• Award Winner
95%
06 Rank
Progress

Dungeon Defenders

12 Replies 727 Views Created 23-10-2011
23 Oct 2011
By ArsenalMark

Not sure when it'll be out in the Europe - but it's out on Steam, American PSN and XBLA.

I've got it on steam and it's amazing for the £10. One of, if not the best indie games I've bought this year.

It's a Tower Defence Action-RPG, It uses a (mostly) random-loot system and levelling up and combat from an Action-RPG, combined with a good ol' Tower Defence.

The graphics are pretty beautiful too.

Pictures, You know how to google right? http://bit.ly/qcoc6V

My only criticisms atm is that it's very reliant on co-op, the Apprentice and Squire classes can beat the game in 1player due to having actual towers, but the Monk and Huntress suffer.

Ask me questions about it and I'll try my best to answer!

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lone2k9

29%
02 Rank
Progress
lone2k9
Accepted Solution

Suppose the only question left unanswered is how long for EU PSN.

0 Kudos

Re: Dungeon Defenders

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Yeah had this on my radar for a while. Looks like an interesting take on the TD genre, although when I first saw it, I mistakenly thought it was a re-vamped Dungeon Keeper (which would also be sweet).

But if it's out in the US, Steam and XBLA, I'd expect it to be a surprise summer hit.

Seriously - how does SCEE justify the delay? They might want to review their processes, because others in the same boat manage...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

kappi87

22%
02 Rank
Progress
kappi87
Accepted Solution

might aswel get a Xbox atleast they get stuff out on time, UK pns sucks ! cant wait for the game an they havnt even got it on the coming soon section.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Boomalla

83%
02 Rank
Progress
Boomalla
Accepted Solution

Due to it not being on the UK psn store i went and bought it on Xbox live.

It's an excellent game and if you got friends to play it with you'll have loads of fun.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

NocturnalFox-

24%
02 Rank
Progress
NocturnalFox-
Accepted Solution
I think this is a good game, what bothers me is the wallpapers are in the UK/EU store but the game isn't? w.tf?
I had to log into my American account just to DL the trial, its quite fun, like the layout and the customisation, disappointed it wasn't released either last week or this week.
Seriously what is going on at SCEE- 21 new themes instead of this?

My advice to you guys, just set up an American account and get the trial or DL the game on that account- much easier then getting a response from SCEE.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SlickShoes

91%
04 Rank
Progress
SlickShoes
Accepted Solution

They posted on the blog yesterday in the comments of the store update, someone asked about this game. The response was that it had failed QA a few times now and I can only guess it is back with the dev.

No idea how it can be out on every other platform and even in the US yet fail SCEE QA.

0 Kudos

PSN: SlickShoes
Steam: Skiiba

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

ArsenalMark

• Award Winner
95%
06 Rank
Progress
ArsenalMark
Accepted Solution

SlickShoes wrote:

They posted on the blog yesterday in the comments of the store update, someone asked about this game. The response was that it had failed QA a few times now and I can only guess it is back with the dev.

No idea how it can be out on every other platform and even in the US yet fail SCEE QA.

How the heck does it fail EU QA and pass US QA O_O

Only thing I can think of is due to the many languages? :|

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LordOfThePies80

73%
02 Rank
Progress
LordOfThePies80
Accepted Solution

I've posted a new thread on their forums asking for any information. But I've not received any kind of response.

There are way too many developers out there happy to follow Sony's example by completely ignoring their customers.

After waiting over a year already surely we deserve updates on this daily, not monthly.

I know the idea of having to programme the game for many different languages comes across as a valid excuse, but it would be very easy to post a list of the many many developers who achieve this regularly. Enabling them to stick to their promises regarding release dates.

0 Kudos

"I met a transvestite in Greater Manchester yesterday.
He had a Wigan address"

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

ArsenalMark

• Award Winner
95%
06 Rank
Progress
ArsenalMark
Accepted Solution

LordOfThePies80 wrote:

I've posted a new thread on their forums asking for any information. But I've not received any kind of response.

There are way too many developers out there happy to follow Sony's example by completely ignoring their customers.

After waiting over a year already surely we deserve updates on this daily, not monthly.

I know the idea of having to programme the game for many different languages comes across as a valid excuse, but it would be very easy to post a list of the many many developers who achieve this regularly. Enabling them to stick to their promises regarding release dates.

I for one can vouch that they don't ignore customers :)

Trying sending them a Tweet on Twitter, seems to be a good way to get a response :) They are @Trendyent

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

LordOfThePies80 wrote:

I know the idea of having to programme the game for many different languages comes across as a valid excuse...

Not really. You don't program for specific languages, you develop with string IDs then pull strings from language files. It really is not rocket science, and it's a very poor excuse for an EU release delay. Especially when it is out in the EU on other platforms.

I am more inclined to believe that Sony's legal team responsible for EU territory negotiations/contracts is just bad and/or slow at their job.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LordOfThePies80

73%
02 Rank
Progress
LordOfThePies80
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the responses ArsenalMark.

I'll definitely try the twitter route, as my post on the forums is still yet to be answered.

I wouldn't disagree with the idea that this is more than likely a problem caused by Sony's side.

But whoever is causing the delay, they don't appear to have any kind of conscious about the situation.

To make it worse I recommended this game to a bunch of friends across the pond who had never heard of it, and by the time I get to play it, they'll be way ahead of me level wise.

0 Kudos

"I met a transvestite in Greater Manchester yesterday.
He had a Wigan address"

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

ArsenalMark

• Award Winner
95%
06 Rank
Progress
ArsenalMark
Accepted Solution
Not sure if consoles will get this (mabbe next weeks store update)

Free Halloween Themed Dungeon Defenders -- Halloween Mission Pack
• 1 new Halloween-themed mission
• 8 exclusive Halloween weapons
• 4 ultra-rare, unlockable character skins (Ninja, Vampire, Death Knight, Angel)

Dungeon Defenders -- Halloween Costume Pack
• Devil -- Monk
• Mummy -- Apprentice
• Pirate -- Squire
• Witch -- Huntress

http://youtu.be/baujr4CI60w
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel