Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: ModNation Racers: Whoop, Well Here It Is!

Pretty much what everyone has said, and what I said in my open letter to you. Good luck Mark, and thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 91 (383 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The_Pwner007 wrote:

OMG.... this is... quite depressing as I can no longer find solace in this communtiy as things keep falling apart. It tears me in the inside. 1) Mark is leaving = no more events, now just a plain game and 2) I don't have anyting on hotlap and now it's going on rotation. And just when I was going to get one too!

This is not only depressing, it is so inopportune! I mean, we just finished the GP and we're all happy, but the backbone of the game, the events, is extirpated right before our eyes! Right when I was going to go on a creating spree with my ideas and the lack of school, then this? I feel so crestfallen with these news, I might keep using these strange vocab. words to show my lack of enthusiasm. This exemplary act will be followed, as there is nothing else to placate us.

PS: Since you'll be here till Thurs., is there possibly a chance that you can still add tracks to hotlap to be rotated?

Yes, I wish the timing of my departure could have worked out a little better with so much to left to celebrate, but it is what it is. I understand. If I could have one wish granted from the MNR Genie it would be to let each one of you meet with the MNR team at San Diego Studio. They have offered this game so much life to a well deserved community. We are your biggest fans!

Mark

I was again rooting for you in the GP. What a great time!

What track are you looking for?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 91 (380 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

moriarty1975 wrote:

ModNationSD wrote:

What? No long humorous musings? I am disappointed.

No not this time Mr.Wilson!

Once again, best of luck and thanks for doing a great job. 

*sadness*

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 91 (379 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Well Mark I think it's safe to say that the MNR community will miss you (as will I) it's been a fun 2 years it has. But sadly I feel this game did not get the full support it deserved. I've made the most of it with racing and dipping my foot in the creation aspect. But I just want to say thanks to you and to most of the people who eventually become my friends. And like when toonamis final show, Mark It's been a lot of fun, MNR wouldn't have been anything without you. Hopefully we've left you with some good memories. So, until we meet again, stay gold. Bang.
Soar2344 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 91 (376 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Playstation Staff

Wonder if there's time for one last creation challenge.....a farewell to ModNationSD kart?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 91 (371 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Rif.: ModNation Racers: Whoop, Well Here It Is!

Ehr, is there a way to have contact with you? No way? I would send you 1 per week my boring messages, or at least to make you remember we still care.

Well, there it is, i really don't know what to say, hope you get along Mark.

Retiree.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 91 (366 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

ModNationSD wrote:

The_Pwner007 wrote:

OMG.... this is... quite depressing as I can no longer find solace in this communtiy as things keep falling apart. It tears me in the inside. 1) Mark is leaving = no more events, now just a plain game and 2) I don't have anyting on hotlap and now it's going on rotation. And just when I was going to get one too!

This is not only depressing, it is so inopportune! I mean, we just finished the GP and we're all happy, but the backbone of the game, the events, is extirpated right before our eyes! Right when I was going to go on a creating spree with my ideas and the lack of school, then this? I feel so crestfallen with these news, I might keep using these strange vocab. words to show my lack of enthusiasm. This exemplary act will be followed, as there is nothing else to placate us.

PS: Since you'll be here till Thurs., is there possibly a chance that you can still add tracks to hotlap to be rotated?

Yes, I wish the timing of my departure could have worked out a little better with so much to left to celebrate, but it is what it is. I understand. If I could have one wish granted from the MNR Genie it would be to let each one of you meet with the MNR team at San Diego Studio. They have offered this game so much life to a well deserved community. We are your biggest fans!

Mark

I was again rooting for you in the GP. What a great time!

What track are you looking for?

Well, it was more of an expectation. The Home Sweet Home challenge track I made and the GP track I was hoping would be entered into hotlap... but alas, there isn't enough time in the world. I just wish I was more creative last summer. It's ok if you can't do it though. Things happen and I understand, it just wasn't expected so soon...

The_pwner007
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 91 (354 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I will miss Mark. He really stuck his neck out for us. He helped keep the ModNation community alive. As it slowly dissolves I would like to thank Mark for maintaining the forums. He allowed all of us to show off and make comments. I hope in the future MNR gets a true sequel or become a classic. Let us hope that Mark would help us lead the charge against Sony.

Sincere thanks to Mark. -Exobud

Exobud
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 91 (344 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Oh! I just had an idea! Could Mark allow us to make new threads on the News and Updates section so we can plan and talk about events we make in the future there? Right now it's locked and since Mark is leaving, that section won't have much use anymore so this might be a good idea.

The_pwner007
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 91 (330 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

WOW...

Mahalo to you Mark and everyone in this wonderful community.

As a "self-professed Product Evangelist" for all things ModNation I am deeply saddened to hear ModNationSD will no longer be publishing the ModNation Monday blog - something me and my daughter (B_Bugg) eagerly look forward to each week.

I have recounted the fact that our family purchased a PS3 JUST to play this AMAZING game before but it bears repeating. There are more hours logged on ModNation Racers in our home than I can count. Phenomenal game, period. I encouraged at least 8 other friends, family and co-workers to purchase and play MNR in the first few months of release. I just played through the entire Career Mode for the 5th time in honor of the 2nd Year Celebration and I say again, as I have since the beginning - ModNation Racers is the BEST GAME EVER!

It has been a real joy to play this game weekly both online and off. Creating, designing, enjoying the many many hours of great creations this community has produced. And it is to this gaming community that "I Salute You."

There has been a great since of commitment here that exceeds even what is seen at workplaces throughout the globe. What a talented bunch of individuals - Mods, Karts, Tracks, Racers...all of you - top notch in your work and support. I have made some friends through this game. You have ALL made me laugh, challenged me, encouraged me...late night races online, downloading the latest best of the best tracks which inspired me each and every week. Thank you.

Too many to mention you all but kudos to my ModNation extended family, especially:

• PatrickJames777 -  my first PSN friend, who finally made Hot Lap with an awesome Pirate themed track
  • kdog013 - awesome Muppet themed Mods and Karts, great racer who helped me become a better racer and inspired my own Fraggle Rock collection of Mods, a kart and Track...
  • moriarty1975 - sometimes the first source of info during the very early days of the "nation." thanks for keeping the community up to date on the happenings.
  • digital_wanderer - amazing high tech Mods...great use of props and decals.
  • Maverick - in my opinion, the greatest Hot Lap racer there is. Amazing. 
  • grey_jeep, prob_alex, atheistsw, laidbackcat, lloyd, argorox (and many others)  - thanks for your fantastic creations and sharing some of your tips and tricks to make all Track Creators even better - real inspiration and talents there. Many of your tracks fill my PS3 and will continue to for years to come...

while I may not know many of you personally - I have followed you through the blogs, forums and your ModNation online identities - it's been a blast!

and finally to Mark (ModNationSD):

thanks for everything you've contributed here during your time with us. Thanks for supporting this game and encouraging everyone to participate in all the various events, races, and contests. I wish you the very best in your future endeavors. For your support of ALL things ModNation - Mahalo and Aloha!!!

From Europe, South America, US and Canada and Japan...

Long Live ModNation

SIncerely,

CAPNDigital

Capndigital
Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 50 of 91 (309 Views)
1 Kudos