• Community Coordinator
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Survival Horror Competition

[ Edited ]
15 Replies 604 Views edited 18-01-2012
_0000s_0001_forum_banner_700x400.png

Fan of survival horror games? If so, read on I have just the treat for you!

Tell us a story of terror that will have us cowering in our boots but no huge essays please.  Let's say no longer than 500 words and for the most horrific yet interesting story we shall reward with a scary prize of the game AMY.

You can find out more about the game AMY from Fskl's review of the game here: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Store-Games/AMY-AMY-AMY-Review/td-p/14775249

Or even ytevo's thread dedicated to AMY here: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Store-Games/AMY-Official-Launch-Trailer-100-in-ga...

You have until Friday 27th January 2012 at 19:00 UK time in the evening to share your horror story with us.

This contest is open to residents over 18 years for UK and Ireland users.

The content of participation must not be offensive, xenophobic, violent, obscene or which could damage the sensitivity of others.

For the general rules of this comp see here: http://uk.playstation.com/legal/detail/item436352/General-Rules-for-Prize-Promotions/

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

Pacman_Ownage

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pacman_Ownage
Accepted Solution

And... post it here, in this thread right?

...It just doesn't specify anywhere, or should that be... AMYwhere? :D :D :D

:|

0 Kudos

Re: Survival Horror Competition

Community Coordinator

LordRoss

• Community Coordinator
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Yea post it here.

0 Kudos

/16

Mikal_Drey

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mikal_Drey
Accepted Solution

hey hey

So, Here I sit with the devil beside me.  He’s bored and so am I.

I don’t understand his boredom as I have amused him in various ways already.  He has sliced my flesh, ripped my nails out, scorched my hair, and fed me my manhood. Still; he is bored.

I have tried to converse with him as I was led to believe he is as old as time itself and should at least be able to regale me with some wondrous tale of the human condition.  I try and engage him but he just snorts at me derisively and boots me with his cloven hoof.

Time passes and we sit in silence. 

I gaze longingly at the blade which has appeared in his hand.  I salivate a little. As you would expect, the blade is beautiful.  It has a fiendish curve to it and appears to be crafted from a rib. An exquisite, and most erotic, carving of a woman adorns its deep ebony handle.

He stabs me in the eye.

I think this was out of frustration.  His patience must be wearing thin. 

He stabs me in the other eye.

Great; I think to myself. Now I’m blind. How am I supposed to feast upon the nakedness of the harlots and wanton women down here?   The blade comes again, this time deep into my chest. I can feel it pierce my heart.  Another stab, then another, frenetically now, over and over.  I lose count and I’m bored again. I think the devil is too as he looks at me dispassionately.  

Time passes again.

My hot lifeblood oozing from every wound wells up around my feet.  He takes his clawed hands and rakes his fingers across my skin.  His blackened fingers cause my flesh to putrefy with each pass. Clumps slough off onto the obsidian floor; will he feed me that too?

More time and more silence go past I and wonder if there is something he wants from me.  I’m a sinner through and through.  Life was great and I took every pleasure could and to hell, excuse the pun, with the lot of them.  I accepted my fate long ago.

In the distance I see someone approaching.  A fiend of some sorts dragging a sack behind it.  Whatever is inside appears to be struggling.   As it draws nearer I note the sack is quite clearly of human skin stitched crudely together with some sinew I cannot recognise.   The fiend gives its gesture of obsequience to its master then upends the sack onto the floor in front of us. 

It is my daughter. 

Satan whispers into my ear and I scream. 

“Thank you,” he says with a wicked grin.

451 words.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Pacman_Ownage

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pacman_Ownage
Accepted Solution

Not that long ago, on a forum much like this, there was a young lad that enjoyed the posting of unrelated Gif animations in threads that in no way required their use.

He would sit, alone at his computer, in the depths of his mother’s basement, hidden from society, and light, procrastinating for all eternity and leaving this idle state only to post an animated image of a cat wearing a hat within the innocent forum, and unbeknown to its sensible users, they would come across these images, time and time again without warning, and succumb to its absolute stupidity.

Many users before them had warned of this one boys tendency to ‘troll’ without due care or attention. But he did not listen, he proceeded to post these 25kb files around the threads, no corner of the boards were safe from his ability… or inability to communicate through words.

But before long, others noticed a change within him, within his postings. Long before the boy himself could realise what such a threat he had brought down upon himself. Every time the mouse was clicked to post, a writhing pain swam down his arm and bulged within his veins, causing him to disfigure horribly.

Before long, it had become unable to view gif animations through the now veiled eyes of a monstrosity, and more and more inappropriate posts found their way onto the internet through what he had succumbed to.

The internet had taken its next victim and truly turned it into a troll… a being of such sadness and depression their only goal in life is to trick others into thinking they have a sense of personality by tormenting them with horribly pixelated tiny movies of someone dancing awkwardly.

The curse ran riot through the web, bleeding into every monitor throughout the land, consuming everyone that viewed upon one of its posts. They too, would soon believe, against their will this was the way forward, and eventually too, would start posting Gif animations until it was too late and forums across the world were plagued by this menace.

There was no known cure, the trolls had become completely oblivious to all normal human interaction and any attempt to intervene was met with only death in the form horrendous body odour protruding from their grotesque glands that now slivered across their inhuman bodies and down their tendrils, oozing out of every crevice and consuming everyone in their path.

Attempts to quarantine were met with only a backlash of negative results, as the creatures favoured the solitude and thrived in the conditions only infecting more and more computers and their users. Before long, a pandemic had spread throughout, affecting the power house nations and their presidents, finding amusement in a Dee Dee pressing a big red  button Gif, they were mind controlled by the disease and launched nukes causing the end of the known world as we know it.

Hunched over the keyboard, it grunts one last time before being engulfed.

499 words

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

I remember one summers night driving down a narrow country like lane in my car with my windows open, and my music on, but not mega loud. I heard what sounded like a big cat in the trees make a yowling noise.. Scared I wound my windows up and turned my music off and carried on thinking, that can't of been a big cat here in the woods!? But there has been sightings of a Panther or similar big cat on the local docks in the past but I had never believed it.

The road is an entrance to a local yachting lake where as boy racers, we used to hang out and smoke, you get the picture ;)

As I approached all my friends in cars, with their music blasting out of their open boots with big sub woofers thumping, I noticed no one was around ''Skinny dipping'' I thought laughing to myself like we sometimes do in the hot summer nights :D

As I arrived at the lake I stepped out of my car and slipped twisting my arm, as I went to inspect it I noticed a lot of blood and whimpered in pain. I soon realised that it wasn't mine and quickly got up in a sudden panic. Then that yowling noise happened again, which I had completely forgotten about. Then it dawned on me, I couldn't hear or see anyone of my friends. I panicked, and hurried to the lake edge tripping and landing back in another pool of blood. As I looked up I saw the silhouette of what looked like a huge cat with what looked like an arm in its mouth. ''A Panther'' I thought???

The big beast dropped the arm and snarled at me, I got myself up and legged it to my car, it wouldn't start! My old Golf GTI was always temperamental! But not now please! I turnedand turned the ignition as the cat ran towards me at great pace. ''VROOOM'' it started and I set off. It then become clear that all of my friends was scattered all over the place and had been savaged by the beast. As I looked in my mirror there was an awful racket, one had jumped on my bonnet and was clawing at my windscreen cracking it reducing visibility. One was at my window, its head as large as a football! They were all around me! I stamped on my brakes making the one on my bonnet slide off and the ones behind me hitting the back of the car and knocking them unconscious. I sped off and swerved to the one on my right sending it into the trees, he was dead surly? ''Smack'' I had forgot about the one that slid off bonnet as it crashed through my front window!

I managed to push him out and keep the car straight, I just drove and drove thinking about my friends until I was home :(

I have never been back to this day and never drive at night with my windows open.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
MVP
/16

QuietlyWrong

• MVP
95%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
QuietlyWrong
Accepted Solution

Boo!

1 word

-------
/16

xx_Tooms109_xx

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xx_Tooms109_xx
Accepted Solution

I thought this was a competition for devs to develop the 1st half decent survival horror game this gen......

Code veronica doesnt count - Its a remake.:smileytongue:

(Ooops ... forgot about dead space).

0 Kudos

Community Coordinator

LordRoss

• Community Coordinator
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

ytevo79 wrote:

I remember one summers night driving down a narrow country like lane in my car with my windows open, and my music on, but not mega loud. I heard what sounded like a big cat in the trees make a yowling noise.. Scared I wound my windows up and turned my music off and carried on thinking, that can't of been a big cat here in the woods!? But there has been sightings of a Panther or similar big cat on the local docks in the past but I had never believed it.

The road is an entrance to a local yachting lake where as boy racers, we used to hang out and smoke, you get the picture ;)

As I approached all my friends in cars, with their music blasting out of their open boots with big sub woofers thumping, I noticed no one was around ''Skinny dipping'' I thought laughing to myself like we sometimes do in the hot summer nights :D

As I arrived at the lake I stepped out of my car and slipped twisting my arm, as I went to inspect it I noticed a lot of blood and whimpered in pain. I soon realised that it wasn't mine and quickly got up in a sudden panic. Then that yowling noise happened again, which I had completely forgotten about. Then it dawned on me, I couldn't hear or see anyone of my friends. I panicked, and hurried to the lake edge tripping and landing back in another pool of blood. As I looked up I saw the silhouette of what looked like a huge cat with what looked like an arm in its mouth. ''A Panther'' I thought???

