29 May 2012
Playstation Staff

ModNation Racers: Whoop, Well Here It Is!

[ Edited ]
90 Replies 1,106 Views edited 29-05-2012

7030143749_5a6a14813d_o.jpg

Hi all,

Big news this week but first lets get to some of the past week's goodies...

ModNation Racers Road Trip: Track Of The Week:  

1.jpg

ModNation Racers For PS3

Thursday Night Fun Races
Join ModNationSD for an extended night of Fun Races from 4pm – 6pm Thursday, May 31st. Send a friend request to ModNationSD and we’ll add you for the night!

“Hall of Fame” Tracks - Class of 2012

We recently asked the Mod-Nation for their opinion of the five best tracks of the year. It was an impossible task for many (including myself) to narrow it down to 25. Soooo many great tracks created, probably unfair to even ask the question but here are the results…

2.jpg

The Cinema Track Project

Please take time to check out the community initiated “Project Cinema” track challenge HERE. Some amazing creators put a lot of time into these tracks and each one is worth a drive (or twenty!). Check them out HERE.

3.jpg

"Home Sweeet Home" Track Challenge

This track challenge is not over yet but take a look as some brilliant tracks beginning to roll out resembling the creator’s hometown. This should produce some seriously creative tracks. Check them out HERE.

4.jpg

ModNation Racers Hot Lap Tracks:  Shangi-La? by Itachifox 

5.jpg

hmmmm let’s see… masterpiece, epic, beautiful, diverse, stunning and “very good” should about cover any attempts to 
describe this track. Oh yeah, maybe WOWzers!

Monday: Your Decision by Mrs_Ripper171

Tuesday: The Fairest Fairgrounds by John 31269

Wednesday: My Old Can-tucky Home! By AlphaOmegaBreakr

Thursday: Corridon Research 2.0 by dancinglights800

Friday: Trip to..Wait..Where Am I by Meepcow

Saturday: Shangri-La? by Itachifox

Sunday: Favela Fever by ath_racing

Mahalo ModNation
Well all, this sadly is our last ModNation Monday blog post and I offer a genuine heartfelt goodbye as your MNR Community Manager. It’s been a great run but the time has come. I can’t emphasize how much I truly have enjoyed each and every day working with such a great community. I hope you know that I gave you all which you deserved… 110% effort, 100% of the time. I couldn’t be more thankful for having my first (of hopefully many) communities be ModNation.

Two years is a long time for a game’s community to stay as engaged as we have been. Moving forward, this baby is all yours. I know you will honor the game, its history and your fellow community members by keeping the flame alive and strong.

As I was before becoming the community manager, I will be still be in the game here and there as an anonymously player, enjoying all it has to offer. I can’t wait to see what insanely creative Mod, Karts, and Tracks will come out in the future (I’ll five-star them all!).

So… off I go to Maui to sit by the beach and sip virgin Mai-Tai’s (E-rated game) while playing my Vita (yes, I DO love my Vita AND Road Trip). ok; actually I’ll  be at the local community pool overlooking the Tijuana border, dangling my feet in the greenish-yellow “clouded” water, guzzling a case of Hawaii’s famous “red soda” while keeping an eye on the little groms trying to “borrow” my Vita.

I truley wish I could thank each and one of you individually. I mean that. I will miss you all!

The little child in me lives on!

Hope to see you soon!

Mark

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTES –

ModNation Racers for the PS3 - Top Tracks and Hot Lap will be in rotation with all 450+ Hot Lap tracks chosen over the past two years. The servers are alive and well.

The “Home Sweeet Home” challenge and “Project Cinema” series apologetically will not have an opportunity to appear in Top Tracks or Hot Lap. Our sincerest appreciation and again apologies for the timing. They are indeed masterful works!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 91 (1,106 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: ModNation Racers: Whoop, Well Here It Is!

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

My last day is Thursday. I hope to race with all of you this week!

Mark

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 91 (1,094 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

We'll miss you so much, Mr. SD!   :xCry:

John31269
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 91 (1,090 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

John31269 wrote:

We'll miss you so much, Mr. SD!   :xCry:

John31269,

I will miss you too, You have always been one of my favorite community members and I love to watch your tracks get better and better every week. Thanks for making Modnation such a great community. You rock!

Mark

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 91 (1,084 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Hi Mark.

Very grateful to you. Memories of the maximum is that it has received an interview.

Thank you for the wonderful two years. :smileyhappy:

Big-village_920_
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 91 (1,066 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 91 (1,045 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Nooooooooooooooooooooo...... :-( the end is near. Congrats to itchachiFox for getting the very last track of the week...
I was just about to start submitting my rally tracks for hotlap too. Dam it.

Sorry to hear this news. Great job mark.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 91 (987 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

End of an era, I guess. Quite sad.

Thanks for giving your best efforts to MNR and its community.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 91 (980 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Playstation Staff

"All good things must come to an end"

Best of luck Mark!

:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 91 (974 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Wow. Just wow. This is nothing short of a crushing disappointment after all this time. Our final reward for all our effort, all our dedication, all our passion, is this: getting cut off from the devs and losing what little support we had received so far.

All hope has been lost. The development team has decided to embrace their heartless, uncaring, unfeeling, all-out greedy nature, abandoning an unique, powerful game in favor of a cash cow. Originality is officially verboten at Sony, it seems.

My heartfelt letter truly has failed to make any sort of impact whatsoever. This game is on death row, and nothing will be able to get it out except for its death.

So this is how this game's journey ends: not with a bang, but with a whimper, as with every passing day more and more lifelines are disconnected and this game approaches its inevitable death.

All those hours we've sunk making the things we love in this game, all the effort we've put in this game's powerful tools, all our commitment has been in vain, because Sony cares not about player satisfaction, only about the money.

It's all over. One less unique game on an industry that at this point is oversaturated with follow-the-leader video games and the same old, tired thematics.

Devs, doesn't all of this make you feel even a little bit guilty for gradually pulling the plug on a game that clearly had a very dedicated userbase? Don't you have any sort of attachment to this game, just like we do?

03/2011 - 08/2012. These were some memorable 17 months.
This is the end, my only friends. I'm moving on to other things, as ModNation has given me all it could give.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 91 (957 Views)
0 Kudos