05 Aug 2012
Playstation Staff

Android Apps on the PS Vita!!!!!

33 Replies 25,368 Views Created 05-08-2012

To Sony Playstation,

If you really want to kill off the competition, and i dont just mean Nintendo 3DS (and i ain't no fanboy or troll because unlike them, I have a brain), maybe even tablets in terms of the gaming (possible with the processing power of the vita) and other portable devices, and to show that the vita is a dedicated handheld gaming device, just put in Android apps like you do to your phones and you would sell a lot of vitas.

I, and other vita owners would really appreciate this.

Thank You,

SuperHak_786

P.S. Drop the price of the proprietary memory cards, not the price of the vita at gamescom. The memory cards are way too expensive and are basically what is killing the vita. All my friends are willing to buy vitas themselves because they know how stunningly beautiful and powerful this device is, but are being put off by the price of the memory cards. Also allow us to delete old save loads from vita games off the memory cards in order to save up some memory instead of having to buy extra memory cards. As mentioned above, I, and other vita owners would really appreciate this.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 34 (25,368 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Android Apps on the PS Vita!!!!!

[ Edited ]

This will not happen due to the fact its a different os to andriod and android games are ok in small doses but isnt what people really want in a portable gaming device, they want a console experiance on the go rather than mini game.

Also why would they use android when they have playstation suite/mobile and are planning to use that with the vita in the future(i think i read that somewhere, if not then this is still more likely than android)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 34 (25,346 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Android games will be converted to PSS (playstation suite) buy their developer IF the developer wants to.

Current plans for PSS titles are trial games, where you download the full game but have the most of it locked out. You then PAY to unlock the full game. There are plenty of Cross platform developers with the PSS SDK as its FREE to download..

PSS games WILL NOT be free to the public, currently, Sony will FIX the Prices to Recover PSS developement costs.

Android titles can be ported IF the developer puts the TIME in on the game.

Sony will continue embrace Android market as the Home entertainment division are incharge of that not SCEE. There phones and tablets and HDTVs all rely on android market to supply the content for there devices.

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner.
Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user. Pre ordered Kindle Fire TV
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 34 (25,332 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

this is very interesting stuff....

PlayStation Suite renamed to PlayStation Mobile, Sony partnering with HTC to expand its reach

link:
http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/06/05/playstation-suite-renamed-to-playstation-mobile-sony-partnering-wi...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 34 (25,320 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I see it very difficult to happen... Different interests and maybe not the objective of Sony....

But it worth to try!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 34 (25,236 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I agree i would really like to play some of the apps on my android on the vita im on my vita now looking for ways to do so and there are nun that i feel safe with. Y not have google play store added
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 34 (23,850 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

What they really need is all the good apps ported to ps mobile starting with a decent browser I can't stand netfront and have no clue why they keep using it. They should really be offering big incentives to get apps similar to smartphone ones and aiming to kill the iPod Touch market. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 34 (23,803 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

trolling

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 34 (22,750 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i agree with him put android and other touch screen apps on the vita, and lower the prices on memory cards,u will get way more buyers

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 34 (21,097 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

wrong

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 34 (21,096 Views)
0 Kudos