03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Android Apps on the PS Vita!!!!!

34 Replies 32,075 Views Created 05-08-2012

To Sony Playstation,

If you really want to kill off the competition, and i dont just mean Nintendo 3DS (and i ain't no fanboy or troll because unlike them, I have a brain), maybe even tablets in terms of the gaming (possible with the processing power of the vita) and other portable devices, and to show that the vita is a dedicated handheld gaming device, just put in Android apps like you do to your phones and you would sell a lot of vitas.

I, and other vita owners would really appreciate this.

Thank You,

SuperHak_786

P.S. Drop the price of the proprietary memory cards, not the price of the vita at gamescom. The memory cards are way too expensive and are basically what is killing the vita. All my friends are willing to buy vitas themselves because they know how stunningly beautiful and powerful this device is, but are being put off by the price of the memory cards. Also allow us to delete old save loads from vita games off the memory cards in order to save up some memory instead of having to buy extra memory cards. As mentioned above, I, and other vita owners would really appreciate this.

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

wgb27

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
wgb27
Accepted Solution

So in a recent interview with Jade Raymond from Ubisoft it was said that the new Assassins Creed and Splinter Cell games will have "companion apps" (presumably iOS and Android) to go along with them. If these turn out to be succesfull, we should expect the trend to continue.

Right there is supposedly a "companion app" for Hitman Absolution available on the Android marketplace.

Does anyone know if the current Hitman app and these future Assassins Creed and Splinter Cell apps will be available on Vita?

0 Kudos

Re: Android Apps on the PS Vita!!!!!

/16

DeadChaos

91%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DeadChaos
Accepted Solution

Don't need apps on my Vita, that's why I have a Xperia S. Skype on my vita...for what...it's available on most platforms. I prefer to save my battery juice for Soul Sacrifice! Vita is gaming console not a smartphone/tablet...keep it that way.

0 Kudos

/16

ascensius9

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ascensius9
Accepted Solution

How about everyone Stop bickering and have some common sense. Why the hell would you not want a device to be able to use completely all of its capability and functionality. I mean give yourself some freedom for god sake. You want to be constrained to a set of moral guidelines because of what the manufacturer decides needs to be done? "oh its a dedicating gaming device, so it shouldnt be able to do anything but that". That is absolute bloody absured madness! Let people be free and do what they will with thier devices (which is the biggest reason why google and android have succeeded). If they want to hack the hell out of it, so be it. If they want to put android or iOS or whatever the hell on it, so be it. YOU as a customer/consumer have the option to take part in using these things on your device if you want them. If you dont want them THEN DONT USE THEM. However do not deprive the desires of everyone else just because you want to be a sourpuss. Thank you, have a nice day....its not even an arguing matter.

0 Kudos

/16

Johneia2010

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Johneia2010
Accepted Solution

You can do whatever you want in your device the only problem is how and everybody is waiting for a developer to make it for them for they cannot program Android tweak on the Vita. That's it.

0 Kudos

/16

brianmini

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
brianmini
Accepted Solution
Hear hear! I've been saying that for ages! I use my ps3 and my 360 as much as media hubs as consoles, Vita is the same in my view!
0 Kudos

/16

Valentik2010

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Valentik2010
Accepted Solution

support remote play for all original dvd games in sight for ps3 i feel ripped off-pay for the original game and not have it or onlline pass or the possibility of playing on the device ps vita, lying in a drawer and nothing.:Ill:

0 Kudos

/16

CAPT_STACKS

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CAPT_STACKS
Accepted Solution
I agree they need to put Android apps on the vita because the free games that sony has to offer sucks!!! and they dont put enough content in the store unless your spending money and even those are not that exciting...its about to be 2014 stop being petty sony i didn't spend $250 to wait for yall to give us wack child games lol i love my vita i just want to be able to enjoy all the features and allowing me to get games out the playstore would help because then i'll be able to play a bunch of multiplayer games...
0 Kudos

/16

DeadChaos

91%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DeadChaos
Accepted Solution

CAPT_STACKS wrote:
I agree they need to put Android apps on the vita because the free games that sony has to offer sucks!!! and they dont put enough content in the store unless your spending money and even those are not that exciting...its about to be 2014 stop being petty sony i didn't spend $250 to wait for yall to give us wack child games lol i love my vita i just want to be able to enjoy all the features and allowing me to get games out the playstore would help because then i'll be able to play a bunch of multiplayer games...

Luckily Android does not have any "wack child games" hey! Maybe we can ask Sony to stick iOS on there aswell and maybe throw in Windows OS too just so every one can stop bitching about the Vita. And just for you....Sony will also reduce the price to $50. Next time DO NOT buy a vita OR maybe use your android phone/tablet for your  ANDROID "non wacky child games" needs or to hack it as much as you like.

0 Kudos

/16

chrisredmayne

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
chrisredmayne
Accepted Solution
Android has such a poor games collection why would you want this to happen
0 Kudos

/16

Yashyu7

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yashyu7
Accepted Solution

i want to make my psvita android

0 Kudos

/16

ImagineeBCH

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ImagineeBCH
Accepted Solution
Theres like...nothing on the vita, its just sitting in my closet gathering dust!
0 Kudos

/16

chrisredmayne

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
chrisredmayne
Accepted Solution
So would you get your vita out if it had flappy birds on it??!!

I think the post shouldn't be to get android games on the Vita... It should be for developers to do what they did with angry birds... The Vita game seems more complete and finished than the android ones.

Was thinking about this before and I think people wrongly think android games are complete (myself included) when they are just bad versions. The need for speed is a million times better on the vita. I can only think of NBA jam and the newer asphalts which I'd like to see on the viya
0 Kudos

/16
57%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MissMegumiTakani
Accepted Solution

There are Android apps already for the PSVITA!   Check out the Facebook page below!  They highlight some of the Android apps that are starting to appear on the PlayStation Store!

0 Kudos

battlefield-32b.jpg

/16

CIKK_76

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CIKK_76