Hustle Kings Snooker Championship 2

[ Edited ]
1,059 Replies 1,716 Views edited 19-12-2011

Time to launch this baby then!

Hustle Kings Snooker Championship - Season 2

Rules:

• No special chalk permitted 
  • Timer limit must be set at the maximum of 60 seconds
  • Short Aim lines (I'm sticking with short as I think it gives our less skilled players a chance still against the top players, plus no one got 147 last season so ya no one mastered it yet.)
  • 1 frame per match
  • You are required to play each player twice in the season.
  • Hustling of credits is allowed, but NOT compulsory 
  • Winner of the match is required to upload a replay to Youtube of either the full match of the last few shots that show who the winner is to prove final scores.
  • All matches must be complete by 1/1/12 otherwise all your matches are regarded as a loss.
What do I win?

PSN Voucher courtesy of Voofoo Studios will be rewarded to one lucky random winner who has completed all their league fixtures.

This event is just for fun, however we will give out virtual trophy badges with your name on made by Narrator, which will be a nice way to show off amongst the rest of the community of your glory.

They will be awarded in the following categories:

1. Winner of the Snooker Championship
  2. Runner up of the Snooker Championship
  3. Highest Break
  4. Best Pot
  5. Best Fluke shot
  6. Best Match Analysis

Anything else worthy of an award as part of this league then please say so.  Suggestions are welcome :)

Last years winners:

RedPuddsBrownPacmanBlueShimmusGreenPacmanSilverPuddsGoldfunky

When?

• The league starts 29/09/11  and finishes 1/1/12
  • We will be hosting a Snooker Championship room every Thursday between 8-9pm BST, which we can all meet up in the room and find an available player to challenge in the league.
  • Alternatively if you are unable to make the Snooker Championship meet up day, you are more than welcome to arrange another day and time to play your matches.
  • You can play whoever you want, when you want, just make sure you only play each player twice and you finish all your matches before the league ends.

Where?

• A room called "OPC Snooker" will be created specifically for us league players to find and challenge one another.
  • You can make your own room of course if you are unable to join the rest of us.  (See details about creating your own room further down).

Time?

The Snooker Championship will be created from 8PM BST till 9PM BST (or when the last player leaves) every Thursday night.

Once again, if you are unable to make this time, you are welcome to arrange another time and day with your chosen opponent.

How?

ALL players within the league will be invited into the Snooker Championship room every Thursday at 8PM BST.

If you are able to join at that time, then please do! Just accept the invite and you will be taken to the private room. 

When you are in the Snooker Championship room, you will get to see all the other players in there too.  From this screen you can chat amongst the other players in the league and find someone to play against.

Once you have agreed who to play, scroll down to their name on the Hustle Kings room and select "Challenge Player".  

If you have arranged a match at a time and day more suitable for you or your opponent, which isn't on the same time as the Snooker Championship day then make sure you create the room settings as follows:

The settings that are NOT essential are highlighted in blue.

Room Name: OPC Snooker

Room Type: Hustle

Anonymous: No

Event Type: Head to Head

Private: Yes

Max Players: 32 

Allow Special Chalk: No

Game Type: Snooker

Frames: 3

Aiming Line: Short

Shot Time: 60 seconds

Arena: Snooker

Cloth: Green

Minimum Stake: No Limit

Maximum Stake: No Limit

If you created your own private room and wish to invite your opponent, you can select "menu" and "invite player".  This will allow you to invite any PSN ID by typing it out, or you can invite them using your friends list or invite players via the PSN Chat.

The league table on this thread will be updated in the OP at the end of each week with all the latest stats.  Please use this thread to post your scores and videos, and league discussions.  

Wish you all the best of luck on your snooker journey.  So put your waist coats and bow ties on and get ready for some much needed snooker action.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

Pacman_Ownage

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pacman_Ownage
Accepted Solution

If the pool tourney does go ahead, I'll be more than happy to join in :D!

If ya'll don't mind putting up with me again  (>^-^)> ^_^ <(^-^)<

0 Kudos

Re: Hustle Kings Snooker Championship 2

MVP
/16

englishgolfer

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
englishgolfer
Accepted Solution

McNeilio wrote:
didnt agree with awarding points for games that were not finished in time in the first place

it should have just been null and void as it doesnt show a true reflection of the league standings for games actually played :(:(:(

next time i wont be so quick to play my games and maybe get lucky

that's why i included a "1st final table" to show how the table looked on the 29th. it's just a shame i couldn't get a screen shot from the last of december with you at the top.

0 Kudos

Forum Events | Community Twitch Channel | S.O.T.M.

Down with nested replies, bring back quoting
Beta Tester
/16

McNeilio

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
lol its a deal EG although dom and vicki may have a say in the poker again
0 Kudos

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
Beta Tester
/16

McNeilio

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
Pacman deserves huge credit :Thumbs:

not just for sticking in and turning up to play but his post match commentary's were some of the funniest posts i have read , they reduced me to tears at times

looking forward to the pool tourney once its up and running again
0 Kudos

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
MVP
/16

QuietlyWrong

• MVP
95%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
QuietlyWrong
Accepted Solution

Thanks all for a great league - some very challenging matches there and some good fun too. No doubt we'll borrow the FIFA league setup or something similar next time. :)

I don't mean to throw a spanner in anybody's works, but EG did you check the results from before February 6th? I just wonder how I managed to win 17 matches with only 33 frames under my belt. Mathematical impossibilities FTW! :P

0 Kudos

-------
MVP
/16

englishgolfer

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
englishgolfer
Accepted Solution
You're right QW! We'll chalk that one up to a slip on rossy's part. It's been there all this time and none of us have seen it till now. I just added to it.... Eak!
0 Kudos

Community Coordinator

LordRoss

• Community Coordinator
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

englishgolfer wrote:
You're right QW! We'll chalk that one up to a slip on rossy's part. It's been there all this time and none of us have seen it till now. I just added to it.... Eak!

Whoops.

Glad that league is out the way now.  Updating that league manually was a pain in the backside as I'm sure you found out.

Using formula's is the way forward lol

Right will get hold of Voofoo see if they still have a PSN voucher lying around lol :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

englishgolfer

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
englishgolfer
Accepted Solution

QuietlyWrong wrote:

Thanks all for a great league - some very challenging matches there and some good fun too. No doubt we'll borrow the FIFA league setup or something similar next time. :)

I don't mean to throw a spanner in anybody's works, but EG did you check the results from before February 6th? I just wonder how I managed to win 17 matches with only 33 frames under my belt. Mathematical impossibilities FTW! :P

if you look at the match score tab in rossy's first post of the thread you'll see that QW has actually won 35 frames and not 33. technically this puts QW 1 frame ahead of renegade in the frames won column. as such QW had won 43 frames and not 41, placing him in 2nd place in the final league table. glad that's sorted out!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

MVP
/16

QuietlyWrong

• MVP
95%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
QuietlyWrong
Accepted Solution

Ohs noes! That won't do at all! Shouldn't it be on frame difference, and then on number of frames won? :O

0 Kudos

-------
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
96%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

I always thought it would be frame difference. Just like goal difference in football. But never thought it would get to that coz of the snooker points. So I finished 2nd? :Stupid:

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel