PS Vita Games

PS Vita Games

23 Feb 2012
By: Nick930930 Member 35 Posts
Level 1

Remote Play + Playstation Vita

[ Edited ]
20 Replies 10784 Views edited 23-02-2012

Ok so I have yet to find a forum online that has enough information to sustain this extremely critical topic. So here in this thread, I will explain what remote play is according to all the different websties and Sony interviews and ask important questions that hopefully you guys can answer for me.

Remote Play: A function on the Vita that allows it to basically stream your PS3 straight to the PS Vita via Wi-Fi/3G connection. Technically speaking, this will allow you to access your PS3's XMB menu along with it's applications like Music, Videos, Games, and Friends List.

HOWEVER! Video reviews of the vita reveal that remote play actually fails at doing most of what it promises! Owners of the VIta (Before official US release) claim and showed proof that their PS3 games would NOT play on their vita via remote play. However, trailers for the vita that demonstrate crossplay and remote play CLEARLY show killzone 3 being paused on the PS3, and resumed on the Vita. People online have confirmed that Killzone 3 is NOT working with the Vita. In addition to these PS3 titles that won't work, PS1 titles, PS2 titles, and even PSN Indie games like Super Stardust HD also failed to work. According to people online, this is due to one of two things:

1) Sony has yet to release the firmware update for either the vita or the ps3 that allows remote play to function as intended

2) The games themselves need the developers to patch them and allow the game to be streamed to a vita via remote play

If #1 is the reason, then ok. As long as it isn't some fake promise like you made before PS3 came out about crossgame chat.

If #2 is the reason, well... then we most likely won't see our favorite PS3 games ever on our PS Vita. Developers will most likely opt out of supporting remote play in order to sell new, possibly crappier Vita versions of games. For example, Little Big Planet 2 would be a GREAT game to be able to play via remote play. Being able to pick it up and play some community levels while your on the bus would make the vita totally worth it. In fact, the Vita was even demonstrated to play LittleBigPlanet 2 in a crossplay demonstration done by head of playstation at a tech demo last year along with killzone 3. However, Media Molecule is also releasing their own LittleBigPlanet Vita game... perhaps they realized that by making LBP2 available on a vita via remote play, nobody would bother buying the Vita-only game as it would essentially be the same game just with touch screen controls.

This concept is pretty disturbing. Producers of games can essentially make this absolutely amazing function of the vita completely useless just so they can boost their profits and make some extra cash by selling us essentially the same game over again. I personally would rather spend $15 on a DLC allowing the vita crossplay to function for a game than have to spend $50 on a shorter, smaller scale PS Vita game.

if anybody has anything to say about this, please speak up. If i'm wrong at all about anything please let me know and provide a legit source because I don't wanna be disappointed by people saying "EVERY GAME WILL WORK THROUGH REMOTE PLAY" beause...clearly that is NOT the case....yet.  

Also, please report ANY games that you have tried through remote play and that have worked correctly. We need a list of games that work with remote play to figure out this issue.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (10,784 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Re: Remote Play + Playstation Vita

ps3 games were never planned to work with RP

just like RP with the psp

u can access music , videos and photos

gamewise some psp's , minis and other select games will work but not ps3 games

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (10,777 Views)
Level 1

[ Edited ]

As you noticed in my other thread, there is sufficient evidence showing that Vita developers WERE intending on having Remote Play play PS3 games. Ps3 games WERE planned to work with RP. It is not available at this time though. Sony either doesn't have it ready, or is waiting till a good time to release it to boost sales.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (10,746 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

well if sony are withholding it until its fully functional then i can understand

no point releasing it if it wont work as intended

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (10,741 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

I imagine they will want to wait until they have shifted a fair few vita games first , the kz3 remote play demo is what pursuaded me into getting a vita..
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (10,672 Views)
0 Kudos

Lair works, and my ps1 games work, none of my psn games will work, also had problems with movies they would download to vita but would not play
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (10,501 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

McNeilio wrote:
ps3 games were never planned to work with RP

just like RP with the psp

u can access music , videos and photos

gamewise some psp's , minis and other select games will work but not ps3 games
This :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (10,444 Views)
0 Kudos

Sony had better come forward and say what the hell is going on. I bought the vita just for this feature. As of now the vita is nothing more than a slightly upgraded psp.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (10,374 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

There is no reason why remote play shouldnt support ALL PS3 games. All that is happening is a video feed being sent via wifi to the vita.  You would expect a bunch of games to be unplayable due to the missing buttons on the Vita, but support for popular games could be patched if a developer wished. I would at least like the ability to try remote play on my PS3 collection, it wouldnt take long to create a list of games what work vs those that dont.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (10,254 Views)
0 Kudos

Sony said we would have this function but they said we were going to be able to use the psp for a rear view mirror while playing a racing game, but after the launch of psp they never even talked about it anymore. It's the same thing with the vita.. That really makes me mad because I wanted these features. Sony lies too much
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (8,795 Views)
0 Kudos