Hustle Kings Snooker Championship 2

[ Edited ]
1,059 Replies 1,823 Views edited 19-12-2011

Time to launch this baby then!

Hustle Kings Snooker Championship - Season 2

Rules:

• No special chalk permitted 
  • Timer limit must be set at the maximum of 60 seconds
  • Short Aim lines (I'm sticking with short as I think it gives our less skilled players a chance still against the top players, plus no one got 147 last season so ya no one mastered it yet.)
  • 1 frame per match
  • You are required to play each player twice in the season.
  • Hustling of credits is allowed, but NOT compulsory 
  • Winner of the match is required to upload a replay to Youtube of either the full match of the last few shots that show who the winner is to prove final scores.
  • All matches must be complete by 1/1/12 otherwise all your matches are regarded as a loss.
What do I win?

PSN Voucher courtesy of Voofoo Studios will be rewarded to one lucky random winner who has completed all their league fixtures.

This event is just for fun, however we will give out virtual trophy badges with your name on made by Narrator, which will be a nice way to show off amongst the rest of the community of your glory.

They will be awarded in the following categories:

1. Winner of the Snooker Championship
  2. Runner up of the Snooker Championship
  3. Highest Break
  4. Best Pot
  5. Best Fluke shot
  6. Best Match Analysis

Anything else worthy of an award as part of this league then please say so.  Suggestions are welcome :)

Last years winners:

RedPuddsBrownPacmanBlueShimmusGreenPacmanSilverPuddsGoldfunky

When?

• The league starts 29/09/11  and finishes 1/1/12
  • We will be hosting a Snooker Championship room every Thursday between 8-9pm BST, which we can all meet up in the room and find an available player to challenge in the league.
  • Alternatively if you are unable to make the Snooker Championship meet up day, you are more than welcome to arrange another day and time to play your matches.
  • You can play whoever you want, when you want, just make sure you only play each player twice and you finish all your matches before the league ends.

Where?

• A room called "OPC Snooker" will be created specifically for us league players to find and challenge one another.
  • You can make your own room of course if you are unable to join the rest of us.  (See details about creating your own room further down).

Time?

The Snooker Championship will be created from 8PM BST till 9PM BST (or when the last player leaves) every Thursday night.

Once again, if you are unable to make this time, you are welcome to arrange another time and day with your chosen opponent.

How?

ALL players within the league will be invited into the Snooker Championship room every Thursday at 8PM BST.

If you are able to join at that time, then please do! Just accept the invite and you will be taken to the private room. 

When you are in the Snooker Championship room, you will get to see all the other players in there too.  From this screen you can chat amongst the other players in the league and find someone to play against.

Once you have agreed who to play, scroll down to their name on the Hustle Kings room and select "Challenge Player".  

If you have arranged a match at a time and day more suitable for you or your opponent, which isn't on the same time as the Snooker Championship day then make sure you create the room settings as follows:

The settings that are NOT essential are highlighted in blue.

Room Name: OPC Snooker

Room Type: Hustle

Anonymous: No

Event Type: Head to Head

Private: Yes

Max Players: 32 

Allow Special Chalk: No

Game Type: Snooker

Frames: 3

Aiming Line: Short

Shot Time: 60 seconds

Arena: Snooker

Cloth: Green

Minimum Stake: No Limit

Maximum Stake: No Limit

If you created your own private room and wish to invite your opponent, you can select "menu" and "invite player".  This will allow you to invite any PSN ID by typing it out, or you can invite them using your friends list or invite players via the PSN Chat.

The league table on this thread will be updated in the OP at the end of each week with all the latest stats.  Please use this thread to post your scores and videos, and league discussions.  

Wish you all the best of luck on your snooker journey.  So put your waist coats and bow ties on and get ready for some much needed snooker action.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
MVP
/16

englishgolfer

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
englishgolfer
Accepted Solution
was anything decided what the "penalty" would be for not completing all your matches?

btw, congrats QW on becoming a mvp - definitely the right man for that badge! and how did it go yesterday with your migraine?
0 Kudos

Re: Hustle Kings Snooker Championship 2

Community Forum Events | Click for all things Uncharted! | Community Twitch Channel

Down with nested replies, bring back quoting
Beta Tester
/16

QuietlyWrong

• Beta Tester
94%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
QuietlyWrong
Accepted Solution

englishgolfer wrote:
btw, congrats QW on becoming a mvp - definitely the right man for that badge! and how did it go yesterday with your migraine?

Thanks... :)

Migraine still hasn't quite gone away but I've got it pretty much under control now... :(

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Pacman_Ownage

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pacman_Ownage
Accepted Solution

If I can at least get that game with afc done, then it'll just be Funky and Lit twice for me...

Seems do-able ...

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

Don't think anyone wants to play this week. 2 weeks in a row now :P So I shall go back to filling in forms for my interview tomorrow. :)

0 Kudos

/16

homerjnick

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
homerjnick
Accepted Solution

englishgolfer wrote:
was anything decided what the "penalty" would be for not completing all your matches?

This is a good question...I just can't see how this league will finish in 2 weeks...litterature is not responding to my messages to play a game...loonytoon has not responded to my friends request...can't seem to be on at the same time as Funky and me and LordRoss get disconnected!!!!

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

QuietlyWrong

• Beta Tester
94%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
QuietlyWrong
Accepted Solution

Well, I've had a play around with the new version of the game and can confirm that rolling up to a ball to snooker your opponent is a foul in pool (one ball must hit a cushion or go in a pocket on any shot) but not in snooker, so that's all good. Plus the game has definitely got a much better idea of what constitutes a snooker, though that can lead to hustle king credits being awarded for putting your opponent in a half-ball snooker and getting out of one, even though you can see enough of the ball to hit it on one side. Which is a little generous... But better than the snooker rule not working.

However now that the snooker rule works, I think I can state with some confidence that the free ball rule doesn't kick in properly when you're on the colours. Which is a shame. I took a match replay so I could demonstrate this but after about the fifth shot of the frame, the replay gets all wacky which doesn't bode well. :(

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

Potted a few balls tonight myself, just to check the roll up behind a ball for a snooker thing. I'm happy that's been confirmed.

I now like middle pockets again. So another plus :P

But, the sound of those snooker balls hitting the bottom of the pocket........ *shudders*. ..... me no likey :(

Still, glad to see VooFoo are keeping an eye on what the community wants and still bringing out updates to improve the game overall :Thumbs:

Anyway, back to Snooker League...... Don't quote me on this. But im sure Mr Ross mentioned to me on Home regarding non completion of games. The rule being something along lines of if you have played more matches than that person (made more of an effort :P ), then you will be rewarded the win. If imatches played is quite even, then it comes down to Snooker Points. I might be wrong. It was last week we talked. I'm sure he will update us soon with how everything will work.

As for my matches. Give me a nudge any time (hopefully I notice your pm's this time :P ). I'm probably gonna be busy over the weekend though.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

McNeilio

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
not been on in a while but like renegade has said .....always good to see the developer actually listening to its customers and making the changes that we have spoken about for a while

others could learn a lot from voofoo

i heard that we get vita hustle kings free because we have the ps3version ....is this correct and how they going about given it out if it is ,,,,,,,another massive gesture of good will from them :):)
0 Kudos

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

McNeilio wrote:
i heard that we get vita hustle kings free because we have the ps3version ....is this correct and how they going about given it out if it is ,,,,,,,another massive gesture of good will from them :):)

Yup! You heard right. It was confirmed on VooFoo's official Twitter account a few days ago :) Not sure how it will happen though. 

0 Kudos

/16

afccarl1994

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
afccarl1994
Accepted Solution

Sorry guys, I don't think I'm going to be able to complete the league. I've been having a few connection issues lately, which is why I haven't really been online. After a few minutes, it disconnects and needs a reboot to connect again :smileysad:

I think the issue is with the PS3s wifi, as everything else is fine and changing settings has had no effect. 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Community Coordinator

LordRoss

• Community Coordinator
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Thanks Rene.

I didn't really to announce it as it may cause dodgy dealings but I will mention this nonetheless.

The rule I intend to go by is as follows:

When the deadline passes all remaining matches shall have a default 147 win to the person who has played the most amount of games.

So Instead of removing those players from the league alongside their results, I shall complete all their matches by default.

If Pacman has played 10 and Funky played 7 and the deadline has passed.  Then Pacman gets the win.

To ensure you don't lose by default then make sure to play as many matches or most preferably play them all before the deadline passes.

If two people both haven't finsihed the league and have played the same amount of games and are due to play against each other, the win goes to the person who showed the most effort to play the said game.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

Pacman_Ownage

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pacman_Ownage
Accepted Solution

LordRoss wrote:

Thanks Rene.

I didn't really to announce it as it may cause dodgy dealings but I will mention this nonetheless.

When the deadline passes all remaining matches shall have a default 147 win to the person who has played the most amount of games.

So Instead of removing those players from the league alongside their results, I shall complete all their matches by default.

If Pacman has played 10 and Funky played 7 and the deadline has passed.  Then Pacman gets the win.

To ensure you don't lose by default then make sure to play as many matches or most preferably play them all before the deadline passes.

If two people both haven't finsihed the league and have played the same amount of games and are due to play against each other, the win goes to the person who showed the most effort to play the said game.

I might win 4 games then unless me and Funkster and/or Lit finally get our games done :D :D!

I'm guessing, default wins don't count towards being entered into the voucher draw at the end?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
MVP
/16

englishgolfer

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
englishgolfer
Accepted Solution

Pacman_Ownage wrote:

LordRoss wrote:

Thanks Rene.

I might win 4 games then unless me and Funkster and/or Lit finally get our games done :D :D!

I'm guessing, default wins don't count towards being entered into the voucher draw at the end?

shame that you've played pudds twice already pacman. if the league had finished now you'd have won over him with 147 breaks both times :Lol:

amazing!

0 Kudos

Community Forum Events | Click for all things Uncharted! | Community Twitch Channel

Beta Tester
/16

Pacman_Ownage

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pacman_Ownage
Accepted Solution

englishgolfer wrote:

Pacman_Ownage wrote:

LordRoss wrote:

Thanks Rene.

shame that you've played pudds twice already pacman. if the league had finished now you'd have won over him with 147 breaks both times :Lol:

amazing!

I've done it many-a-times before! What are you trying to say? :O

...It was in my dreams, but still... :(

Is it bad I dream of Hustle Kings?

0 Kudos

/16

funky_skunk

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
funky_skunk
Accepted Solution

Yeah, I'll struggle to finish! Keep getting disconnected playing people. But I'm still off work till Thursday, so I'll try my best to get some in. Life is just too busy!!!

0 Kudos

Community Coordinator

LordRoss

• Community Coordinator
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Guys just over a week left to finsih all your matches or at least as many as you can!

I've just replayed my match against homer.  After being 60 to his 20 something before disconnecting :(

This time around it was very tight indeed.  Not sure if I got better or he got worse as normally I'm used to being out played by Homer.  It came down to the last black, and lo and behold my miscue took a timely return to cost me the frame.

Unfortunately I was unable to continue this match as I'm off home in a tick.  So to be continued....

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

McNeilio

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
dont agree with how u plan to sort out unfinished games ross

if there are games unfinished when the deadline comes then they should be null and void instead of people being awarded 147 points and the win even though they have not finished their gamesmthemselves
0 Kudos

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
/16

homerjnick

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
homerjnick
Accepted Solution

LordRoss wrote:

Guys just over a week left to finsih all your matches or at least as many as you can!

I've just replayed my match against homer.  After being 60 to his 20 something before disconnecting :(

This time around it was very tight indeed.  Not sure if I got better or he got worse as normally I'm used to being out played by Homer.  It came down to the last black, and lo and behold my miscue took a timely return to cost me the frame.

Unfortunately I was unable to continue this match as I'm off home in a tick.  So to be continued....

So is that 1-0 to me then and to be continued?

I have posted on VooFoo forums as they have done something to the online version of the game, I get disconnected, like many others a lot know when I used to never get it prior to the last update.

In fact my PS3 will hang when I attemp to join a room...think the code for cross-platform gaming with Vita is not too good.

Must admit I am with McNellio on this, I don't see how it is fair to end matches like the way it is being presented but what other options are there?  McNellio has finished his 24 matches so it is a tad unfair to see others be awarded a win and 147 points by doing nothing.

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

englishgolfer

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
englishgolfer
Accepted Solution

homerjnick wrote:

Must admit I am with McNellio on this, I don't see how it is fair to end matches like the way it is being presented but what other options are there?  McNellio has finished his 24 matches so it is a tad unfair to see others be awarded a win and 147 points by doing nothing.

actually thinking more about it, i agree. i haven't looked at the league table in depth but it would be a shame for me and mcneilio to move down a few places to someone who got a 147 break by default. surely something needs to be done to recognise those that did finish, perhaps some bonus points?

*throws wrench into the works*. sorry!

0 Kudos

Community Coordinator

LordRoss

• Community Coordinator
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Your alternative?

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Pacman_Ownage

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pacman_Ownage
Accepted Solution

I'm just curious, when was the last time Funky or Lit played?

It seems now Afc has retired, they seem to be the main 'culprits' ?

And for those who have not finished all their games, why not just put leave them, as they are when the league finishes? I see no point to add points to anyones current score...

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel