94%
05 Rank
Progress

PS + Explained

[ Edited ]
246 Replies 16,543 Views edited 04-12-2011
16 Jun 2010
By AstroZombie1

There seems to be alot of confusion over PSN + and what it entails so i thought i'd take the liberty of explaining a little.  Hopefully there isn't more features added after i post this lol.

Thanks to Jai for helping me with this.

What's the price:

• £11.99,  €14.99 - 90 days (3 months)
  • £39.99,  €49.99 - 1 year

Where can i get this?:

• It will be available from the PSN Store exactly like the way First Play is purchased.

What do it get?:

Free Games

• 1 PSN Game
  • 1 PS1 Classic
  • 2 PSP Minis

You will receieve 4 pre-selected games per month.

Free Game Trials

You can try out Full Retail Games (Blu-Ray Disc) or PSN Games for free for 1 hour and do anything you  would normally do if you had actually bought the game such as Play online with or against friends or just play the singplayer.

Automatic Downloading

With PSN + you PS3 will search through your game library and look for updates (patches) for your games and then download them with out having to pop the disc in for each and every game. (as they are available) This even works with PS3 Firmware updates so you never need to lift a finger.

Also you can schedule what time you want you PS3 to update if any ones are available so it never has to get in the way of say watching a blu-ray movie or streaming content to your PS3.

Wait, there's more

Not only all of the above but you also recieve premium avatars and dynamic themes each month, many of which are exclusive to PSN + members.

There will also be discounts available on loads of PlayStation Store content, just for PSN +  members, so make the most of them as thay will change each month.

Finally wherever possible we’ll be making sure that PSN + members are included in some selected demos and beta trials before they go live to the public so you can brag to your mates.

When can i get this?:

• It will be avilable from the PSN Store on June 29th. 

What Countries will it be in?:

• It will launch in all SCEE controlled Countries with the exception of Russia and Turkey. 

What will i lose if my subscription stops?

The only things you will lose are the 4 games you recieve each month and obviously the auto-downloading and free game trials. Content such as Premium Avatars, Themes, Discounts or Exclusive Game Add-ons you got when you where a member will be yours to keep.

Special Subscription Offer

If you purchase a 1 year subscription from when PSN + Launches and August 3rd you will recieve a free PS3 downloadable version of Media Molucules smash hit Little Big Planet for free to keep for ever.

LABELS:

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

McNeilio

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
1 if u have the 3month sub then it will auto renew on 3 months
2 u can cancel the auto renew say a day or 2 b4 its due to end and then when it is expired u can then choose to sub for a year if thats what u prefer
3 it wont renew if u have no card registered and no money in your ps3 account
0 Kudos

Re: PSN + Explained

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DanMW

91%
03 Rank
Progress
DanMW
Accepted Solution

I bought the 12 months subscription on day one, so as long as I have enough funds on my wallet or a valid credit card the automatic renewal should happen automatically and I don't have to do anything about it?

Also, if there is any offer at the time of renewal, do we take advantage of it?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Iyonix

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Iyonix
Accepted Solution

DanMW wrote:

I bought the 12 months subscription on day one, so as long as I have enough funds on my wallet or a valid credit card the automatic renewal should happen automatically and I don't have to do anything about it?

Also, if there is any offer at the time of renewal, do we take advantage of it?

That's correct for the subscription.

Subscription offers have ended for now. If there is an offer I would imagine you'd get it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SeLwOoD-X

88%
02 Rank
Progress
SeLwOoD-X
Accepted Solution

If i sign up for Playstation Plus will i be able download old content, like avatars and themes etc?

And if not, would SCEE re-submit old content again in the future, i have seen some cool themes while i have been browsing the store on the Playsation Plus section, but not been able to buy as they are PS + exclusives :smileysad:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

AstroZombie1

• Beta Tester
94%
05 Rank
Progress
AstroZombie1
Accepted Solution

SeLwOoD-X wrote:

If i sign up for Playstation Plus will i be able download old content, like avatars and themes etc?

And if not, would SCEE re-submit old content again in the future, i have seen some cool themes while i have been browsing the store on the Playsation Plus section, but not been able to buy as they are PS + exclusives :smileysad:

If you sign up before the months content changes say you sign up the last day of march and it changes the 1st of April then yes, but any previous months content from before you signed up month is not possible

Also it's nice to see this thread still going strong. :)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SeLwOoD-X

88%
02 Rank
Progress
SeLwOoD-X
Accepted Solution

AstroZombie1 wrote:

SeLwOoD-X wrote:

If you sign up before the months content changes say you sign up the last day of march and it changes the 1st of April then yes, but any previous months content from before you signed up month is not possible

So content, like dynamic themes and avatars from a few months ago are gone forever then?

Wont SCEE ever release old stuff again, really liked the look of some dynamic themes i have seen?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

AstroZombie1

• Beta Tester
94%
05 Rank
Progress
AstroZombie1
Accepted Solution

SeLwOoD-X wrote:

AstroZombie1 wrote:

SeLwOoD-X wrote:

So content, like dynamic themes and avatars from a few months ago are gone forever then?

Wont SCEE ever release old stuff again, really liked the look of some dynamic themes i have seen?

At this time yes, but you never know if I was sony I would release all the PS+ content for the year at xmas for all PS+ subs to grab if the subbed say mid-year.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SeLwOoD-X

88%
02 Rank
Progress
SeLwOoD-X
Accepted Solution

Yeah that would be a good idea, anyway thanks for the help man :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

AstroZombie1

• Beta Tester
94%
05 Rank
Progress
AstroZombie1
Accepted Solution

No problem.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LCKGamer

23%
02 Rank
Progress
LCKGamer
Accepted Solution

I am trying to play Call of Duty: Black Ops online but when I pressed Playstation Network, it told me that my parental controls didnt allow me to play online. What do I do?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jmmart99

89%
05 Rank
Progress
jmmart99
Accepted Solution

LCKGamer escribió:

I am trying to play Call of Duty: Black Ops online but when I pressed Playstation Network, it told me that my parental controls didnt allow me to play online. What do I do?

You must be over 18 to play

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cfir

22%
02 Rank
Progress
cfir
Accepted Solution

Why is it that I can only have one PS3 configured for auto update. I'm happy to schedule the updates for different times, or even days. My house has multiple PS3s, so only being able to set one of them to auto update is annoying.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Lazmod

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Lazmod
Accepted Solution

Can other users save game content to the one psn+ subscription?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

misterck

91%
09 Rank
Progress
misterck
Accepted Solution
so is this psn+ still running the same way it has from when it was released?

i.e :

the free games you get are no longer yours if you decide psn+ is not for you unless you resubscribe again.

the 1 hour game trial demos are only a choice of 2 predetermined by scea and the hour has to be used up in 1 sitting ( so if your 10 mins in and need a really long turd or got the runs etc your pretty much gubbed)

exclusive access to beta's which is only really exclusive for upto a week then regular psn users get em etc ???
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rstreet

60%
02 Rank
Progress
rstreet
Accepted Solution

I signed up to PS+ a few weeks back and I quite like the 'freebies' but think there should be more functionality added for members...I do like the online game saves though.

0 Kudos

I'm on Twitter if anyone is interested: @StradaGaming

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Wigster101

91%
04 Rank
Progress
Wigster101
Accepted Solution

When your subscription ends, how long do you have to renew without losing all the content you gained?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CrashPSN

80%
02 Rank
Progress
CrashPSN
Accepted Solution
Thanks for the thread this cleared up a lot of the questions I had, been thinking about signing up for plus for a while now but I thought you got to keep the free games you get. Might have to re-think now, i'm not moaning about it as it makes sense I just though if I couldn't afford plus for any reason I could keep all the content.
0 Kudos

Crash

Playing: Battlefield 3

WMGamers.com

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

HUYI

• Beta Tester
84%
05 Rank
Progress
HUYI
Accepted Solution

CrashPSN wrote:
Thanks for the thread this cleared up a lot of the questions I had, been thinking about signing up for plus for a while now but I thought you got to keep the free games you get. Might have to re-think now, i'm not moaning about it as it makes sense I just though if I couldn't afford plus for any reason I could keep all the content.
yeah i know, everyone has been saying for ages that you keep the ps1 games and the minis but that is simply not the case, all you get to keep is the themes and avatars lame. :( streets of rage 2 has expired now so even if i did renew my subscription its gone for good. but anyways i have noticed that the 1 years subscription icon has the ps blue bag next to it, if i decided to buy 1 years membership will it stack? and will i get streets of rage 2 back? (i'm guessing no as i can't even redownload it when it select it, it's just a blank page)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gothicsyn

82%
05 Rank
Progress
gothicsyn
Accepted Solution

@HUYI my streets of rage expired as well but when I purchased PS+ I rebooted the game and it loaded fine, and is nowing showing october 1 as my expiry date which is correct as I bought three months of PS+. So if you rebuy PS+ you should be good to go.

0 Kudos

Nothing worse than climbing the ladder of success only to realise its against the wrong wall.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Legion_Steve

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Legion_Steve
Accepted Solution
My PS+ is set to auto-renew. How do I benefit from offers, like latest anniversary offer of Sega Rally for free? My current subscription does not expire until September, as I had 3 months free rolled in when I first subscribed. When it does expire, it will auto-renew for a further 12 months. As far as I can tell, to get Sega Rally for example, I would have to select & purchase (again) another 12 months! Surely as I am set to auto-renew, I should just be able to download the offered game?!

Any thoughts or help appreciated.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Iyonix

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Iyonix
Accepted Solution

Legion_Steve wrote:
My PS+ is set to auto-renew. How do I benefit from offers, like latest anniversary offer of Sega Rally for free? My current subscription does not expire until September, as I had 3 months free rolled in when I first subscribed. When it does expire, it will auto-renew for a further 12 months. As far as I can tell, to get Sega Rally for example, I would have to select & purchase (again) another 12 months! Surely as I am set to auto-renew, I should just be able to download the offered game?!

Any thoughts or help appreciated.

If you want Sega Rally you would have to purchase 12 months again. The new subscription stacks with your current subscription so expiry would be September 2012 rather than 2011.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel