06 May 2012

Playstation Staff

Racing games

6 Replies 238 Views Created 06-05-2012
Hi I'm a big fan of racers and have got wipeout 2048 but I was after a car racing game is the psp version of gran turismo worth it as a single player game or should I look at something else?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (238 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Racing games

not really. on the vita it looks blurry and the lack of campaign is a ... er .. pain

i have been getting my racing jollies with wipeout and the fantastic motorstorm rc.

although if you want a psp racer, i loved Arctic Edge.

pmf (mr motorvita)
 photo pmfbik-2.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (228 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I love racing games and to be honest they are my favourite genre but their is a lack of any real good racing games that are worth playing on the vita. Sure there is wipeout but it doesn't float my boat and to be honest comes off a little childish. Motorstorm RC is good for quick plays but not what hold my attention for long. As for the rest of the offerings they are the usual ports (f1 2011 and asphalt) or a glorified demo (ridge racer).

What the vita needs is a decent racing game sometthing like a NFS, Dirt or a decent sim (or decent port of a sim as F1 2011 3ds port is utter garbage).
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (208 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

joff81 wrote:
What the vita needs is a decent racing game sometthing like a NFS, Dirt or a decent sim (or decent port of a sim as F1 2011 3ds port is utter garbage).

By all accounts the Vita version of F1 2011 is a far better port than the 3DS version, but it is still more arcadey than the PS3 version.

But you're right. In truth, racing games are a big market in Europe (much more so than in N America or Japan, I think) so it's only a matter of time before some more come along.

-------
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (197 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

There is a rally racing games coming for the Vita.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (195 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
QuietlyWrong, I'm sorry to dissapoint you but the 3DS and PS Vita versions of F1 2011 are both the same same game using the same game code the only difference is the vita runs in a higher resolution and the 3DS runs in 3d. Everything else is the same including car models and control method restraints.

There is a rally game coming for the vita in October WRC 2012 by Black Bean games but how good it is remains to be seen.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (158 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

joff81 wrote:
QuietlyWrong, I'm sorry to dissapoint you but the 3DS and PS Vita versions of F1 2011 are both the same game

Really? I didn't know that. But don't worry about disappointing me, it's not a game for me anyway. :smileywink:

-------
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (146 Views)