Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Countdown to the PS Vita

This topic is not making the time go any faster. I'm very disappointed :smileysad:

Really hate being impatient some times :smileytongue:
0 Kudos
Message 91 of 339 (1,113 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

100% agree there. The 22nd can't come quick enough. :smileyhappy:

Friendly neighbourhood Xander!
@Lysander__
0 Kudos
Message 92 of 339 (1,071 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

days till launch...

30.png

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

Drinkbox Studios

box.jpg

Follow-up to the well-received PSN platforming absorb-em-up, Tales from Space: About a Blob, Mutant Blobs Attack features that age-old story of a blob seeking to ingest all of mankind. Or something. Mankind had it coming.

Image15.jpg

Like Katamari, you start off small and grow larger by ingesting objects that are smaller than you; as you grow, that allows you to absorb larger and larger objects and reach new places. There the similarities end: this blob has character of its own – apparently this one has more attitude than the protagonist of the previous game – and it develops special powers that allow the introduction of more interesting navigation and puzzling. And new touch screen controls are added to complicate the blob’s platforming world – touch and drag or rotate special objects around to create new platforms or provide safe passage through hazardous environments.

Image16.jpg

Throw in a distinctive, polished graphical style, edgier humour than in the first Blob game and speed-run leaderboards on which to contend with friends and you’ve got a charming and engaging title to download to your Vita. Drinkbox have intimated that they may bring Mutant Blobs Attack to the PS3, in which case they’ll aim to have shared save files that allow you to pick up on one console where you left off with the other.

Image17.jpg

-------
Message 93 of 339 (1,010 Views)
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Ordered mine yesterday. First time I've preordered a console. I've booked a half day off work, the Other half and my daughter will be out. 8Gb memory card and hopefully uncharted. Very excited! Can't believe there's still 30 days to go.
0 Kudos
Message 94 of 339 (977 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

22nd is my birthday my ps vita,uncharted & 16gb preorded so hope there will be a midnight release as they are gonna wrap it up for me(my brother-in-law works at shop) the star....can't wait.

0 Kudos
Message 95 of 339 (900 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

katieboo83 wrote:

22nd is my birthday my ps vita,uncharted & 16gb preorded so hope there will be a midnight release as they are gonna wrap it up for me(my brother-in-law works at shop) the star....can't wait.

Lucky girl!

0 Kudos
Message 96 of 339 (888 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Loving this thread. Well done and kudos given.
0 Kudos
Message 97 of 339 (875 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I'm still on the fence about the Vita. From my previous experience with the original PSP. I only ever played the GTA game, at least that's all I remember.

Between the 3DS & my PS3, I'm already playing a lot of games. I'm afraid the Vita will destroy me!

I'm also afraid of another ''failure'' that the previous PSP's suffered, at least that's what I thought. What is Sony doing different now, that they think the Vita will be a success?

Can games be patched? 

Does it use Flash Cards for games?

Why are the memory cards so expensive! It's almost useless to even offer a 4GB card.

The amount of packaging for the games are terrible too. It really should be around the size of a DS game, save money & the environment eh Sony?

I don't know what to do yet!

0 Kudos
Message 98 of 339 (867 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

this thread is great keep it up kudos given

altjough my wallet is crying got loads more games on my wishlist lol

follow me on twitter @goonerrob1104
0 Kudos
Message 99 of 339 (863 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

days till launch...

29.png

Super Stardust Delta

Sony (Housemarque)

logo.jpg

PSN’s favourite twin-stick shooter is back on a portable screen and this time, it’s got a system to match its serious firepower. Finally, we have the first serious portable gaming device with two joysticks and what better way to show those controls off than with a new Super Stardust?

Image23.jpg

Of course this classic blasting action hasn’t forgotten the Vita’s other inputs. Fire missiles at a target with one tap of the front screen; create a black hole with a touch on the rear pad; shake the Vita to fire an EMP blast; tilt the screen to looks around the planet... And on top of that there are a handful of new Vita-exclusive minigames, including one which requires you to crush your targets by pinching them between your thumb and fingers.

Image24.jpg

The PS3’s Super Stardust HD is one of the highest rated games on the PlayStation Network, and this Vita instalment looks to be every bit as good as its television-bound brother. With glorious graphical pizazz that explodes on that awesome OLED screen, and nineteen years of gameplay refinement since the original, brilliant Stardust (on Amiga), this is going to be yet another of those addictive pick-up-and-play games that will really help the Vita stand out from other devices. Those of you who have pre-ordered your Vita will get the option to use your discount voucher on this game and the only thing missing is a release date. Originally slated for the Vita’s European launch, the title was mysteriously removed from the PlayStation Blog’s launch line-up post shortly after that was published in late November. But with the Japanese version hitting the SCEJ store last week for 1000 yen, perhaps it won’t be a long wait...

Image26.jpg

-------
Message 100 of 339 (826 Views)