04 Jun 2012
By: mini_schnauzer67 Member 1,931 Posts
Level 3

Modnation Monday: The Tradition Must Stand!

10 Replies 676 Views Created 04-06-2012

Hi everyone,

In my opinion Modnation Mondays are an awesome part of the game, we must keep them going, so I took matters into my own hands! Over the next couple of weeks I'll be creating a team to help me with these, if you'd like to help just send me a PM. 

Comps, Challenges and Events:

If you haven't already seen it, check out the track rally comp blackjet is holding, inspired by the amazing series of tracks Prob_alex is building (check them out too by the way!). Atheist has already put in an entry, I encourage all of you track creators to join him in making one!

In addition, if you think you're fast join lakabo's pure racing club, where your skills will truely be put to the test! Also, Tadaryou is holding a Whale Cup on 17/6. Sign up on the forums, what is more fun than racing with some of the fastest racers in the game on some of the fastest tracks built? The next official GP will be coming soon, so stay tuned!

Finally, the hometown challenge finishes today. We need judges! If you would like to judge send me a PM. Congratulations to all who entered a track, they look great!

Mod/Kart Spotlight:

Each week the blog will feature on talented mod or kart creator, and I'll start with one myself, Mehael-Kheel. He makes awesome realistic karts, have a look at all of them! Here's a couple of my favourites, in time trial. The mod is Gustav Holst by Kuningaskotka.

rally and stuff 005.JPG

Gustav Holst zooming through Paris (by atheistsw) in the 1973ALPINE RENAULT A110

rally and stuff 007.JPG

Gustav Holst blasting through MNR Rally: Wales (prob_alex_rally) in a SUBARU IMPREZA WRC.

I hope you like these karts, I certainly do!

Tracks of the Week:

It saddens me that hot lap can no longer promote tracks, but that doesn't mean I can't! I will open a submittion page for any track which wish to be judged... but I'll include any great tracks I come across. 

Time Trial!

Each week one track will get the time trial award, a track that is awesome fun to race around in time trial. This week it goes to prob_alex_rally's MNR Rally - Brazil. I like it more than Sweeden, maybe even more than Wales. Give it a go!

As for the other tracks, check these out!

Titan's Gate by r-crimson

Can't believe this only has 26 downloads, this track is amazing!

Dragon Road ~Aqua Gate~

Epic track with epic dragons, need I say more?

Nuklear Radiation by Biver_

Hard but fun, amazing prop work as always, great track biver!

MNR Rally - Monte-Carlo by ath_racing

Beautiful track, wonderful rally feel. 

And last but not least, Eisig Castle Rally by drew_sux

The icy castle bring beautiful races, try it out!

Of course choosing 5 tracks was very hard, and I'm sure I missed many great tracks when choosing. If you don't want your track to be missed post it on the forums! 

Thanks, and happy Monday!

4 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (676 Views)
4 Kudos
Level 4

Re: Modnation Monday: The Tradition Must Stand!

GREAT idea mini, ModMondays was always an integral part of the Modnation experience and will be sorely missed, but it's fantastic you've chosen to take on the batton like this! I LOVE Mihael-Keehl's karts, only recently discovered them but man, what epic work!

As for the time trial idea, it could work, but I'm not too sure how you could prove it? Because in-game time stats are inaccurate as they include warps, BUT, perhaps if you only included times set in time-trial mode that could eradicate the issue? Say in the next blog you can post the best time set it time-trial mode? I know some racers (like ponce and Lloyd for example) love to hop into time trial and whip around for a few laps to set the best times, so this would be right up their street!

Anyway, DO keep this up, I think perhaps it may be an idea to post a copy of this or a link in the Online or General Discussion part of the forums? Because those seem to have a lot of activity from players who don't seem to post in the Creation section much, and this would help spread the word of your continuation quicker. :smileyhappy:

Also... MNR Rally FTW! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (658 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT IDEAAAA!!!!!

so... to the top tracks... it would be cool if we... Download the five ones and make a casual racing gameroom!!!!!!!!! and hot lap we put in Time Trial! The First Player-Made Modnation Monday is Greeeeeeeeat!!!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (634 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Can I do The Next One????

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (632 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Epic job mini! You have gained amazing respect points in my book! Kudos to you.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (624 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

atheistsw wrote:

GREAT idea mini, ModMondays was always an integral part of the Modnation experience and will be sorely missed, but it's fantastic you've chosen to take on the batton like this! I LOVE Mihael-Keehl's karts, only recently discovered them but man, what epic work!

As for the time trial idea, it could work, but I'm not too sure how you could prove it? Because in-game time stats are inaccurate as they include warps, BUT, perhaps if you only included times set in time-trial mode that could eradicate the issue? Say in the next blog you can post the best time set it time-trial mode? I know some racers (like ponce and Lloyd for example) love to hop into time trial and whip around for a few laps to set the best times, so this would be right up their street!

Anyway, DO keep this up, I think perhaps it may be an idea to post a copy of this or a link in the Online or General Discussion part of the forums? Because those seem to have a lot of activity from players who don't seem to post in the Creation section much, and this would help spread the word of your continuation quicker. :smileyhappy:

Also... MNR Rally FTW! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Hey ath, thanks for the support. For the time trial we could make it an event, or just for fun, I don't mind. Because of the absence of hot lap I thought it would be fun to have one time trial track every week. If for an event then I definitely think only time trial laps, but meh, why not just for fun?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (604 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (564 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

parise93 wrote:

Mini, Link the player profiles next week :smileyvery-happy:

I will, thanks for doing those player profiles Parise!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (550 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

mini_schnauzer67 wrote:

parise93 wrote:

Mini, Link the player profiles next week :smileyvery-happy:

I will, thanks for doing those player profiles Parise!

Thank you for doing Modnation Monday Mini.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (534 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]
Mini I have to tip my hat to you. Thank for keeping Modnation Mondays alive and kicking :smileyvery-happy:. There's a small light of hope for this game and I I'm happy to see this.
Soar2344 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (483 Views)
0 Kudos