lose?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Nymalith

33%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nymalith
Accepted Solution

Very hard to find a suitable game today and lots of problems with lobby, it can't find games, I can't leave lobby and have to quit the game and restart to make it work.

Also, again, let's say half of the time when I quit my PS3 restarts, it's happened to my fiancé as well (I've got a FAT he's got a SLIM).

I think that afterall it's not bad that the game got delayed considering the online problems, I think that once the issues get ironed out this online will really rock :)!

0 Kudos

/16

tifos

88%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tifos
Accepted Solution
the online is a MESS i mean real MESS,plus sometimes when i ''quit game'' ps3 restart .this is insane
0 Kudos

/16

Natural-Hazard

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Natural-Hazard
Accepted Solution

three beeps?

0 Kudos

/16

tifos

88%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tifos
Accepted Solution

yea that *****ing three beeps,that happened to you also?

0 Kudos

/16

Natural-Hazard

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Natural-Hazard
Accepted Solution