The big beast dropped the arm and snarled at me, I got myself up and legged it to my car, it wouldn't start! My old Golf GTI was always temperamental! But not now please! I turnedand turned the ignition as the cat ran towards me at great pace. ''VROOOM'' it started and I set off. It then become clear that all of my friends was scattered all over the place and had been savaged by the beast. As I looked in my mirror there was an awful racket, one had jumped on my bonnet and was clawing at my windscreen cracking it reducing visibility. One was at my window, its head as large as a football! They were all around me! I stamped on my brakes making the one on my bonnet slide off and the ones behind me hitting the back of the car and knocking them unconscious. I sped off and swerved to the one on my right sending it into the trees, he was dead surly? ''Smack'' I had forgot about the one that slid off bonnet as it crashed through my front window!

I managed to push him out and keep the car straight, I just drove and drove thinking about my friends until I was home :(

I have never been back to this day and never drive at night with my windows open.

Congrats dude, you have been chosen as the winner.

Check your PM inbox as I'm sending the code your way :)

/16

Mikal_Drey

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mikal_Drey
Accepted Solution

grats dude.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution
Thank you PlayStation and everyone else who entered. :)

The beginning part of my story actually was true. I do believe I heard what sounded like a big cat in the woods and there have been sightings of one at the local docks and surrounding areas. The rest I just made up :D
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Pacman_Ownage

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pacman_Ownage
Accepted Solution

ytevo79 wrote:
Thank you PlayStation and everyone else who entered. :)

The beginning part of my story actually was true. I do believe I heard what sounded like a big cat in the woods and there have been sightings of one at the local docks and surrounding areas. The rest I just made up :D

I'm never going to trust anything you say ever again :(

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution
LOL
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Kodeir

• Beta Tester
90%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kodeir
Accepted Solution

Hi everyone!
Greetings from Russian Community! :)

We were having the same competition. After it we decided to translate our stories and post them here.

So I've translated my story. I hope you'll enjoy it! .

p.s. as we still don't have a winner I can't choose a best story for translation, so I'll translate stories that I like. I think I'll translate more on the next weekend.

p.p.s. I also hope that there are no mistakes, but I'm afraid that this is only a hope - my English is not the best :Stupid:

The Judje

The heavy rain was hitting the roof of the old shed, which was standing on a plowed field. The wind was staggering the cracked door as if he liked to hear the song of ungreased hinges.
A rare lightning lit up the field. There was a man. He walked slowly to the shed. He stumbled and fell, but was keep going. One of his hands was holding wide-brimmed hat, while the other one was helding a collar of a tattered coat. The sole of his right shoe almost pulled away, and clods where getting under his feet.
The raven was circling around a man. Once he sat down on travelers shoulder and took a little rest but then soared upward. Once he croaked loudly and pecked man in his neck. The man waved his hand, and the coat immediately flew open. Raven croaked again and waved his wing to the shed. The man nodded and the bird flew to the shed. As he sat at the door a shot rang out. But the raven did not stir.
The man managed a grin. When his hand touched the *****, he heard heavy breathing.
No...
The man opened the door, took out a box of matches and lit one. His deep-set eyes were barely seen in a thin light. His beard was smeared with mud and there was gore on the ears.
Go away...
Flame touched the wick and an oil lamp lighted up the whole shed.
My eyes! Put out! Put the.. light out!
- Your eyes will get used to.
A man went to one wall and touched the chain. There was a shapeless body on the other end of it. Collar squeezed a fat neck, arms and legs were shackled by other chains. The metal was tearing the flesh. Hands with stains of blood were keeping shotgun.
- Look at you. You have overcomed yourself. You reached the weapon through blood and sweat. But there is a mistake. I had left you one cartridge and you didn't interrupt your miserable existence with it. You spend it on the raven. And even missed. You are really miserable.
Fear ... I'm afraid... of birds ... Pecking ... A painful pecking...
The raven cried and sat on the prisoner's back and pecked him between the shoulder blades.
No! Take him away!
The man in a hat laughed.
- Fear is a sin.
He went to one of the shabby cabinets and opened the door.
- You know, there's no one else. All of the miles around, all, all are empty. Margaret, Jones, Salma, Jacob, even that retard bully Evans. I gave them absolution.
Prisoner was trembling with sobs. Saying was given more and more difficult.
Why? You said ... I was ... sufficient...
- There is no name for madness, but the justice has his name and the name for it is God. They say "you're crazy," I say that God talks with me. And he sad that the mission is not over. Not all sinners are condemned.
The hat fell on the floor, and the man ruffled his gray hair.
- Do you know that the fire purifies? - He took the canister out of the cabinet and began to wet the shed. - It will purifie even you, my pig. You would have shot me, but you do not have the cartridge. You would shot me and have died of starvation. A nice end for an adept of gluttony, but I don't have time.
He took the lamp and came to a stop in the doorway.
- Later.
And he threw a lamp on the floor. The flames leaped up.
The man was almost out when the prisoner hitted him in the knee with the shotguns butt. The man fell on his back and wanted to get up but his hands slipped on the wet floor. Manacles were cutting off prisoner's skin but he striked the man again and mashed his head.
Shed groaned and beams collapsed over the men...
Raven was flying and croaking around the burning shed, he was enjoying the cries.
The man. The other. Seek. Seek.
And he flew away.

and now some translations!

MVP
/16

jiieehaaa_

• MVP
94%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jiieehaaa_
Accepted Solution
Good work, Kodeir!
0 Kudos

Re: and now some translations!

Beta Tester
/16

Kodeir

• Beta Tester
90%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kodeir
Accepted Solution

The last scream (by Kordhard)

Michael could hardly contain his sobs. He was shaking with shiver, and the panic that squeezed his throat was the only thing that prevented him to scream. The thing is - there's no way out. He couldn't even imagine what this way could be. Michael clung onto the basement's wall and soiled his jacket with plaster. He could not make himself to move because any move would utter something. Parched throat was burning with fire, and the neck muscles were cramping because he was breathing with opened mouth and tensed throat. But it was the only way to breathe quietly.
The spit was crawling down his chin like a nasty sticky treacle. It was impossible to swallow it - the sound! And there was no way, there was no way out... He could just let loose the feelings and even scream after all, he could let things go hang - because there were no more strength to endure this fixed posture, and each slow breath was bringing out only pain.
Michael rushed into this basemenеt and banged the door's bar at the very last moment. He even felt a whack with his shoulder. There were too many of them on the street. Too meny to bear at least a chance to run to the next shelter. The basement. Michael had thought he was going to die there of thirst or hunger when he heard a sound that crossed even this illusory chance for the last few days of life. Slow monotonic steps. Inexorable. Then his eyes had adjusted to the darkness and he spoted them. The entire basement was filled with them. Reaching for him. They did not smell, they did not growl and didn't breath. They didn't even see in the dark. They were attracted only to sounds. A slightest sound. Any sound. Michael was preparing to die. But when he stood motionless, with his eyes closed in fear, they suddenly lost him. And then they frozed close at hand.
It took several eternities since then, but Michael could only glanced at the phosphorus watches to see that he wasn't there for long. Only four hours. Four hours of relentless torture in a tense stillness, when the cold wall was pressuring on the shoulderю Four hours when feet not even hurt but aches of stress, as if there were nails in them. And every breath was a torture. And there was no way out. Even if he managed to get out of the basement by some miracle - what's next? Where to go? And there was silly thing: the life was over, every next minute was bringing only pain - what's the point?
But a stubborn body does not want to die and can not decide. Another minute. Another five breaths. It's never late. But hopelessness was smothering with waves of panic. He even wanted to weep from despair - but it did not work too. And there were no courage to make a step. And Michael suddenly realized with horror that he could not bring himself to deal with it. That he would stand. Perhaps forever. But he would stand for his life even with strained throat and stoned legs, he would stand as only a human being can - desperate and selflessly. Because it was a goal. Maybe pointless, but the goal.
Marianne took a disgusting look at the long rows of bodies. There is only one room of morgue. And only she was in a shift. There were inventory, data and documents for each of them. There were same boxes that had dozens of others just like she.
There were no shootings in the spirit of Hollywood - forces just sprayed an antidote from helicopters. And they turned off. Everyone. Forever. But now everyone should be counted, logged, cremated and buried.
Marianne was describing the third dozen corpses, when her attention was attracted by some movement in the corner. One of them stood up. His wide-open mouth and his bared teeth left no doubt for her. He was reachinf for her with gnarled fingers and she jumped into the opposite corner of the morgue. Marianne thought her eardrums would burst up when she screamed. But before the dead man's body was shattered into pieces by the guards who broked in, Marianne had saw that his eyes were ALIVE.
But no one else didn'y notice that. And no one would believe. And she suddenly realized, with all the hopelessness, that no matter how long she would live these eyes would come in her dreams. And she will never find an answer to this mystery. Because there was no answer. And she couldn't even imagine what this answer could be...

Re: and now some translations!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel