02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

VITA VERSION: Motorstorm RC progress not saving :(

[ Edited ]
68 Replies 2,429 Views edited 24-07-2012

I have big problem with Motorstorm RC. When I shut down the game all my progress (medals and unlocked cars) is erased. When I want to play the game later I have to start all over again :(

Is there any way to fix this?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Phenom_Evolution
Accepted Solution

Hi everyone,

If you encountered this issue prior to installing the update released today:

Your previous medal progress will not be re-enstated by the game, unfortunately, but with update 1.01 installed, you should now be able to play the game anew and your medal progress should save successfully from this point on. Please can you confirm if this is the case?

If you encountered the issue after installing the update released today:

The game update for MotorStorm RC (v1.01) has made changes to the way the game handles erroneous event times, to help prevent erroneous leaderboard times from being recorded and then posted to the leaderboards. A side-effect of these changes is that if you have an erroneous time (and only if you have an erroneous time), your Festival progress (i.e. your medals and rewards associated with medals earned) will be reset by the game at the moment that you install the update. If this happens, it will only be your Festival progress that is affected: Times, Challenges, Trophies, Stats, add-ons, etc. will not be affected and you will be able to earn and collect the medals again as you play.

The MotorStorm RC team are investigating whether or not all affected profiles can have their medal count re-enstated based on leaderboard times in a future update to the game. If you are affected by the issue please contact me via the PSN messaging system to assist the investigation into this, and please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

0 Kudos

Re: Motorstorm RC progress not saving :(

/16

JustHonour

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JustHonour
Accepted Solution

Add me to the list :-(

3G

32 gig

JustHonour

0 Kudos

/16

JustHonour

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JustHonour
Accepted Solution

Mine reset after the update. 

How would I have got an "erroneous time". In fact, I'm pretty sure all my times were fairly average at best!

0 Kudos

/16

Lloyd95334

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Lloyd95334
Accepted Solution

uhg there goes like 112 medals.

might as well wait for an update.  

Those drifting events are torcherous(for me)

0 Kudos

/16

TerryV

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TerryV
Accepted Solution
I'm in the same boat :(
0 Kudos

/16

TonyDJ333

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TonyDJ333
Accepted Solution

Now i'm in the boat too.  This sucks!!  So close to platinum and now this.  I could stomach re-earning the medals if i knew the problem woud not re-occur.

0 Kudos

/16

TRAXXAS58

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TRAXXAS58
Accepted Solution

I was told by Phenom that they have been looking into getting peoples medals back, but it would be a very long process. So you may get your medals back without having to complete them all again.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
ws
/16

brewersteve

38%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
brewersteve
Accepted Solution
Well it seems like my profile has been refreshed and my progress is now being saved at last after the patch. Id encourage anyone who is suffering from their progress not being saved to contact the developer on Twitter @PhenomEvolution. They seem to have fixed it for me
0 Kudos

/16

TRAXXAS58

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TRAXXAS58
Accepted Solution
Until I am informed of a way to get my medals back without having to complete all the events again I won't be playing RC anymore.
0 Kudos

ws
/16

BarryScott

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BarryScott
Accepted Solution

Great way to end a day. I got the 192nd medal last night and have just one trophy to go for the platinum.

Installed the update (no option to play without doing so). Now I am back to the start. Great work, I'd love to be the brain who created a firmware update that deletes all game progress.

PS3 is the same story. I was looking forward to my first double platinum today...but no.

No more RC for me

3G

32GB

BarryScott

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Bronze

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Bronze
Accepted Solution
'Deal with it' is not exactly the response I was expecting from the developers.

There is nothing worse in gaming than losing your progress and having your invested time rendered worthless.

I won't be starting it again. I won't be purchasing any DLC. What a disappointing outcome.
0 Kudos

/16

BOSTONJOHN32

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BOSTONJOHN32
Accepted Solution

Wow this is bad,lol.. what a kick 2 the privates after hours of progress lost, 2 make matters worse i can see my ghost in every race which i lost the medals in.. A ghost is only made when a time/event is finished, regardless if it is a 3 medal time or a bad time a ghost trail will show those laps as we all know, so how is it that these events, which i lost my medals in and have NO personal best times posted, show my ghost w/ my name on the bottom? the game acts as if i have never played the events, but my ghost is there from when i won my medals..

this is rotten, so close to the plat..

went back to grind out the last few races w/ the supercars just 2 see my progress gone, the playground showing 2 padlocks (but im able to roam free through every part) and my cars and psn trophies also effected, from the silver standard to "playground" trophy..

i wish the devs showed that "deal w/ it" attitude before we put paychecks in their banks..

add me if you wish, BOSTONJOHN32.. i will not stop until a refund or a fix.. this is beyond unacceptable because of their careless reaction.. well i will personally get this issue blasted to the pages of every gaming website, amazon blog and any and every place which this game may sell or be reviewed to place doubt into future purchases of this game, i dont care if its 10 or 10,ooo bucks, its the principle..

a few of my friends have gotten unacceptable responses or none all together. 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

MaimTron9000

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MaimTron9000
Accepted Solution

I never got any saving errors but Motorstorm just cleared all my medals, I have both expansion packs and was way past half of all the medals. I don't really feel like playing it again now :smileysad:

EDIT: I won't  be buying any DLC for this game until this problem and the horrible framerate problems are solved.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

TRAXXAS58

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TRAXXAS58
Accepted Solution
I have done the exact same thing. I have only earned 3 stars back since my medals were wiped.
0 Kudos

ws
Community Manager

Envisager

• Community Manager
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Envisager
Accepted Solution

The patch that was released yesterday should have resolved this issue, please let me know if you get any new instances of this problem!

0 Kudos

/16

footlongchilli

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
footlongchilli
Accepted Solution

hello.

im playing on an 80gb ps3. i played the demo unknowing to these problems and to be honest the demo worked faultlessly. leader boards updated in mins,pitwall challenges came up great an all the time and players ghosts appeared in time trial mode. since up grading to full game for 4.75 (just days later its now 3.99 !!!)  the leaderboard updates and players ghosts  etc etc have failed to work. completed many time trials on plenty of new tracks as iv unlocked the game and leader boards and my global ranking remain nil. please help.i think im on 1.02 now.i have tried wiping the game off ps3 and re downloading it, still no joy. very displeased with level of service considering iv bought all motostorms to s try support the game as a fan. 

0 Kudos

/16
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Phenom_Evolution
Accepted Solution

It's now possible to recover your lost medals by manually prompting a synchronisation between your game and the server. I can guide you through the process if you contact me via PSN messaging for help.

I've already sent a message to everyone who has asked for help in this thread.

0 Kudos

/16

cMonry

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
cMonry
Accepted Solution
I have recently lost all my medals. Can anyone help me recover them so I won't have to start from beginning again?
0 Kudos

/16

Cepacas

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cepacas
Accepted Solution

Just lost 30 medals...

I am close to platinum and this keep happening to me..

This sucks.

How can I get then back?

Thanks

0 Kudos

/16

eag1z

32%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
eag1z
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

Re: VITA VERSION: Motorstorm RC progress not saving :(

/16

eag1z

32%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
eag1z
Accepted Solution
I started playing my vita version again recently offline, I downloaded the update last week, got all medals and was working on shaving off a minute for the 40mins trophy, went to a friends house to sync (don't have Internet at home right now) and got the pit wall trophy from my ps3 but then lost all the medals I'd earned the last week, please help
0 Kudos

Re: VITA VERSION: Motorstorm RC progress not saving :(

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel