Hustle Kings Snooker Championship 2

[ Edited ]
1,059 Replies 1,739 Views edited 19-12-2011

Time to launch this baby then!

Hustle Kings Snooker Championship - Season 2

Rules:

• No special chalk permitted 
  • Timer limit must be set at the maximum of 60 seconds
  • Short Aim lines (I'm sticking with short as I think it gives our less skilled players a chance still against the top players, plus no one got 147 last season so ya no one mastered it yet.)
  • 1 frame per match
  • You are required to play each player twice in the season.
  • Hustling of credits is allowed, but NOT compulsory 
  • Winner of the match is required to upload a replay to Youtube of either the full match of the last few shots that show who the winner is to prove final scores.
  • All matches must be complete by 1/1/12 otherwise all your matches are regarded as a loss.
What do I win?

PSN Voucher courtesy of Voofoo Studios will be rewarded to one lucky random winner who has completed all their league fixtures.

This event is just for fun, however we will give out virtual trophy badges with your name on made by Narrator, which will be a nice way to show off amongst the rest of the community of your glory.

They will be awarded in the following categories:

1. Winner of the Snooker Championship
  2. Runner up of the Snooker Championship
  3. Highest Break
  4. Best Pot
  5. Best Fluke shot
  6. Best Match Analysis

Anything else worthy of an award as part of this league then please say so.  Suggestions are welcome :)

Last years winners:

RedPuddsBrownPacmanBlueShimmusGreenPacmanSilverPuddsGoldfunky

When?

• The league starts 29/09/11  and finishes 1/1/12
  • We will be hosting a Snooker Championship room every Thursday between 8-9pm BST, which we can all meet up in the room and find an available player to challenge in the league.
  • Alternatively if you are unable to make the Snooker Championship meet up day, you are more than welcome to arrange another day and time to play your matches.
  • You can play whoever you want, when you want, just make sure you only play each player twice and you finish all your matches before the league ends.

Where?

• A room called "OPC Snooker" will be created specifically for us league players to find and challenge one another.
  • You can make your own room of course if you are unable to join the rest of us.  (See details about creating your own room further down).

Time?

The Snooker Championship will be created from 8PM BST till 9PM BST (or when the last player leaves) every Thursday night.

Once again, if you are unable to make this time, you are welcome to arrange another time and day with your chosen opponent.

How?

ALL players within the league will be invited into the Snooker Championship room every Thursday at 8PM BST.

If you are able to join at that time, then please do! Just accept the invite and you will be taken to the private room. 

When you are in the Snooker Championship room, you will get to see all the other players in there too.  From this screen you can chat amongst the other players in the league and find someone to play against.

Once you have agreed who to play, scroll down to their name on the Hustle Kings room and select "Challenge Player".  

If you have arranged a match at a time and day more suitable for you or your opponent, which isn't on the same time as the Snooker Championship day then make sure you create the room settings as follows:

The settings that are NOT essential are highlighted in blue.

Room Name: OPC Snooker

Room Type: Hustle

Anonymous: No

Event Type: Head to Head

Private: Yes

Max Players: 32 

Allow Special Chalk: No

Game Type: Snooker

Frames: 3

Aiming Line: Short

Shot Time: 60 seconds

Arena: Snooker

Cloth: Green

Minimum Stake: No Limit

Maximum Stake: No Limit

If you created your own private room and wish to invite your opponent, you can select "menu" and "invite player".  This will allow you to invite any PSN ID by typing it out, or you can invite them using your friends list or invite players via the PSN Chat.

The league table on this thread will be updated in the OP at the end of each week with all the latest stats.  Please use this thread to post your scores and videos, and league discussions.  

Wish you all the best of luck on your snooker journey.  So put your waist coats and bow ties on and get ready for some much needed snooker action.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

funky_skunk

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
funky_skunk
Accepted Solution

Last night I'd planned to play LordRoss and homerjnick... But after I had to download the update, they ended up hooking up for a match. So Pudds & I found ourselves free to play. As you all know, I've not been playing much at all, so I wasn't looking forward to that.

Frame 1, I broke and Pudds was straight in. Decent break, but ended up having to play safe off the black. There was enough on the table for me to win by around 10 points, but was a big ask with a couple of safe reds. Was having a good go at it when we got disconnected on a pink.

We started again, and Pudds got in pretty early. I think he cleared up to the point of having just the colours left, but the white went in-off on the green. (All just from memory, might not be quite right.) I didn't have the option to concede, so between us both we got rid of the remaining colours. Frame 1 to Pudds. (I'll need to check the replay for the score, unless Pudds can chip in.)

Frame 2, I can't remember a thing to be honest, I'll need to check the replay. But it ended up going to me. Again, I'll need to check the replay for the score.

Frame 3 was good for me. Well, I struggled to get on top of my position, so as I can recall there was a lot of long-ish potting to stay on break. Including a thumping long pot to kick things off. Wasn't interested in a high break here, so steadily built off any colours I could. Ended up with no memory to save this replay unfortunately, but took a photo of the score so I wouldn't forget. Which I would. 107-9 to the old skunk. He's not down & out just yet...

0 Kudos

Re: Hustle Kings Snooker Championship 2

/16

funky_skunk

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
funky_skunk
Accepted Solution

Score update.

Frame 1: 113-19 to Pudds, with a not-too-shabby 106 break.

Frame 2: 82-45 to me.

Frame 3: 107-9 to me.

Just tried to connect with both LordRoss and homerjnick to no avain. Technical difficulties, all getting the same error message. Given everyone's desire and availability to play this evening, I'm requesting an extra day be added to the deadline...

0 Kudos

Community Coordinator

LordRoss

• Community Coordinator
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Finally managed to get my game against funky.

Many Hustle Kings errors going on lately :( but we did get a game eventually.

I started off very well.  I got over my issues I experienced against Loony and I was back to normal.  I actualyl beat funky fairly easily in first frame.

Second frame funky stepped his game up a gear and he did some amazing pots (although I have no space left to save and upload them).  He deservably won this frame.

The final frame, well funky started strong but I retaliated well and pulled back and even took the lead.  I was on course to winning the frame and thus the game but I got greedy, went for a pink when perhaps I shouldn't and then I carelessly potted the cueball at the same time.  Not only did this give him the points but it also allowed him to place the cue ball in a perfect posistion for a great comeback.

Funky didn't disapoint.  He took this opportunity with both hands and steamrolled into the lead.  With his growing confidence it made him better and better but at the same time made me worse as I got more careless.

LR 72-10 Funky

LR 24-65 Funky

LR 36-83 Funky

/16

funky_skunk

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
funky_skunk
Accepted Solution

Yeah, hard-fought match. 

LordRoss,  you're a 'one pot at a time' kind of player, and if you're not careful, can build breaks that are hard to overcome. Both our matches I've tried hard to keep you away from getting started, but all 3 frames my safety was poor, as it was in our previous match.

If you think with more of a snooker brain like some of the other dudes, you'd be even harder to beat. That pink you mentioned was a good example; it gave you an extra few points but effectively ended your break. 

Properly tough game though. Thanks again dude...

0 Kudos

/16

funky_skunk

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
funky_skunk
Accepted Solution

Couple of matches to report...

Yesterday Lit & I played, it ended 2-0 to me. Scores: 132-22 and 19-102.

Today, Pudds & I played, and it's effectively ended my challenge.

It ended 2-1 to Pudds, and was pretty hard-fought throughout. I took the first frame, with Pudds taking the next 2. I've saved the replays and will get them up soon, there's some pretty good stuff in them. The final frame was won by only 6 points... Close stuff!! 

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Pacman_Ownage

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pacman_Ownage
Accepted Solution

Me and Funk will continue our pursuit for those games today ...

Like we said we would the past 7 weeks...or... however long it's been :D

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

Playing my last match against QW. I'm busy watching clips on YouTube while he goes on his merry way to an easy 2-0 me thinks :D

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

Played my second and final match against QW today. Was very scrappy. With some poor shots and lots of luck. But managed to get the win 2 frames to 1.

Frame 1 - (7 - 120) -  http://youtu.be/Nk6G7hDwLAs

Frame 2 - (72 - 52) - http://youtu.be/Ga-63Dc_MOQ

Frame 3 - (83 - 51) - http://youtu.be/pqkvgKybDmY (Part 1)

http://youtu.be/nkJTnHq_aqM (Part 2)

That's puts me on Played 21. Won 17. Lost 4.

0 Kudos

/16

Pudds

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pudds
Accepted Solution

I played Loonytoon the other day,

won both matches 2-0, i will post the scores later.

That just left me with 2 against Afccarl that were unplayed but i think he pulled out.

0 Kudos

HK9 027400
Luving the new tv
/16

homerjnick

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
homerjnick
Accepted Solution
Me and Funky played last night, he won 2-1...was not a very inspiring match...misses galore...motivation perhaps gone since both of us could not win the league.

At one point Funky knew he was going to miss but still played his shot cos he said he "wasn't thinking" which brought a chuckle from me...

Scores were:

Homerjnick 69-60 FunkySkunk
Homerjnick 16-90 FunkySkunk
Homerjnick 39-80 FunkySkunk

With the cross-gaming now live with the Vita online is certainly a lot buggier with random disconnects and even struggling to get into a room!

A good league once again though and congrats to Pudds who wins it this year!

I only needed to play FunkySkunk, litteratture and LoonToon once to finish my league standings thus I played 21 won 14 lost 7...

Congrats to Englishgolfer and McNellio as I think they were the only two to finish all 24 matches and thus one of them will win the PSN Voucher!
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Pacman_Ownage

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pacman_Ownage
Accepted Solution

Nyagh...

...I'll just ... take the loss :D

However, I'll echo my congratulations to the people who completed the league, won the league, and everyone who was just in it.

A genuine group of awesome people and you're all Hustle Kings to me ^_^

Community Coordinator

LordRoss

• Community Coordinator
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Guys I will update the league and auto fill in the outstanding results as already stated later today for you all.

Thanks all for taking part in this league.  Sorry it dragged out but sometimes that's the way it goes.  Next up....Pool Tourney but let's have a break for a bit first :D

MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

Eak! Who unstickied this then? :smileymad: Hopefully Ross has some time to update the finished table :)

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

englishgolfer

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
englishgolfer
Accepted Solution

Hi guys!

I recently volunteered my services to LordRoss so we can complete the table for the snooker league. Remember that? Well I’ve rolled up the sleeves and got stuck in. Firstly, as a little reminder here is what the league table looked like on the February 6th, the last time LordRoss updated it.

snooker-table1.jpg

From the 6th to the 29th of February (the deadline date of the tournament) a total of 18 games were registered in the thread. Unfortunately, 4 of these games didn’t have any scores posted, only who won and by how many frames. As such, I’ve taken away the column “Total Points” from my table. So without further ado here is the “1st final table” for the 29th February deadline date…

snooker-table2.jpg

Renegade and QW ended up on the same points and had the same amount of loses. Amazingly they both won the same amount of frames (35) but as Renegade only lost 12 frames to QW’s 15 I placed him in 2nd place. Loony is above Jury because he lost fewer games.

After that we had passed the deadline date there was still 30 (!) games to be played. I won’t post them just yet but instead quote LordRoss on how points will be awarded in the remaining games.

The rule I intend to go by is as follows:

When the deadline passes all remaining matches shall have a default 147 win to the person who has played the most amount of games.

So instead of removing those players from the league alongside their results, I shall complete all their matches by default

If Pacman has played 10 and Funky played 7 and the deadline has passed. Then Pacman gets the win.

To ensure you don’t lose by default then make sure to play as many matches or most preferably play them all before the deadline passes.

If two people both haven’t finished the league and have played the same amount of games and are due to play against each other, the win goes to the person who showed the most effort to play the said game.

So here is the list of games that were unfinished and who won the games (bold) by the default mentioned above.

Ross v Loony

funky v homer

funky v Pacman

Litt v Ross

Litt v funky

Litt v QW

Litt v homer

Litt v Pacman

Litt v afccarl

QW v afccarl

Pacman v funky

Pacman v Litt

Loony v Ross

Loony v funky

Loony v Litt

Loony v homer

Loony v pudds

pudds v afccarl

Rene v funky

Rene v afccarl

afccarl v funky

afccarl v Litt

afccarl v QW

afccarl v Pacman

afccarl v Loony

afccarl v pudds

afccarl v Rene

afccarl v Jury

Jury v funky

Jury v afccarl

every person highlighted won 2-0 in frames. Luckily there were no games where those involved had played the same amount of times, so we didn’t have to award a game to “the person who showed the most effort to play the said game.”

As such, from the default games above, the new and final, final table is below. Enjoy!

snooker-table3.jpg

[ Edited ]
Community Forum Events | Click for all things Uncharted! | Community Twitch Channel

Down with nested replies, bring back quoting
Beta Tester
/16

McNeilio

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
didnt agree with awarding points for games that were not finished in time in the first place

it should have just been null and void as it doesnt show a true reflection of the league standings for games actually played :(:(:(

next time i wont be so quick to play my games and maybe get lucky
0 Kudos

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
/16

homerjnick

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
homerjnick
Accepted Solution
Thanks for your hard work englishgolfer in doing that...I vote McNellio to get the PSN Voucher since he finished his matches first!
0 Kudos

/16

homerjnick

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
homerjnick
Accepted Solution
Oh and LordRoss....roll on the pool tournament!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Pacman_Ownage

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pacman_Ownage
Accepted Solution

McNeilio wrote:
didnt agree with awarding points for games that were not finished in time in the first place

it should have just been null and void as it doesnt show a true reflection of the league standings for games actually played :(:(:(

next time i wont be so quick to play my games and maybe get lucky

But but... I wasn't last :o!

Thanks for finally finishing it up EG! And congrats to all those who finished their games, congrats to QW for winning, and congrats to Pudds, for also winning....and to everyone else for just being great company thoughout :D

0 Kudos

/16

funky_skunk

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
funky_skunk
Accepted Solution
Losses to Jury, Pac and Loony... :-0

My own fault mind. Just didn't have the time! Still had some fantastic matches. Namely against Pudds and QW. Good stuff. Congrats to all...
0 Kudos

Community Coordinator

LordRoss

• Community Coordinator
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Thanks very much englishgolfer.  You sir are a scholar and a gentleman!  A very fine fellow indeed.

In regards to the league, congratulations Pudds!

It's been a strange long ride this season even to the point that it was never officially completed until now.  Deadlines came and went without games even being mentioned.

The Hustle King Snooker Championship has been my first good go at a league based event and from it I have learnt a great deal in what makes it a success and where it fails.  So I apologise for all being guinea pigs but I tried to recover it.  The first season seemed to of been more easy flowing then this one.

It was still fun though, and regardless of the eventual winner some special mentions have got to go to the likes of Pacman for turning up and playing despite knowing his level of skill doesn't quite match some others in the league.   It's hard to stay motivated and continue to enjoy oneself when you lose, so a great fighting spirit Pacman possesses. 

Well done to Jury as well for trying to pick up a game and join in the event as much as possible despite not being fluent in English or even the game of Snooker itself.

The passion of the game helps motivate others in the league and we certainly have passionate Hustle Kings fans in this league.

Being brutal though, only two of you actually finished the games before the new year and even before the extension of the deadline.  That was englishgolfer and Mcneilio.

Mcneilio put in a huge effort to get his games played on time before the deadline and I feel it would be good to recognise him for it rather than putting everyone into the draw.

So either englishgolfer or Mcneilio can get the PSN voucher.  I think I can recall englishgolfer offering to stand aside but if not, I will put you both in the draw and pick at random.

It's a shame a lot of us perhaps including myself fell behind and lost any mojo needed to continue this league but I do hope we can make ammends by pulling off an amazing Pool tournament soon which you are all welcome to join.

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

englishgolfer

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
englishgolfer
Accepted Solution
my vote goes for mcneilio to get the prize. he did finish all his games before me (just!) and i have no problem allowing him to get the voucher.

ps mcneilio, just let me win this thursday in poker and we're quits ;) lol!
0 Kudos

Community Forum Events | Click for all things Uncharted! | Community Twitch Channel

Down with nested replies, bring back quoting
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel