Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: Android Apps on the PS Vita!!!!!

[ Edited ]

BreeceTheBeast25 wrote:

i agree with him put android and other touch screen apps on the vita, and lower the prices on memory cards,u will get way more buyers

The Vita is not a tablet it is a dedicated gaming device

Android be it phone or tablet is a jack of all trades and a maser of none.

If you want a jack of all trades buy a Nexus 7 which has Android apps

If you want a dedicated gaming device which has some apps buy a Vita.

Last thing we need on th Vita is the 10 bob crap from the Android store!

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 34 (7,146 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Considering that some of the best android games (and with tremendous hardware requirements) are:
Bard's tale
Horn
Dead Space
Wildblood
N.O.V.A. collection
Dungeon Hunter
Mass Effect

among others, it would be great if we could just go to play store on our ps vita and download the games already payed.

piece of the advice, playstation suite is quite nice, but stop the policy of making people pay for stuff they already bought.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 34 (7,131 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

many android games feels like a step backwards to the days of c64 and sepcy and would suerly not be good for a handheld thats trying to take portable gaming a step foreward.

only release quality gaming content and not every quick thrill joy ride mobile game that dies a death after 15mins of play time. ive got a smartphone for these naff games ... not on my vita thanks!

Dead space and Mass effect would be amazing for sure.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 34 (7,127 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

blackout_pt wrote:
Considering that some of the best android games (and with tremendous hardware requirements) are:
Bard's tale
Horn
Dead Space
Wildblood
N.O.V.A. collection
Dungeon Hunter
Mass Effect

among others, it would be great if we could just go to play store on our ps vita and download the games already payed.

piece of the advice, playstation suite is quite nice, but stop the policy of making people pay for stuff they already bought.

We NEED vita games no cheap android games.

Played most of those you have listed on a friends android when he was showing off and they are poor compared to their console counter parts.

Again the Vita is not a android or a jack off all trades you want those type of poor console counter parts buy a android device.

I bought the Vita for a full gameing experience not to have some poor console counter part games.

Dead sapce and some of the others would be nice but a full on Vita version and not the poor android version

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 34 (7,121 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Android market has GTA 3 and Vice City. Not to mention the Vita's library isn't big enough at the moment to keep many people passified. I'de gladly welcom the android market to Vita. 

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 34 (6,798 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

The major problem with Android - and this applies to both games and apps - is the dreaded compatability factor. All you need to do is take a look at any of the thousands of apps listed in the Google Play store and the comments posted by customers and you'll find device-specific issues with not a few but most titles and this will no doubt happen with the Vita as well.

It's not just small developers this happens with, but all the larger Android publishers. Because of all the hardware variations Android publishers have to work with, there's no guarantees that a game or app will work perfectly on every device so it's more trouble than it's worth.

We've got two Android tablets and until recently four Android phones in the house and there was never a single app or game that worked perfectly on all of them. I even had to delete Jetpack Joyride from my phone because it was bugged as hell even though exactly the same game works fine on the tablets.

Seriously, we're better off without Android and if we do want apps like this, I'd rather see them developed through Playstation Mobile but for that to happen we need to get behind all the PS Mobile developers with the games they are releasing right now.

Vita Player - the definitive site for reviews, news and features for Playstation Vita owners
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 34 (6,795 Views)

Playstation Staff

kill it!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 34 (6,402 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

well it is better if we had android apps on the vita

u know!!! for eg= watsapp can be added due to the 3g services

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 34 (6,291 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

It is typical of you not to agree to put android on the PS Vita because all Sony cares about is profit! thats why you put a special SD card slot to leach money of buyers. I have heared rumors of the PS4 games only being downloadable so you can set the price. If that is true it is not going to win you customers and you need to learn to take in what your customers want!

You may as well put Android on the PS Vita as that is what your customers want! it has nothing to do with what you think people want. It is fact that Android is way more popular than PS Vita and for a few reasons IT IS CUSTAMISEABLE! IT HAS WAY BETTER APPS AND GAMES! IT HAS MORE APPS AND GAMES! 

I mean people WANT Android as an additional addon i mean thats why the Droid x360 was made and why people ave developed VitAndroid a Android hack for PS Vita.

Unles you want to move down on the list of best handheld devices you need to take note from what your customers want! And what they want is Android And cheaper SD cards i mean Android is the most popular OS in the world it would be good if you could make a Vita with dual load options so you can load into Android or the current Os

Ther is a very high possability of you losing money as people develop Fake cheaper SD cards, Android copies of the vita like the Droid x360 and homebrews of Android like the VitAndroid

SO LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS AND LEARN FROM THEM! THEY ARE THE ONES THAT ARE GOING TO MAKE YOU MONEY NOT SOME RUBBISH SONY OFICIAL KNOW-IT- ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 34 (5,821 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Put iOS on it and were ALL happy better still dual boot Android and iOS!!!

*warning post contains much sarcasm
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 34 (5,785 Views)