88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Premier Manager on PS3

54 Replies 5,240 Views Created 28-07-2010

Just seen on a website that 'Premier Manager' should be on PS Store now - for ps3 - a full blown title - not a mini.

Seen a video and it looks half decent...

Anybody splashed out the £13.99? is it any good? (can't be any worse than the Championship Manager mini.....)

Please let me know

Cheers,

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

luckio

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
luckio
Accepted Solution
Im thinking about getting it but there has not been enough info for me.the original was addictive so maybe this one will be
0 Kudos

Re: Premier Manager on PS3

/16

happyblade1975

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
happyblade1975
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

/16

luckio

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
luckio
Accepted Solution
be nice if it has a edit feature so we can get proper badges there is no game website or forum for it and the twitter link is dead so thats a good start
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

chrisfogg12

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
chrisfogg12
Accepted Solution
I would like to get it, as the ps3 hasn't had a football management game.
but I don't really want to be spending £14 on something that I can't find info on.
I'll look for vids and reviews over the next few days before I buy
0 Kudos

http://twitter.com/foggyc_uk
/16

thehughesboy

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
thehughesboy
Accepted Solution

The twitter page is working for me...

http://twitter.com/PremierManager

and the facebook page...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Premier-Manager/135338453153205?ref=search

There should be some more info filtering through via the blog tommorow and over the next few days

0 Kudos

www.premiermanager.com
/16

mango1234

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mango1234
Accepted Solution

I found one video about this but that was it :/

It looks interesting enough... I might just buy it.... But I also may not :smileyindifferent:

More info please XD

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

richard4481

• MVP
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
richard4481
Accepted Solution

thehughesboy wrote:

and the facebook page...

There should be some more info filtering through via the blog tommorow and over the next few days

I'm guessing your John Hughes Product Manager? If so you should get a Dev tag so we know who you are ;)

I'm very tempted by this game just need to know more does it use real player names? 

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

chrisfogg12

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
chrisfogg12
Accepted Solution

richard4481 wrote:

thehughesboy wrote:

and the facebook page...

I'm guessing your John Hughes Product Manager? If so you should get a Dev tag so we know who you are ;)

I'm very tempted by this game just need to know more does it use real player names? 

I read somewhere that it uses the players last name and the initial of the first name.  E.G S.Gerrard but not Steven Gerrard ;)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

http://twitter.com/foggyc_uk
/16

PSYCHO_SEAN

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PSYCHO_SEAN
Accepted Solution

Whatever you do, do NOT buy this game!!!

I purchased it earlier and its the worst game I've played in a long time. I enjoy manager games and this is advertised as being a game for "hardcore and casual gamers", this game is so fiddly an slow its unbelievable, and if your keen on getting stuck in to all aspects of management it takes forever. There are only a handful of trophies and most of them are bronze. There is no style about the game and there's nothing creative to do.

If you buy it, you will regret it...I am contacting Sony Europe about this, I know they don't offer refunds and I don't expect one but I do expect that games are advertised correctly especially given the fact that they do not give refunds.

0 Kudos

/16

mango1234

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mango1234
Accepted Solution

PSYCHO_SEAN wrote:

Whatever you do, do NOT buy this game!!!

I purchased it earlier and its the worst game I've played in a long time. I enjoy manager games and this is advertised as being a game for "hardcore and casual gamers", this game is so fiddly an slow its unbelievable, and if your keen on getting stuck in to all aspects of management it takes forever. There are only a handful of trophies and most of them are bronze. There is no style about the game and there's nothing creative to do.

If you buy it, you will regret it...I am contacting Sony Europe about this, I know they don't offer refunds and I don't expect one but I do expect that games are advertised correctly especially given the fact that they do not give refunds.

Thank you so much for replying to this thread... I was so close to buying the game...

SHAME ON YOU SONY FOR FALSE ADVERTISING! :smileymad:

0 Kudos

/16

PSYCHO_SEAN

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PSYCHO_SEAN
Accepted Solution

Cant be arsed to waste anymore of my life thinking about this terrbile game so im posting the eamil i sent to psn network services:::

Hello,

I am a frequent PS Store user/buyer and have never had a problem with it, until this afternoon. This afternoon I visited the store and viewed a game called Premier Manager, the game is advertised as being for "Hardcore and Casual Gamers" and as "The Definitive pick-up and play experience". So as a football manager gaming fan I went ahead and purchased the title for a little steep but promising £13.99. Then subsequently downloaded the game at a very small 180Mb (slightly concerned now), I installed the game for my screen to go black for 2 minutes before a generic ps3 loading bar appeared (getting more concerned). Eventually the 180Mb game loaded and I set off to become a great manager. No, this will never happen. One look at the game screen and anyone who plays these sorts of games can see that this is far below a standard expected for a ps3 title. I wasn't expecting fancy graphics but I certainly wasn't expecting a screen that was harder to navigate
than boat with 1 oar, a game that would take an hour to work out and minutes to get annoyed with. Simple things have been deeply overlooked and the controls are terrible, the menus are even worse and nothing does what you ask it.

Anyway, as you do not offer refunds I expect that games advertised on your store are advertised correctly, as some of the tag lines to this game are in inverted commas I presume they have quoted someone and would like to know whom. In future please check the titles and there advertising as this is misleading (if you think I'm over-reacting have a try yourself!), as you may find people turn their backs from buying on-line and go back to the highstreet where they can return their games if they have been mis-sold!

Many Thanks for wasting my hard-earned £13.99

0 Kudos

/16

boyd45

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
boyd45
Accepted Solution
I find it fun and simple to use.
0 Kudos

/16

luckio

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
luckio
Accepted Solution
Agreed i think its cracking game its not Football Manager but i did not expect it to be.
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

moriarty1975

• Award Winner
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
moriarty1975
Accepted Solution

PSYCHO_SEAN wrote:

Cant be arsed to waste anymore of my life thinking about this terrbile game so im posting the eamil i sent to psn network services:::

Hello,

I am a frequent PS Store user/buyer and have never had a problem with it, until this afternoon. This afternoon I visited the store and viewed a game called Premier Manager, the game is advertised as being for "Hardcore and Casual Gamers" and as "The Definitive pick-up and play experience". So as a football manager gaming fan I went ahead and purchased the title for a little steep but promising £13.99. Then subsequently downloaded the game at a very small 180Mb (slightly concerned now), I installed the game for my screen to go black for 2 minutes before a generic ps3 loading bar appeared (getting more concerned). Eventually the 180Mb game loaded and I set off to become a great manager. No, this will never happen. One look at the game screen and anyone who plays these sorts of games can see that this is far below a standard expected for a ps3 title. I wasn't expecting fancy graphics but I certainly wasn't expecting a screen that was harder to navigate
than boat with 1 oar, a game that would take an hour to work out and minutes to get annoyed with. Simple things have been deeply overlooked and the controls are terrible, the menus are even worse and nothing does what you ask it.

Anyway, as you do not offer refunds I expect that games advertised on your store are advertised correctly, as some of the tag lines to this game are in inverted commas I presume they have quoted someone and would like to know whom. In future please check the titles and there advertising as this is misleading (if you think I'm over-reacting have a try yourself!), as you may find people turn their backs from buying on-line and go back to the highstreet where they can return their games if they have been mis-sold!

Many Thanks for wasting my hard-earned £13.99

Always wait for some reviews when a never-heard-about-it-before game goes on sale.
0 Kudos

/16

Mundham

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mundham
Accepted Solution

After playing this game solidly for 3 hours tonight, I think it`s worthy to counter some (not all) of the arguments presented here, specifically those generated by PSYCHO_SEAN:

I didn`t get the 2 minute wait time, or generic loading bar,  that was mentioned, it loaded and installed like any other game (perhaps a problem with your PS3 or Router?)

I agree that at face value the menus are not user-friendly, but with a bit of lateral thinking they are relatively simple to navigate after 5-10 mins. 

Quote - "Nothing does what you ask it"....? You don`t elaborate here but I found the only annoyance to be the Transfer Market (specifically selling players). The rest is relatively straight forward if you look at the Help sections on the screen which explain what each button does.

I am not playing Devil`s Advocate - I agree that it has not been play-tested to the greatest degree - but it IS a fun and rewarding Management sim, and something the PS3 sorely needed. Here`s hoping it`s the start of a trend. 

0 Kudos

/16

luckio

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
luckio
Accepted Solution

I think the majority of Football Manager fans are being very very harsh on Premier Manager on the PlayStation 3.

Lets look at it from another perspective for a second before the games release there was no Football Manager game for PlayStation 3 Exept the mini,s Championship manager. And Football fans was crying out for a footy manager title.

Now with the greatness of Football Manger this means that the majority of people will judge this game on a PC Game which is not truly fair to be honest.  Yes premier manager has a tricky control system no it does not have a commentry to go with the matches but its NOT Football Manager and never will be so stop comparing a PlayStation 3 game to a PC one.

And if you are buying this title expecting Football Mnager dont bother by the PC game instead you wont have to rant on here then will you about how bad a ps3 manager game is

0 Kudos

/16

mango1234

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mango1234
Accepted Solution

luckio wrote:

I think the majority of Football Manager fans are being very very harsh on Premier Manager on the PlayStation 3.

Lets look at it from another perspective for a second before the games release there was no Football Manager game for PlayStation 3 Exept the mini,s Championship manager. And Football fans was crying out for a footy manager title.

Now with the greatness of Football Manger this means that the majority of people will judge this game on a PC Game which is not truly fair to be honest.  Yes premier manager has a tricky control system no it does not have a commentry to go with the matches but its NOT Football Manager and never will be so stop comparing a PlayStation 3 game to a PC one.

And if you are buying this title expecting Football Mnager dont bother by the PC game instead you wont have to rant on here then will you about how bad a ps3 manager game is

I'm not a fan of Football Manager... and now because a few other people think its good I'm now reconsidering the purchase of this game... But I'm still gonna wait for a review or a blog post :)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

happyblade1975

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
happyblade1975
Accepted Solution

If you like old school footy management games but don't play the mammoth PC games then Premier Manager is a decent & fun little game - although perhaps over priced at £13.99.

PSYCHO_SEAN - worst game you've ever played??  - you must not have tried the Championship Manager mini then!

0 Kudos

/16

paddybee

73%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
paddybee
Accepted Solution
was thinking about buying this, harking back to the old days of SWOS, love that game, may have to load it up on the PC tonight....
0 Kudos

/16

Leicesterfan

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Leicesterfan
Accepted Solution

Do NOT buy this ‘game’.

I started out as Leicester City (my team) and some issues after 5 minutes of playing the game:

- Half the players listed are in the wrong positions and the stats for each player seem totally random and made up - I say 'stats' I can't actually see player ratings anywhere???
- Transfers VERY poor – We still have Paul Dickov who left months ago, yet we have Tom Kennedy who has only recently joined.

- The BIG one, I made my first signing…David Beckham – on £250k a week. Fair enough, a few inconsistencies with player positions etc, but Leicester being able to sign David Beckham? ANY credibility is lost right there.

The interface is nice, but the actual mechanics are woeful. How can I get any enjoyment playing the game, or be safe in the knowledge that I'm 'managing' the team and making good decisions when the game allows me to sign David Beckham?

Refund Please. Disgraceful. I look forward to someone challenging me.

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel